What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoulies

Bench
Has anybody else here been getting into this very awesome new HBO drama? It's based on a popular series of fantasy novels which I'm yet to read and it has pretty much catapulted itself into my top three favourite TV dramas on air at the moment.

Cast includes Sean Bean and the go-to dwarf of Hollywood, Peter Dinklage (the guy from Death at a Funeral), while the production values of the show are freaking impressive. The finale to season one just aired in America; I don't know if/when it'll be at our shores, but I'd recommend it to anyone who can somehow figure out a way to watch it...

HowHigh

Coach
I thought it was a good series, agree with the production values being impressive.
Not sure where its up to on TV but I downloaded the first season (10 episodes). It is a little slow moving at times but gives you enough to keep you hooked.
Second season got approved a couple episodes into it so thats a good thing!

elyod138

Bench
I've read the first two books, the first season of the show did a very good job adapting book one.

I've been a massive fan of Peter Dinklage since The Station Agent, it's good to see him getting wide appreciation.

Season two should be even better.

If The Wire were a fantasy show it would be Game of Thrones (not the same level of greatness, just the structure).

Parra Pride

Coach
I don't know if/when it'll be at our shores, but I'd recommend it to anyone who can somehow figure out a way to watch it...

Showcase started advertising for it a week or two ago, no date yet though.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I think it is going to be released here in mid-July? I remember seeing that somewhere, but it may be wrong.

This show is quite possibly one of the best i have seen, and extremely loyal to the books. I've read all of them, and if they keep it going one book per season, it will get a run til 2017.

If you have any doubts on this series, just watch it. It will dispel them within the hour. Even my old man is a massive fan, and he normally doesn't go for fantasy-sci fi type shows/movies.

PJ

First Grade
If the series runs until 2017 it will probably be complete before the book series.

Get off your @rse George and finish the damn books!

HowHigh

Coach
I guess I better not give any spoilers away then seeing as a few people haven't watched it yet lol

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It is outstanding. It is really faithful to the books as well. Obviously they had to cut out some stuff but its really great.

Parra

Referee
For readers of the books, how often do those 'whitewalkers' feature?

The last thing you want in this epic is spoilers.

The term "white walkers" is not used in the novels. They are referred to as "others" and series one makes viewers aware that there is a general consensus that the others are the stuff of legend, and no longer exist. There are a number of storylines to follow, and as the series is not finished yet there is a bit of conjecture about where things are headed. The others are involved in some of these storylines.

You have time before the second season to get stuck into the books.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If you have watched through to the end of series an event happens to signify that things are "changing" to back how it was a long time ago. So yeah the others will play a part but all that stuff takes a back seat at the moment. The next series is based on a Clash of Kings and will be pretty much be more of the same politicising.

The series is called a Song of Ice and Fire and the Ice part probably refers to the things in the North (or a person in the north)

Status
Not open for further replies.