What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of cards trumps player

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've never gotten a ticket.

And that's besides the point - he is a public figure. He has shame our club. He has damaged our club's integrity etc.

KevinArnold

Juniors
A similiar story happened to an NBA player. He was pulled over, had no license, but handed the officer a basktball card of himself instead :lol:

Utey

Coach
Comeon guys its not like he gave it to him instead of a licence. He tried to give the copper all the id he had on him.

Oh come on, lighten up guys.
These things happen :lol:
And to say he's damaged our clubs integrity is going a bit far don't you think? I mean, this time in 2 weeks who is likely to even remember this incident let alone give a sh*t?

parra pete

Referee
Eelementary said:
I've never gotten a ticket.

And that's besides the point - he is a public figure. He has shame our club. He has damaged our club's integrity etc.

Not as much as bringing Jamie Lyon back!!!!

Parra Guru

Coach
Yes, it's so funny that he ran a red light. Especially because he plays footy.

Would it be quite as funny if he caused an accident?

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
[/b]

Not as much as bringing Jamie Lyon back!!!!

bringing Jamie back, isn't breaking the law mate...what Fui done was silly and deserved the slap on the wrist.

Eelementary

Post Whore
queanbeyhole hindy fan said:
Oh come on, lighten up guys.
These things happen :lol:
And to say he's damaged our clubs integrity is going a bit far don't you think? I mean, this time in 2 weeks who is likely to even remember this incident let alone give a sh*t?

I will.

I expect public figures to act like the role models they are.

What kind of example is he setting by running a red light (OK, that happens) but then trying to get off by saying, "I play footy"?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Far as I'm concerned, the thing that saves Fui Fui is that he's a legend and everyone loves him (myself included by the way).

If it was Lyon who did so, there would be a thread dedicated entirely to how much of a dog Jamie is for doing it!

Matta

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I will.

I expect public figures to act like the role models they are.

What kind of example is he setting by running a red light (OK, that happens) but then trying to get off by saying, "I play footy"?

Hey, at least Fui wasn't drunk. Not half as bad as the actions of other 'role models' in our game.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eele: when you wake up tomorrow morning make sure you get up on the other side of the bed cause there is obviously something wrong with the way you got up this morning.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Fui also didn't try and say he was in New Zealand and had lent his car to a mate.

I guess by your reasoning Tim Smith is also a disgrace to the club

parra73

Juniors
Eelementary said:
What was he doing without a licence, anyway?

actually he produced a licence to kill, to kill oppositions forwards:lol: hence why he was on a mission to get to training or he will fail to complete the mission, but on a serious note he got what he deserved you just have to laugh at the circumstances in which it transpired into.

Matta

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Fui also didn't try and say he was in New Zealand and had lent his car to a mate.

I guess by your reasoning Tim Smith is also a disgrace to the club

Oh no, I was not implying Timmy at all. I was referring to the much worser cases (but thats a wholly different matter... don't want to get into that).

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
bringing Jamie back, isn't breaking the law mate...what Fui done was silly and deserved the slap on the wrist.

Sorry, I thought reneging on a legally binding contract WAS a breach of law.
Fui was fined $200, so it could not have been that serious. Parking fines are sometimes worth more than that.

Latest posts