What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

game day

PRKLCD

Juniors
Hi all,

I am a raiders fan coming up for game one of the season. Been to Newcastle a few times but never to the footy.

Just wondering what the deal is for transport on game day? is there a bus you can get from the city to the game? is parking at the stadium a nightmare?

good luck to you guys for the season :p

MSKnight

Juniors
From the time I went Parking isnt a problem unless they have changed it since I have been. Heaps of room...

I personally would recomend train to Broadmedow. But bus may be cheaper.

Perhaps the raiders website could have some transport information for you.

*Edit* do you mean the Newcastle 'City' or Sydney 'City'

There should be easy transport for the game.

roopy

Referee
Parking isn't that bad, but you can get stuck in the carpark for an hour after the game because there are limited exits.
Broadmeadow station is a five minute walk from the ground if you go public transport as someone said, and you have to pass Maca's and Anchors seafood on the way - or a great little pie shop opposite the ground - so getting a feed either going or coming is doable.

Tams

Juniors
As you guys know, I'm a Knights fan living in Canberra. We normally stay at the Executive Inn when we come up and walk to the game, but this year we couldn't get in. We're staying at the Quality Hotel in Charlestown, what's the best way for us to get to the stadium? There's 6 of us this time instead of 2 so one car isn't going to work. We were thinking a Maxi Taxi but I was worried about the drop-off. Cheers!

Pumba

First Grade
PRKLCD & Tams hope this helps you plan a little better.

From the Knights Website

Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders

Date: Saturday, March 15, 2008
Gates open:
3.10pm for members and season ticket holders;
3.25pm for the general public
Games:
- Central Knights v Balmain Ryde 3.40pm
- Toyota Cup (NYC) Knights v Raiders 5.30pm
- First Grade Knights v Raiders 7.30pm

Ticket Prices: Click here

Ticket Outlets:
- Knights Kingdom, EnergyAustralia Stadium
- PROticket agencies
- Buy online at proticket.com.au
- Phone charge on 4941 8282

Gate Sales: General admission and seated tickets available from all stadium entrances and Knights Kingdom at EnergyAustralia Stadium. Subject to availability. Patrons are advised to purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.

Ticket Collection: Pre-purchased tickets can be collected from the Knights Kingdom Supporters Store at EnergyAustralia Stadium (open 9.00am on match day).

Merchandise: Available from the Knights Kingdom and merchandise outlets inside the stadium.

Parking: The stadium car park is reserved for corporate patrons until one hour before the main game. Remaining parking, if any, will be available to the general public from this point for $5.

Stadium information: For amenities and directions to the stadium click here.

Bicey_18

Bench
What I usually do is park at Broadmeadow Maccas and just walk to the stadium.. not a long walk really..

Have something to eat when you get back and there is usually next to no traffic when you leave

The maxi taxi would be the best bet. If he drops you off across the road from the main gate, it's a pretty simple job to cross at the lights. traffic is pretty congested getting to the game but not impossible.
Getting picked up might be a little harder, & you're probably better off arranging the pick up from Wests (or some other watering hole) well after the game.

Latest posts