What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day vs western suburbs magpies

Just here to commiserate for JC. I can’t imagine how messed up he is right now.

Hope from here on in he stays injury free. He deserves it.
We have two potential gun players JC and KD, and basically no football out of them in 2023 and 2024.
And both will start behind in 2025

Chimp

Bench
Good performance against weak opposition.

Back 5 ran hard and took their chances. Spine ran the show. Brailey took the game on. Tricky and DA combined well. Executed with precision. Forwards got the job done. Won the physical contest.
Sums it up well for me.

was great to see Brailey run, and engage the markers, let’s see if he can keep it up.

Tigers were woeful though.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah was only the Tigers but good energy and good signs overall. Adding 50 to the F/A may be crucial at end of season too. While we have the bye next week...Storm play the Rorters and Pennies play the Fins. Also...feel for JC...poor merkin can't take a trick.

Last edited:
Bunji was not happy, Siteni is leaving he dosent care.
Klemmer was told they didn't want.
Seyfarth he actually went ok till head knock.
They have quality spine next season but no go forward

PJ

First Grade
What a difference when the forwards aren't just running one out solo with no support but instead there are players running with them and some worries for defenders.

Chimp

Bench
What a difference when the forwards aren't just running one out solo with no support but instead there are players running with them and some worries for defenders.
A big difference was Blayke sometimes taking 2 or 3 steps before passing, meaning the markers had to hold, and the A and B defender couldn’t just shoot.

Bunji was not happy, Siteni is leaving he dosent care.
Klemmer was told they didn't want.
Seyfarth he actually went ok till head knock.
They have quality spine next season but no go forward
I’ve said before, I like Sayfarth - a bit like Hetherington, wouldn’t be a walk-up to our 17, but is a goer, and has a bit of mad man about him. Something we miss.
I’d love to have a player on the squad who is expendable, so we can afford for them to get a ban or 2 - that way, when we play a team with a gun forward, or a Reece Walsh, you send them out with the sole intention of taking them on physically, without too much of worry if they over step the mark and end up banned.

A big difference was Blayke sometimes taking 2 or 3 steps before passing, meaning the markers had to hold, and the A and B defender couldn’t just shoot.

I’ve said before, I like Sayfarth - a bit like Hetherington, wouldn’t be a walk-up to our 17, but is a goer, and has a bit of mad man about him. Something we miss.
I’d love to have a player on the squad who is expendable, so we can afford for them to get a ban or 2 - that way, when we play a team with a gun forward, or a Reece Walsh, you send them out with the sole intention of taking them on physically, without too much of worry if they over step the mark and end up banned.
He would be handy replacement if we lost Hunt

shadowboxer

First Grade
After being interstate, finally watched the game.
Good signs but really the score line didn’t seem to reflect the game. We were piss poor at times, but Tigers were dismal. Atrocious.
My only real call out is that Ronnie is the biggest knob this side of knob town for his antics, but on the flipper Jesse C must be one of the unluckiest players in recent times.
Great young player, great background and just puts in - his efforts for Newtown prior were solid. Goes about his business getting back to top of the pops but has another setback. But his character of the glass half full will bring him back better and stronger in character and player.

bluefox68

Staff member
Just watched the Kayo Mini (for the 3rd time)…

Mulitalo’s long-range try came about because he took advantage of a staggered kick / chase from the Tigers back-rower. You could tell he was gassed 10 seconds before the break happened. This is why coaches rabbit on about effective kick / chase and a connected defensive line.

Latest posts