What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs The Stroms in the finals race

Poss

Juniors
I am a million miles away from a first grade footballer. But I don’t think I would ever fail to find touch in that position. How does any first grader, let alone a marquee million dollar player, shank a kick like that? How?

DJDL

First Grade
Sadly we’re just not at the top level. Too many moments given, too many moments not taken…

I've had this ringing in my ears all game.
I think it was Cooper Cronk talking earlier in the week about how Bellamy drills into the Storm players that "every moment is important". Basically win every moment and you win.

Us?
So many times we just don't ice it.
Toby early on when the ball bounced back to us on the last and we made a break - two or three outside him and he goes himself and dies with the pill.
Moment lost.

Playing a short side on the last, Iro getting trapped, throwing it out anywhere then panic passing to "anyone but me" until Nicho is caught on our 40.
Moment lost.

Finally earning a penalty after being under the pump then shanking the kick and failing to find touch.
Moment lost.

Getting our first try, putting together a good set from the kick off, and kicking deep into Melbourne's territory.
Then being lazy on the chase and Coates runs 40 metres up field.
Moment lost.

I could go on, but it's a common theme and has been for years.

Not a ruthless bone among them.

eddiesmith

Juniors
We were always massive underdogs, but that’s the 2nd time in 3 weeks our opposition has not given away a single penalty or ruck infringement in the second half of a game, that’s amazing discipline…

The fact was all game we were on the back foot, they made 10m+ every tackle and yet when we had we were tackled immediately, must be super quick Storm players to run 10m in half a second…Not to mention they made an extra 3-5m every play the ball and were pulled up once…

I am a million miles away from a first grade footballer. But I don’t think I would ever fail to find touch in that position. How does any first grader, let alone a marquee million dollar player, shank a kick like that? How?
He's a better looking Greg Norman. At least the shark won a couple of British opens though

DJDL

First Grade

That's the one that did it for me.

Would Cleary every do that?
Moses?
Hughes or Munster?

You want the paycheck and the adulation?
How's about earning and icing those moments.

I could forgive him if it was a one off, but it's far from it.
I've lost count of the number of times he's done it.

To do it in a game of this importance is nigh on unforgivable.

R-15-3

Bench
Kicking into the wind, so he tried to kick it hard and didn’t time it.
All our first half kicks where terrible all the bombs landing well short, no floaters, no kicks landing close to the side line. Melbourne starting sets 30+ meter out.

roboshark

Coach
I've had this ringing in my ears all game.
I think it was Cooper Cronk talking earlier in the week about how Bellamy drills into the Storm players that "every moment is important". Basically win every moment and you win.

Us?
So many times we just don't ice it.
Toby early on when the ball bounced back to us on the last and we made a break - two or three outside him and he goes himself and dies with the pill.
Moment lost.

Playing a short side on the last, Iro getting trapped, throwing it out anywhere then panic passing to "anyone but me" until Nicho is caught on our 40.
Moment lost.

Finally earning a penalty after being under the pump then shanking the kick and failing to find touch.
Moment lost.

Getting our first try, putting together a good set from the kick off, and kicking deep into Melbourne's territory.
Then being lazy on the chase and Coates runs 40 metres up field.
Moment lost.

I could go on, but it's a common theme and has been for years.

Not a ruthless bone among them.
Same tema next year basically

Surely

Post Whore
Sorry nicho ain't no half, tough times for fitzy , and our wingers were molested under the high ball.

That about covers it I think