What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs The Stroms in the finals race

Mako-Ver

Juniors
Great post - makes alot of sense and made reading the game day thread somewhat bearable.
Whether you like it or not, Melbourne were outstanding and we were sub par. Blame the refs, blame Nicos hair, Blame Ronnie, Blame Williams, blame blame blame.
We just ain’t as good as them or Penrith.
Disagree. The difference between our team & theirs , is the coach makes decisions for the club team that can be viewed as ruthless & never answers questions to anybodya, as to why, unless he is sending a clear message to his player. eg. He needs to improve. He needs to remove the errors from the game. Plenty of good players have been moved on by the Storm over the years, that obviously never learned, never improved. In our case, those players are Hynes & Williams.

Quicksilver

Bench
It's turned into the Cam Smith days again.

It absolutely stinks.

I cannot fathom why their challenge won.

I do not know why there is a different definition for a high tackle for both teams.

I do not know why they are constantly allowed to walk past the marker and play the ball.

I do not know why they were allowed to push our player back another 10m after a held call, without the ref asking for the ball to be played on the mark.

I do not know why they are allowed to be offside (one absolutely ridiculous example where we got a view of the whole field and the storm had several players at least 3m offside. And the play went that way. )

I don't care what anyone says, this stuff influences games. If they are as good as everyone says they do not need these leg ups.

eddiesmith

Juniors
The worst thing about the bunker intervening is they’re supposed to only intervene if it’s reportable, I think they laid a false report on the day which surprise surprise is thrown out by the judiciary…

Mako-Ver

Juniors
It's turned into the Cam Smith days again.

It absolutely stinks.

I cannot fathom why their challenge won.

I do not know why there is a different definition for a high tackle for both teams.

I do not know why they are constantly allowed to walk past the marker and play the ball.

I do not know why they were allowed to push our player back another 10m after a held call, without the ref asking for the ball to be played on the mark.

I do not know why they are allowed to be offside (one absolutely ridiculous example where we got a view of the whole field and the storm had several players at least 3m offside. And the play went that way. )

I don't care what anyone says, this stuff influences games. If they are as good as everyone says they do not need these leg ups.
That offside was called by the commentary the entire line was offside & the referee blamed the slow play the ball. On the 5th tackle.

Quicksilver

Bench
That offside was called by the commentary the entire line was offside & the referee blamed the slow play the ball. On the 5th tackle.

Well, sorry but you're not meant to move until the ball is played. the onus is on the defender. And as usual, I think there was a bit of storm funny buggery that made it slow

This tendency to just to make up shit is why they have zero credibility.

Quicksilver

Bench
And, if you don't have to wait for the play the ball, next time Harry Grant or the like, decide they are going to wait for the bunker to look at something, feel free to just move up 9 metres...