What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Panthers

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Kick it Farkin into touch as far as possible.
Slow the game down, Pennies were so fast on the play the ball…..kick the air out of the steeden and walk to the scrum. Everyone breathe and let the ref blow time off.
On the fourth.
Nicos game mangement is, unfortunately , still way off..
We were never going to win a ball in play shoot out with that outfit. At that output.

Game
Management .
We still lack it. Tempo, tempo, tempo and the pennies are the best at it.
Think it's more of a case that Nicho's game management is shithouse when we're getting belted in the forwards. We were making 20-30 meters in most of those sets. His game management has been fine the previous 7 weeks.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Think it's more of a case that Nicho's game management is shithouse when we're getting belted in the forwards. We were making 20-30 meters in most of those sets. His game management has been fine the previous 7 weeks.
Then Nicho needs to learn to ski uphill.

I don't think we had a single momentum shift yesterday until the 78th minute. Nicho Might want to own that a bit as if you're not going forwards through the pigs the next weapon to get momentum is kick, chase and belt the snorkels with the ball to get an error if possible. Rinse and repeat.

Then Nicho needs to learn to ski uphill.

I don't think we had a single momentum shift yesterday until the 78th minute. Nicho Might want to own that a bit as if you're not going forwards through the pigs the next weapon to get momentum is kick, chase and belt the snorkels with the ball to get an error if possible. Rinse and repeat.
Totally agree that's why Brailey should jumped in at some stage kick from dummy half need to mix it up

shadowboxer

First Grade
The only thing I would question was the fact that we waited so long to bring Sofa into the game. Think if he'd come on as first interchange he might have given us a bit of mongrel. Wouldn't have won the game but might have helped a little. Also think there's been a bit of over-reaction to the Pennies fans input...think most of it was constructive criticism rather than trolling...as opposed to the mighty midget (Duh soup) who gets pleasure from seeing us get smashed. Must have been a tough couple of months for that freak.
Agree with Sifa - funny how in my mind I was clutching at straws when thinking once the bench comes on the tide might turn.. no such luck.
And to the random long haired Penrith fan at the SW corner, yeah the one in the lady’s baseball cap and slacks, you’re lucky our fans are such good sports. You carry on like that out at your spiritual home, you’d leave in a body bag. I’ll wrap one large sharks fan, he looked ready to rip the blokes head off, but relented. Well done good sir

Chimp

Bench
Just one of those nights, they did to us, what we’ve been doing to others. Strangled us, and we crumpled. We’ll hopefully be better for it in the long term.
The big disappointment for me was that we didn’t react to what was happening. They were very good in defensive contact, their work on the ground to slow us down was very clear - yet we stuck to 1 out rugby, send 1 runner in, no deception, no options, just send 1 man in to get dominated and slowed down to a snails pace, allowing their line to be set early and ready for more line speed and contact.
Then our last tackle options were terrible - it was clear they were getting to Nicho, but he didn’t bother to stand any deeper, Brailey didn’t kick.
We had to recognise ‘1 off the ruck’ wasn’t working, and move to plan B - but it appears we didn’t have a plan B.

Kilkenny

Coach
My wife and I didn’t go to the game, our age and health related issues, don’t enable us to sit on a hill or lesser seats. Seven other much younger family members did, I haven’t spoken to them yet, I’m sure they enjoyed the day. No smug about them, just salt of the earth people, wouldn’t offend anybody. The result on this occasion went our way, we played well, I’m not sure there was much your side could have done to stem the tide, on the day. I wouldn’t read much into it, you don’t go 10-1, without doing something right. It’s how you respond that it the important thing, how you respond to such a loss.

dinghydi

Juniors
There have been some of the best Game analyses I've seen for a while on here. I think the coach has enough noose(newse ?)( Fake News????? ) to take a lot out of that game . I think a lot of the players do too. I particularly like BBBS take on things . I hope he's right anyway .

Oh and nice post by Kilkenny ... Goes to show us old farts still got CLASS no matter where we from or who we support !

