What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game one: Canberra vs Manly

dubby

Bench
Chips said:
he dude....Manly have never been shy in taking lower grade Raiders players including Robbo, Monas, Williamson and Bryant. Our PL side is making up a decent portion of your first grade side.

And Jason Smith might be an old fart but he is better than any backline player you have :lol:

lets just hope Ben "Diver" Kennedy can rip ya into gear

You forgot to mention Kite; the $300k player who was "TNBT". Now he's just an average first grader! :lol:

lotti

Bench
thickos said:
Supporting Manly this week? :lol:

Manly's side doesn't fear me as much as I expected anyway. Sure a lot of the interest is regarding the two big signings but they're definitely a side we can handle IMO.

The past two times we've been to Brooky it's been 36-22 (2004) and 36-14 (2005). The worrying thing from both games is that we've been blown away in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Once again I expect a tight opening but at Brookvale we seem to be chasing a lot and I think (like the past few years) a few quick tries will kill us off.
this week and every week I'm a Manly fan, I'm also a Melbourne one and contrary to popular belief they are my only clubs.

effnic

Bench
thickos said:
MATCH-UPS
Lincoln Withers – Matt Orford
Playing in his 100th NRL match, Withers will be keen to continue the good form he showed in 2005. Set to share the number seven with Todd Carney and the number nine with Simon Woolford, Withers will be used as an attacking weapon this season. Orford will be out to prove he is worth the big money the Sea Eagles are paying him. Possessing a strong pass and kick game, the former Storm pivot will be the key to a Manly win on Saturday night.

Alan Tongue – Ben Kennedy
This shapes up to be the battle of the team work horses. Both Tongue and Kennedy love being involved in the game, with Tongue averaging 34.3 tackle and 8.9 hit ups in 2005, while Kennedy averaged a healthy 24.1 tackles and 15 hit ups last season.

Jason Croker – Steve Menzies
Both Croker and Menzies are the veteran players at their clubs, with a total of over 500 matches between them. Canberra looks to Croker as the backbone of the side, with his presence on the field sure to inspire the three rookies on Saturday. Menzies plays a similar role for Manly and is always the go to man when the Eagles need a try in a tough situation.
This has to be some crap from canberra times or something who in there right mind even bothers compairing alan tounge and bk or withers to orford definetly a gee up or a drunk writter from the canberra times.

Boing Boing

Juniors
effnic said:
This has to be some crap from canberra times or something who in there right mind even bothers compairing alan tounge and bk or withers to orford definetly a gee up or a drunk writter from the canberra times.

It's actually lifted straight off teh Raiders website. Do you really expect Raiders marketing to go out there and say "We're going to get walloped"? Really.

Leethal

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
notice how we made the finals and you guys were a shandy off the wooden spoon :lol: :lol:

And didn't you do a great job while you were there. Remind me again - what was the prize for coming eighth?

Tossbag.

Timbo

Staff member
Care to eat some words boys?

God it's good when you have a win like that! :mrgreen:

Chachi

Bench
Great win lads - beating those silvertails at home. Life is good. :D
I'm absolutely gutted about Miller though. :cry: This better not be 2005 all over again...

Bring on the Knights!

jed

First Grade
Timbo said:
Care to eat some words boys?

God it's good when you have a win like that! :mrgreen:

I think it's time... Let's go on a trip down memory lane.....

Mayor Quimby said:
Manly - 38
Raiders - 12

effnic said:
i think the raiders biggest losing margin is around 54 by parra. My guess is that is going to change come saturday. This is not a threat or a comment to bait you guys i will be actually putting a few dollars on a 50+ scorling to the mighty eagles just had a feeling when i looked at your lineup.

Onan the barbarian said:
I think Effnic is a bit overoptimistic. 30+ for me, can't see you guys beating us. I think some of you guys have been smoking too much Canberra green if you think you've got any hope :D .

Wittyfan was spot on the money though
wittyfan said:
Without a decent goalkicker, Manly won't score enough tries to win by 50.
Money unwisely spent.

Leethal

Juniors
We won't see any of the above in here for a long time. The only poster I've seen with the balls enough to come here and eat humble pie is Ozbash.

edabomb

First Grade
Poor start from Elliott trying to bring us down from the inside. Woolford also showed hes a much better hooker than Withers at this stage.

Sully

Juniors
JED...

Can't you block all these wanks from posting on the Raiders site.

It sh*tes all us fans.

We want to discuss important issues not go tit for tat with small minded 13yr old keyboard warriors.

shadow grinder

First Grade
congrats guys!

i like the raiders, but to tell you the truth i thought manly would win this game. im happy that you guys proved me wrong tho!!!

thickos

First Grade
effnic said:
There was no intent to bait you guys but you all must be a hungry bunch. And according to sports betting everywhere you guys are the last people to be saying our team i sfull of nuffies.
Canberra line up:
1. clinton
2. who
3. who
4. who
5. who the f**k
6. old fart
7. i think ive heard of him somewhere
8. who
9. woolford
10. who
11. are you guys serious who the f**k are these ppl
12. tongue (the guy that single handedly won us the game round 26)
13. that old nearly dead.

Seriously if we lose this we have problems.

So does this mean the score was

Canberra 27 (who, who, who the f**k, woolford tries, clinton 5 goals, who the f**k field goal) beat Manly 14?

Led all night too?

Nuffies with heart mate, that's all I'll say.

:lol:

jed

First Grade
thickos said:
So does this mean the score was

Canberra 27 (who, who, who the f**k, woolford tries, clinton 5 goals, who the f**k field goal) beat Manly 14?

Led all night too?

Nuffies with heart mate, that's all I'll say.

:lol:
Not quite all night, there was a 5 minute period at the start of the game (before we led all night) that the Manly team were still on 0 points, just like us :p

Latest posts