What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game in Whangarei

Skinner

Coach
Good to see that guys like Willie are getting a run and are in the frame.

I certainly don't envy Ivan and Tony.....just hope they choose wisely

Thanks for the report Oz

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Wasnt impressed with Inu.

2nd half saw a heap of last years under 20's play. Sam Lousi is an awesome talent, same Gavat.

I sh*t myself that Inu makes the 1st round team, I really do. Sorry to sound like a broken record but this guy is not our best right winger, nor is he a centre.

Sam Lousi, is he a first-grader in the next 2-3 years? He looked too cumbersome, too slow to me in 20s. He bounced a lot of teenagers around but never thought he had the pace or defence to make an NRL player.

Gavet, I like. Looks fit this year.

Skinner

Coach
I sh*t myself that Inu makes the 1st round team, I really do. Sorry to sound like a broken record but this guy is not our best right winger, nor is he a centre.

Sam Lousi, is he a first-grader in the next 2-3 years? He looked too cumbersome, too slow to me in 20s. He bounced a lot of teenagers around but never thought he had the pace or defence to make an NRL player.

Gavet, I like. Looks fit this year.

I think that I'm going to give the guy a chance

Rich102

Staff member
I think the kid is a huge talent.
He is still very young, and a big unit.
He hits hard and gets some great balls away.
Rarely gets flustered.
With the right mentor (J Ackland?)he could go a long way.

Micistm

Bench
Inu really worries me, although its hard to gauge properly until the season starts for real. I got this horrible feeling he's gonna be one big waste of cap. Hope he proves me wrong.

ozbash

Referee
he (Inu) looks like he should take a crossword or wordfind book out with him.

he seems to wait till it comes his way, wont go looking for it.

Sam Lousi is the next Ali Lauitiiti, just a whole heap bigger and stronger..

Micistm

Bench
he (Inu) looks like he should take a crossword or wordfind book out with him.

he seems to wait till it comes his way, wont go looking for it.

Yep, that's what Inu looked like in the Coast game. Very uninspiring. would have a go and join in if it came his way, but wasn't gonna go out of his way either. To me it's a massive worry, looks for all the world like a player who knows he gets paid either way.
There's plenty of good passionate young fellas to take his place, but he'll be an expensive drop!

ozbash

Referee
Sam Rapira had a scan on his wrist today. Results expected early next week, hopefully.

Didnt realise he'd hurt it till he woke this morning.

Heres hoping its ok.

Iafeta

Referee
I think that I'm going to give the guy a chance

I think that's the only fair thing to do. To write him off even before he runs a ball in anger in first grade is ridiculous stuff. The dude obviously posseses talent, it's the casual attitude I think that is somewhat of an issue. Perhaps being out of what would have been a comfortable environment and knowing whats competing against him for his spot will help him turn that talent into performance.

JAG

Juniors

Nice pics, Oz. Was a good day.

I thought I was a bit of a strange game, bit flat. Burleigh were never gonna score and we looked at least one class above them. All the changes didn't help the flow I suppose.

John and Maloney looked the goods (I had this dodgy bloke sitting right in front of me who was obviously a Maloney fan ;-)) and I was impressed with Berrigan.

Good to see some of the young uns getting a run and playing well.

Inu? Not convinced yet. Did bugger all for most of the game then scored a nice try. Don't know if we can put up with his low workload in the hope he'll pull something out of the fire every now and again. Have to wait and see I suppose.

Thing that struck me most was the number of penalties. They pinged every time there was an incorrect play the ball, there will be a shedload of penalties for it early in the season I reckon.

Funniest part of the day was Maloney being sent to the bin for 10 minutes in the 1st half. Apparently, there's no truth in the rumour it was for having an annoying voice!

Skinner

Coach
John and Maloney looked the goods (I had this dodgy bloke sitting right in front of me who was obviously a Maloney fan ;-))

Now.......I wonder..:lol:

Funniest part of the day was Maloney being sent to the bin for 10 minutes in the 1st half. Apparently, there's no truth in the rumour it was for having an annoying voice

:lol::lol:

ozbash

Referee
yea, Baloney got binned and the warriors replaced him. they had 13 on the field all game. That was a bit hard to figure out. He had a marvelous game though, combined beautifly with Issac John. :)

I think Billy Harrigan has told his refs to show the players who is boss. Good thing as long as they're consistent.

Micistm

Bench
I think that's the only fair thing to do. To write him off even before he runs a ball in anger in first grade is ridiculous stuff. The dude obviously posseses talent, it's the casual attitude I think that is somewhat of an issue. Perhaps being out of what would have been a comfortable environment and knowing whats competing against him for his spot will help him turn that talent into performance.

That's fair. Yes, it is the casual tude that makes him look a little going through the motions, but it may well be he really fires when the season comes around. I certainly hope so