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
My wife and I didn’t go to the game, our age and health related issues, don’t enable us to sit on a hill or lesser seats. Seven other much younger family members did, I haven’t spoken to them yet, I’m sure they enjoyed the day. No smug about them, just salt of the earth people, wouldn’t offend anybody. The result on this occasion went our way, we played well, I’m not sure there was much your side could have done to stem the tide, on the day. I wouldn’t read much into it, you don’t go 10-1, without doing something right. It’s how you respond that it the important thing, how you respond to such a loss.
Yep spot on old mate...not sure if people on here were expecting to go through the season undefeated after winning 7 straight. We were schooled from the get go by a very well drilled side. Like you said...it's what happens this next few weeks that will determine whether we're a serious contender or just making up the numbers. Look forward to meeting you guys in the semis and being competitive at the very least on that occasion.

carinashark

First Grade
This Panthers system will dominate the comp for years. Our defence did the best it could against an awesome line speed , player skill set and rock hard defence. Panthers would have put 110 points on Flannos St Gerorge so ……move on I guess. I thought our guys gave all they had ,tough as and never stopped.
We will plenty of games this year.

dinghydi

Juniors
I saw an interview with Preston Campbell Before the Game and was wondering what Some others thought about it .if significant or not.
In it He said he had been in huddle with Sharks side before the game and they were focussing on their bonding as teammates . This is Minutes before the game . I absolutely believe the Bonding sessions are critical to this Sport but would think if its before a game you are REALLY focused on winning , you would be past that and getting down to mental preparing for tough physical battle and individual assignments ahead . I thought maybe coaching staff knew Sharks needed a lesson without breaking their spirit ,or something like that .
Anyway probably poor wording but interested for anyones opinions who saw the Preston Campbell Interview . I don't think Sharks went into game fully focussed on the contest at hand

Jimmy O

Juniors
We were out enthused. Panthers came out absolutely firing which caused a rare Katoa error. This set the mood.

I remember when I was 6 years old, I was a decent goal keeper with Fast reflexes, our main team keeper couldn’t play so they stuck me in there, I missed one goal and my mind went racing after that, I was off my game and so worried about not saving the next goal that every ball flew past me, even through my legs! 6 - 0 we lost that day.

Watching the sharks play on Saturday night reminded me of this day. We were off our game, not the season.

dinghydi

Juniors
I saw an interview with Preston Campbell Before the Game and was wondering what Some others thought about it .if significant or not.
In it He said he had been in huddle with Sharks side before the game and they were focussing on their bonding as teammates . This is Minutes before the game . I absolutely believe the Bonding sessions are critical to this Sport but would think if its before a game you are REALLY focused on winning , you would be past that and getting down to mental preparing for tough physical battle and individual assignments ahead . I thought maybe coaching staff knew Sharks needed a lesson without breaking their spirit ,or something like that .
Anyway probably poor wording but interested for anyones opinions who saw the Preston Campbell Interview . I don't think Sharks went into game fully focussed on the contest at hand
Oh and maybe coaching staff were not so concerned about teams focus on that game as they were on team being ready for next time they meet.

dinghydi

Juniors
This Panthers system will dominate the comp for years. Our defence did the best it could against an awesome line speed , player skill set and rock hard defence. Panthers would have put 110 points on Flannos St Gerorge so ……move on I guess. I thought our guys gave all they had ,tough as and never stopped.
We will plenty of games this year.
They are good .. No doubt . But not unbeatable . NO WAY! We learn ! they get arrogant or complacent or both . As in they don't improve and don't think they need to . We get BETTER!

Reactions: PJ

dinghydi

Juniors
We were out enthused. Panthers came out absolutely firing which caused a rare Katoa error. This set the mood.

I remember when I was 6 years old, I was a decent goal keeper with Fast reflexes, our main team keeper couldn’t play so they stuck me in there, I missed one goal and my mind went racing after that, I was off my game and so worried about not saving the next goal that every ball flew past me, even through my legs! 6 - 0 we lost that day.

Watching the sharks play on Saturday night reminded me of this day. We were off our game, not the season.
You were an early learner . At 6 I still didn't understand what my doodle was for .!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Nothing funnier on the soccer field than seeing a goalkeeper get nutmegged.... guessing it wasn't funny as a kid tho.

Latest posts