What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread Warriors vs Broncos

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nice solid confidence building display

The Broncos were atrocious with the ball and didn’t throw anything at all at the Warriors for 80mins, but you get the confidence of holding them out on the line repeatedly

attack wise it clicked back into better set plays and option taking today. Big month ahead if they continue that form and SJ is watching them perform

sup42

Juniors
I was slightly missing Johnson near the end (at 22-16) when I thought his deeper kicks would help close it out better.
Our shorter kicking game turns out to be a non issue after we won the field position tonight against last years grand finalists.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
SJ and Martin are both 7s and don’t compliment each other.
That much should be obvious by now. TMM deserves incumbency, when SJ is fit he should return through reserve grade and then perhaps off the bench. And if he returns to FG I’d rather see him paired with CHT (assuming Metcalf doesn’t make it back this year).
Bir right now I think TMM and CHT are the top guys.

sup42

Juniors
Gee we beat the Broncos.....been a while....the only top teams we need to get now are the Storm and the Roosters.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We will smash them.

Our face ball at the line bullet passing between Walker and TMM will be too fast for the Dogs admirable dogged arm wrestle game this season.

The eyes up attacking style the TMM Warriors are running really compliments the boring Webster ball set up plays from the early tackles in our half.

I know the Dogs are good, very good, and honest side.

But this game we play with TMM is top four high speed ball backed up by solid defence.

Provided SJ does not play we win imo.
Haha so this suggests we win the comp if SJ has played his last game for us??

You know more league than I'll ever know, but I still see a fringe 8 side when I watch tonight

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Lets not get too excited. We were full strength. Broncos were missing Haas, Carrigan and Walsh. That makes a big difference to their team. Im happy for the win, but some perspective needed.
This, without question… and if they didn’t bounce back they’d confirm they’re a bunch of pea hearted merkins. Under strength Broncos was ideal tbh, but worry is still they aren’t terribly hood tbh, and they’ll bump Johnson back in as soon as he’s available which isn’t working, tbh if Johnson is the 7 then they should drop TMM, they just don’t work

sup42

Juniors
SJ and Martin are both 7s and don’t compliment each other.
That much should be obvious by now. TMM deserves incumbency, when SJ is fit he should return through reserve grade and then perhaps off the bench. And if he returns to FG I’d rather see him paired with CHT (assuming Metcalf doesn’t make it back this year).
Bir right now I think TMM and CHT are the top guys.
Martins played his career elsewhere at six though hey and had some stellar games before he came here.

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
They were commenting on the reserve grade game.

Two players were sent off.
Just seemed like a weird thing to randomly mention in a post about the FG game is all...

Well with the Johnson team you lose more games than you win.

With TMM at half back the club is undefeated.

I am pretty excited about that whatever excuse is made for the Broncos our future is clearly with TMM as the seven for the coming years and CHT looks to be a really good communicator with Martin.

We played for the win with eleven players for ten minutes, no one would have predicted that win with two players missing....mate you should get excited and not be a dry balls on that reason alone.

But now i realize old mate's probably been on the sauce since 2:30pm so timelines might be getting a little mixed up 😉

nswarrior

Juniors
I missed parts of the game today but I have finally realised key issues this year

1. our back line and centres in particular are too slow - opposition sides get around Pompey and RTS too easily and the other defenders are 2nd guessing what they should do. RTS has lost a lot of pace

2. 2nd rowers are slow too, compounding the problem - a number of the 2nd rowers have been turned into props and are lacking speed across the ground - Barnett, Niukore, Ford

3. SJ has not been playing at 100% and going through the motions expecting things to just happen, either kicks into the corner or drops the balls for a crash play

We do have strong go forward and can get on a roll at times, still hoping we make the 8 and the coaches figure out some solutions to our problems

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I missed parts of the game today but I have finally realised key issues this year

1. our back line and centres in particular are too slow - opposition sides get around Pompey and RTS to easily and the other defenders are 2nd guessing what they should do. RTS has lost a lot of pace

2 2nd rowers are slow too, compounding the problem - a number of the 2nd rowers have been turned into props and are lacking speed across the ground - Barnett, Niukore, Ford

2. SJ has not been playing at 100% and going through the motions expecting things to just happen, either kicks into the corner or drops the balls for a crash play

We do have strong go forward and can get on a roll at times, still hoping we make the 8 and the coaches figure out some solutions to our problems

Yeah we are a slow side who are strong through the middle, so we spend a lot of time dominating but have to work really hard for points because we don’t really have the players to score long range tries or against the run of play. We have to play a lot of football for every try we score and are susceptible to conceding points quickly and conceding long range tries.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This, without question… and if they didn’t bounce back they’d confirm they’re a bunch of pea hearted merkins. Under strength Broncos was ideal tbh, but worry is still they aren’t terribly hood tbh, and they’ll bump Johnson back in as soon as he’s available which isn’t working, tbh if Johnson is the 7 then they should drop TMM, they just don’t work
Mmm I dunno, I honestly think Webster is smart enough and has the gumption now to keep SJ out of the side. He has to, this is his job. He is judged solely on how this side performs and it is crystal clear it performs best with a TMM CHT halves combo

JJ

Immortal
Mmm I dunno, I honestly think Webster is smart enough and has the gumption now to keep SJ out of the side. He has to, this is his job. He is judged solely on how this side performs and it is crystal clear it performs best with a TMM CHT halves combo
I have no doubt he’ll do what he thinks is right…. Bottom line is TMM has been around a while and never shown he can do this consistently, and we all know what Johnson is… just saying they don’t play well together it seems

sup42

Juniors
Just seemed like a weird thing to randomly mention in a post about the FG game is all...

But now i realize old mate's probably been on the sauce since 2:30pm so timelines might be getting a little mixed up 😉
No problem, cut and paste error from earlier in the day. Should have read my post before posting.

Last edited: