What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs The Filthy Queens.

Frenzy.

Immortal
This x 100.

For the first FG attempt, I was screaming at Chad to give himself more room, he needed to get back another 5m. It was so predictable, like watching a train wreck in slow motion - sure enough, it got charged down. At least he'll learn to get further back if there's another attempt, I foolishly thought.

Did Chad learn from his mistake at all ?
Nope, exactly the same on his second attempt, same result.
How embarrassing for any NRL halfback - he should be dropped for that alone.

Then there's his dropped balls & turnovers, the pathetic kick where he fumbled it onto his boot etc
It was Peak Chad, a lowlight reel that was one of his best.

FFS as per the "Stones" thread - just drop him now and let us all start to heal !!!

Also wrong, wrong, wrong.

R-15-3

Juniors
You're only looking at the subject that suits your agenda. Chad.

The whole field goal set up was fugged. There was no kick protection on any of the attempts until the one he kicked when they all started thinking a bit. This includes the Dragons attempts.

Chad may well have been able to position himself better but there was no kicker protection

On the first attempt Tolman stood like a statue and let Alvaro charge through to create pressure. He played the ball, he only needed a step to the right like they all do to close Alvaros passage. Williams turned his back on Alvaro. This in turn would have rushed the kicker who may not even seen McCullogh coming outside Alvaro. McCullogh had a clear passage on the charge down.

The second was just as lazy from the forwards

This is not a Chad defence. It's an objective view of the whole team setup and execution of setting up for a FG.

Teams train for this. They plan, prepare, practice. All they have to do is execute and commit.

It's not rocket science, but it's not easy either
I stand corrected it was zero protection, wrong on the agenda tho just calling out consistently shit plays by our Half. I am starting to get a clue where your info comes from tho, we have Morris mum do we have a 2nd in here 2?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I stand corrected it was zero protection, wrong on the agenda tho just calling out consistently shit plays by our Half. I am starting to get a clue where your info comes from tho, we have Morris mum do we have a 2nd in here 2?

Don't be a bandwagon Hopper R-15. You have more potential than that. There were hundreds of shit plays from Sharks players in that game and every other week. Chad only makes half of them :)

Frenzy.

Immortal

No, I'm not Chad's mum. In fact I don't give a rat's arse if he's dropped, is leaving, plays dominos in his spare time or keeps gerbils in his garage.

I just get pissed off with the lack of objectivity displayed by Sharks fans. Even I said Felix played well. Once.

No, I'm not Chad's mum. In fact I don't give a rat's arse if he's dropped, is leaving, plays dominos in his spare time or keeps gerbils in his garage.

I just get pissed off with the lack of objectivity displayed by Sharks fans. Even I said Felix played well. Once.
Wouldn't have been playing fullback, that's for sure.

Quicksilver

Bench
You're only looking at the subject that suits your agenda. Chad.

The whole field goal set up was fugged. There was no kick protection on any of the attempts until the one he kicked when they all started thinking a bit. This includes the Dragons attempts.

Chad may well have been able to position himself better but there was no kicker protection

On the first attempt Tolman stood like a statue and let Alvaro charge through to create pressure. He played the ball, he only needed a step to the right like they all do to close Alvaros passage. Williams turned his back on Alvaro. This in turn would have rushed the kicker who may not even seen McCullogh coming outside Alvaro. McCullogh had a clear passage on the charge down.

The second was just as lazy from the forwards

This is not a Chad defence. It's an objective view of the whole team setup and execution of setting up for a FG.

Teams train for this. They plan, prepare, practice. All they have to do is execute and commit.

It's not rocket science, but it's not easy either

I swear this has been an issue for us for years. We never seem to give ourselves enough time or space for a field goal. Shit set up with field position, shit block and the kicker too far forward. It really shouldn’t be difficult. A few hit ups and a pass back ten metres.

SKIBUR

Juniors
He was too shallow on the first two. He's lucky the drags actually gave up on the third one
Brailey dummied to the front line which forced the defence to check their run. Not sure if it was on purpose or indecision, however it worked.

bluefox68

Staff member
D
I swear this has been an issue for us for years. We never seem to give ourselves enough time or space for a field goal. Shit set up with field position, shit block and the kicker too far forward. It really shouldn’t be difficult. A few hit ups and a pass back ten metres.

I happened to catch Phil Gould commenting that the last Sharks field goal before Chaddy’s was Gal’s at Leichhardt Oval...