What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of the Year

Packy

Bench
It was an ok game. Can understand why Broncs/Souths fans might think it was great though.

Big Pete

Referee
If I didn't go to the footy to watch my team win, I would have been thoroughly satisfied with what I'd seen.

Not the best standard of footy but still a lot of awesome-ness that doesn't get the respect it deserves. GI & the Burgess Bros. lived up to the billing and put forward some of the best performances they've had all year. Gillett had some flashes of absolute brilliance, not only was that try awesome but the work to set up the goal line drop out as well. I know Sheens will likely reward the incumbants but I know my interest in the ANZAC test match would improve greatly with a guy like him in the team, Bronco or not. Also thought the Broncos bench was cool too - drop ball aside, Hannant was the best forward in the first half and basically swung the game around on his own accord, Oates is a star of the future, Wallace is becoming a real handful and Granville is one of the best cameo players in the game. Seriously, he plays like 5 minutes if that, if you don't watch him, it's your loss. Cowboys should especially watch him given he'll likely be your next hooker - Green has a huge man crush on him because he won him back to back ISC premierships.

The only issue with the game was that it had to end on a controversial note. The game deserved better than to finish on a penalty goal but it is what it is.

It might not be the GotY, but if it isn't, then NRL in 2014 is pretty incredible.

Last edited:

mepelthwack

Juniors
The strip penalty was absolutely fine for mine. In any time in any game that would of been penalised. Those commentators are completely whack for what they said about it.

Even comp is a good thing, talent is more evenly distributed, putting it all in 2 or 3 sides doesn't change the amount of quality players overall.

oikee

Juniors
Game of the round by a long way. The bunnies nearly run out of head strapping for Sam Burgess.

The crowd was bigger than 44 thousand, more like 50 thousand. I could not see any empty seats on TV.

The Roosters was one team playing, Dragons did not turn up.

The Warriors Storm was pretty good,.
Wonder what today will hold. Super Saturday has big shoes to fill.

mxlegend99

Referee
Thought it was a deadset average game. Both teams were average for large periods of the game.

Souths should have won by 20.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Enjoyable game, certainly one of the best this year, which wouldn't be hard as imo it's been a relatively lacklustre season so far. Starting to pick up now though.

Latest posts