What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread Warriors vs Broncos

Enjoy yourself. The Warriors don't deserve a chance to give up a corporate box.
Had a chat with Danny Buderus as the Red Energy ambassador, was pulling on the blue jersey to run the messages. Leon Pryce was in box next door for his sons debut(outside sears linked), Steve "beaver" Menzies was with him. Danny said he had been to England and back in the last 2 days.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah we are a slow side who are strong through the middle, so we spend a lot of time dominating but have to work really hard for points because we don’t really have the players to score long range tries or against the run of play. We have to play a lot of football for every try we score and are susceptible to conceding points quickly and conceding long range tries.
Yeah, I do wonder about this. We have no pace across the park at all. Even Egan, he looked like a slick operator in the first few rounds on hard tracks, but when it gets a bit greasy and heavy under foot it seems to take away his running game. His service remains good, but he hasn't been effective for a fair few rounds.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I missed parts of the game today but I have finally realised key issues this year

1. our back line and centres in particular are too slow - opposition sides get around Pompey and RTS too easily and the other defenders are 2nd guessing what they should do. RTS has lost a lot of pace

2. 2nd rowers are slow too, compounding the problem - a number of the 2nd rowers have been turned into props and are lacking speed across the ground - Barnett, Niukore, Ford

3. SJ has not been playing at 100% and going through the motions expecting things to just happen, either kicks into the corner or drops the balls for a crash play

We do have strong go forward and can get on a roll at times, still hoping we make the 8 and the coaches figure out some solutions to our problems
Yeah I watched a couple of times yesterday when there was half on opportunity on the outside but Pompey had nothing. I though Brad Parker would be the least athletic NRL back I would see by I think Pompey has him covered

nswarrior

Juniors
You usually don’t notice and get away with a couple of slow backs but our backline has to be the slowest in the comp compounded by slow 2nd rowers.

TMM looks like the fastest player we have

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On the scoreboard that looks like an awesome win, it was anything but watching it though.
Started well, were flat through the middle but closed it out pretty well I thought. The effort was definitely back though, and the execution was enough to get the job done. Worth noting Pompey’s radar was off too, he’d normally had got at least two of those missed shots.

Latest posts