What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Sharks (round 23)

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Great to see the traditional fighting spirit of the Dragons come to the fore! Hopefully another three wins to come plus plenty of points scored.

FlameThrower

Bench
Great win....painfull as well as joyfull!!

Would like Mary to come out and admit Dimitrou has more an imput.
Frankly, completely different game plan...offloads galore, forwards running into the ball instead if flat f

Never get sick of this .. Haven't heard it enough this year. Benny Creagh brings back the memories of yester year.

Interesting to see which dragon really get into the team song.. Note Packer and Sims .. It means something to them, I think they get it.
any win is a good win, this was a much needed win. Coach aside, our squad have been down on confidence, even Widdops goal kicking was on song last night!

getsmarty

Immortal
Sims: Building For That Win
Sun 14th August, 07:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons prop Tariq Sims admits the team is full of confidence following the 32-18 win over the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Saturday.

The Red-and-Whites ended a five-game losing streak with the local derby victory which saw Sims notch two tries before departing the field with a suspected rolled ankle near the end of fulltime.

The local Gerringong Lions junior will undergo scans to assess the ailment but believes the win is a turning point for the squad.

St George Illawarra Dragons prop Tariq Sims admits the team is full of confidence following the 32-18 win over the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Saturday.

The Red-and-Whites ended a five-game losing streak with the local derby victory which saw Sims notch two tries before departing the field with a suspected rolled ankle near the end of fulltime.

The local Gerringong Lions junior will undergo scans to assess the ailment but believes the win is a turning point for the squad.

“It was a definitely a great team effort after we looked at ourselves in the mirror asking questions and I’m really glad we were up for that game,” said Sims.

“We never really lost focus and knew if we focused on our defence then our attack would come and I’m pretty proud of the boys despite leaking a couple of points which we will learn from.

“We’ve played some really good sides over the past four or five weeks and our past two games we only lost by seven points so we were definitely building for a win and lucky enough to get over a quality side that are pushing for the title this year.

“Paul McGregor is very good at challenging individuals and he challenged me during the week and I like to think I responded the way he wanted me to.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/08/14/sims_.html

Slippery Morris

First Grade
You never know, the players may have played that way to impress the NEW coach coming in. Was Cleary at the game?????

Nah in all seriousness, excellent effort and seeing JD being excited in the box was awesome and possible because he had a bigger role than usual. Tariq was enormous. Absolute phenomenal game. Was he at Cows when JD was there? Maybe JD knew how to get him to play his best because he was definitely the best on the field and made a huge difference.

If that performance was due to a significant influence of JD then I would be happy to have him as coach next season if not Cleary. If we will be treated to that type of footy then bring it on.

As per previous comments Saints have the cattle. Just need a No.9 in Segy with Cook on the bench and they will be sweet next season. Get rid of Farrell, Lafai, Havilii and Rein and Creagh will retire. Benji and Widdop played well last night together. Why, because they were probably allowed to and we not resticted to crap cautious tactics. Keep Benji for 2017 and then throw big bucks at a superstar No.7 for 2018.

thebigredv

First Grade
I just really hope Dragons repeat that effort for the next three weeks. Finals won't happen, but we have to put the pride back in the red v jersey.

Then hopefully it's capped off with the news of a new coach for 2017.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
It was great to see everybody give 100%. And to here the crowd sing out st george st george. And the team finally playing attractive football. But the best thing was seeing shark fan go home early and the f/ing trumpeter shut up. Keep it going boys.

Last edited:

Sigurd

Juniors
A few observations.
1. Jack Bird is overrated. At least as a centre.
2. Despite Greg Alexanders raving, Widdop DID NOT take the ball to the line on a regular basis. It was almost all catch and pass several meters in front of the defence.
3. On that note, if the club can pick up a decent ball player, this has the makings of a pretty good team.
4. Shonkies are a joke. They will exit in straight sets.
5. Matt Prior is a really good player. I know it was supercoach Price who got rid of him. If it weren't for that I would find it a baffling decision.

Latest posts