What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs PANFERS Official thread. Not that post whore's 8.52pm thread the previous day, what's that rubbish!!!

ragzouken

Juniors
I’m as disappointed as anyone.. but to suggest Penrith toyed with us and wouldn’t be giving their absolute 100%.. I think some of you are allergic to giving us any sort of credit. What was it, 10-6 after the Katoa try and we seemed to gain some momentum.. until another dropped ball.
We played tough.
A lot of weird discourse this year, getting to a prelim is a big step, we would have to be the only team that would get destroyed in the media for making it this far.

Roosters got pumped and looked shit all year crickets…

Cricket time

bluefox68

Staff member
I dunno if Flano is keen but there’s certainly interest from our end.

I’ll probably be howled down but I see it as a great move. Nicho is done. He needs a fresh start. Ben is an absolute pro, still has plenty to offer and lives locally.
On board with this…
Ben Hunt would absolutely be an upgrade.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
This years competition has been poor at best.
2 good teams
15 poor to average teams, just making up the numbers.
What do we have to celebrate that is and the Roosters are top of the burning turd of teams.
And when any of us to play the decent teams it was a farce
Disagree here. Yes there are two standouts then comp but you can not convince me that we are in the same “poor to average” category as the Tigers or Dragons

Yes I know the Tigers beat us once but that was a strange night, an anomaly. We are a good side in the same category as probably the roosters and manly, but we are not a world class side like Melbourne or Penrith. Those sides are just out of our reach at the minute but we are not in the same category as those who finished 9-17. Not a chance.

island pro

Juniors

I’ll probably be howled down but I see it as a great move. Nicho is done. He needs a fresh start. Ben is an absolute pro, still has plenty to offer and lives locally.
I know the numbers don’t mean all that much, but my only hesitation there is continuing to play with two “halfbacks”.

Still, I’d take it.

Kind of wish we held on to Metcalfe.

fizman

Bench

I don’t think you would be howled down at all Mate, the Origin Ben Hunt would have won that game for Cronulla last night.

Nicho is cooked, if we can get him off the books I would be all for it.

Surely

Post Whore
We are a good side, just below the top 2, but we are short 2 quality spine players. Melbourne have 4 panthers 3.

We have zero at the moment, the ones we have are all good players but not game breakers.

Alas apparently we have salary cap pressure, f**k knows how.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
If only he wasn’t the absolute face of the sharks. There is no way no how he doesn’t see out all of this contract. He either needs to get good or we need to get used to it

SadShark

Bench
If only he wasn’t the absolute face of the sharks. There is no way no how he doesn’t see out all of this contract. He either needs to get good or we need to get used to it
Nah man. Let him pick up another 12-week injury while walking to his car from the training ground or whatever the fahrk injury they wanna make up.

Then, he can “come back to form” for 14-weeks in Newtown. Great bloke. Awesome human. Shyte footballer.

carinashark

First Grade
It feels like we are pre 2016 again.. not ruthless and just happy to be there or there abouts.. we did enough to jag a win tonight. Every time we earned an opportunity, we blew it through a shit error or a third tackle panic kick.

penrith were probably a bit off tonight, but having watched them and the storm both live, I think the storm will get them.
Disagree. We tackled very hard and forced mistakes and hurried play by the Panthers. We ran hard and were unlucky with the outcome of some of our 5th tackle kicks.We have plenty to be proud of. A more reflective score would have been 26-14. Agree on the Storm . Should be a great GF.

Avenger

Immortal
We are a good side, just below the top 2, but we are short 2 quality spine players. Melbourne have 4 panthers 3.

We have zero at the moment, the ones we have are all good players but not game breakers.

Alas apparently we have salary cap pressure, f**k knows how.
Loved you guys during your run in 2016. No nonsense, hard edged and beat a great Storm team to capture your first premiership.

Since then you have been an insipid pretender constantly given easy draws because you simply don’t rate besides an immediate area that I myself love living in.

You guys need to get rid of your 7 and give Trindall the keys to the team. I’d be using the money saved with Nico to buy a bunch of hard nosed props and quick centre and start to overhaul your team. Maybe even do the right thing and entice Flanno back home.

My observations as an outsider.

PS - Yes I know Parra have been shit but I still think we are closer to jagging our next comp than you guys.

All the best, Gentlemen.

fizman

Bench
Dunno how much of Ben hunt you guys have watched….the idea of Ben hunt is a lot better then What you get

360 has killled your brains
That’s why I mentioned Origin Bent Hunt and not St George Ben Hunt.

All I would want from him is Leadership and to control the game.

He was a Sharks supporter growing up so I love the storyline of Ben Hunt being the first real Halfback to win a competition with Cronulla.

sladden road

Juniors
We know that something is missing.
As Semen K mentioned elsewhere, AFB is not the answer.
Internal development is the new game with expansion.
It’s on Nico. He has to be the man. The cap demands that.
I remember when we resigned him. I was pretty confident with that.
Now, I am not so sure.
He needs to play like Ponga who, to be fair, I thought was overpaid. He is not. He’s a gun.
If Ponga played for us last night, we win by 10.
Watching Violet last night was like putting my balls on a cheese grater and edging for 80
Minutes.
Painful.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Also for those wanting Ben Hunt.
That's fine,take him,just give us atkinson in return and we will sign da ting

Latest posts