What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs the knights

BankstownDragon

Juniors
100% Accurate...We will never have the consistency and the ruthless edge needed to win a Comp with the current coach. It's obvious for all to see. Teams like the Storm/Sharks would never be allowed to dish this up on a regular basis. FACT.

Not obvious for all to see.

Some still rate this 3rd rate "coach".

monsterkev

Juniors
Get used to this we have two more years of it
Even Ben hunt can't save this shit club
We should now be classed as the worst team in the nrl
Can't beat the last placed team
Ha,ha

thebigredv

First Grade
McInnes got outplayed by his opposite badly.

Probably his worst game for us. McCrone was just McCrone. We're not going anywhere with him at half. Wingers too slow as well.

Teams with speed will be all over us.

I know we are a fickle bunch of supporters, I don't refute that, but to me its time for McInnes to go to the reggies for a spell. a real weak link in our last 3 months. And McCrone was just McCrone.

St Tangles

Bench
I know we are a fickle bunch of supporters, I don't refute that, but to me its time for McCinnes to go to the reggies for a spell. a real weak link in our last 3 months. And McCrone was just McCrone.
He played ordinary today.
Has been good this year.
Needs to add some variety to his game.

getsmarty

Immortal
Mary doesn't tell McCronecto throw it forward or Lafai to flick pass or McDonald to pass to Dufty. Just dumb play. We dominated otherwise which shows Plan A was working but no one stood up to take control. It's where Widdop needs to earn his $$ and didn't. It's the Knights ffs.

Yes but Good coaches get the message out to the players. We have played Newcastle Twice. They will more than likely end up wooden spooners or close to. We beat them by 2 points last time and they beat us by 7 . In both games we were poor. The coach needs to accept some of the blame and make adjustments during the game. That's what good coaches do. Unfortunately we don't have one.

JDHD

Juniors
Every single member of the backline made at least one handling error. McInnes had two at crucial times. The bench forwards all made at least one error each and made less than 70 metres each.

The starting forward pack, meanwhile, made over 1000 metres (JDB alone made almost 200), didn't make a single handling error, all made over 30 tackles and busted 10 tackles and only missed 7 tackles between them.

The point is, if I'm Vaughan, JDB, Ah Mau, Frizell or Thompson, I'm absolutely filthy on the backline and bench right now.

hewi

Bench
McInnes passing from dummy half was very slow. Moving on to 2018, will it be any different? I don't think so even with Hunt. Today , it was shit or get off the pot time. Stand up get in the 8, everything to,play for and what happened? They should hang their heads in shame. I bet Dugan is glad he's on his bike and out of there.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes but Good coaches get the message out to the players. We have played Newcastle Twice. They will more than likely end up wooden spooners or close to. We beat them by 2 points last time and they beat us by 7 . In both games we were poor. The coach needs to accept some of the blame and make adjustments during the game. That's what good coaches do. Unfortunately we don't have one.
Well it just confirms we are a dumb side from coach to some of the players. Not good enough

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Don't blame the refs, as mentioned above it was the knights we were playing. We were out coached. Our coach couldn't get his dick up.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I wouldn't say we played well but to be honest EVERY call went their way incl the two no tries.
I feel that if we had of hit the lead we would of skipped away.
It was never going to be an easy game as Newcastle have been unlucky in their last few games. I think they thought they would eventually win and as the clock started to wind down for
some reason we seemed nervous.
I thought Dufty did enough to hold his spot, Dugan tried hard as usual and Vaughn.
Widdop needs Hunt to create space.
McCrone has to go!!!!!!!!!!

rasaint

Juniors
There is a lot of emotional comments and I understand that.

Last week was our day. The kicks went up and dropped for us. Passes stuck and it was our home ground so calls probably ran for us.

The Knights have been big improvers in recent games and today was their day. They scored off a couple of kicks like we did last week. The last Knights try was a dropped ball but went backwards and as luck had it a forward hanging round picked it up and fell over the line.

Today the refs allowed a lot of shallow 10 metres, marking and holding and laying and reacted positively for the Knights in the 'milking' situations. I wish we just pretended to knock on and pass to defenders on the ground also. The no try against Tim Lafai was a very poor decision from Badger and then the bunker when it was obviously a try. If ever there was evidence to overturn it was that one. Hodgkinson threw himself like a soccer player on the ground when Nene took off for his no try.

Simply saying good luck to Knights. Some days it simply doesn't run for you.

getsmarty

Immortal
Well it just confirms we are a dumb side from coach to some of the players. Not good enough

I think it goes deeper. We lack the killer instinct...When Bennett came we got it...we have gone so far backwards its not funny. The Teams that contend for the title can play badly but somehow still jag a win....eg Storm/sharks...We are so far away from this and it comes down to coaching I.M.H.O.

I know we are a fickle bunch of supporters, I don't refute that, but to me its time for McInnes to go to the reggies for a spell. a real weak link in our last 3 months. And McCrone was just McCrone.
We turned over the ball all day and completed at 62%
McInnes made 66 tackles and apart from one knock on, was solid from dummy half.
He is not our problem by a long shot.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We were torn a new one by the officials but it can't be a scape goat for that performance. With it all on the line some of them did not turn up.
Costly errors by the same offenders in our side week in week out. There is no point naming them,we all know who they are. We don't deserve to make the 8 after playing like that. Im gutted and think we're cooked from here. Even if we make it,who are we kidding. Seriously.....

Latest posts