What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread: Round 18 v NZ - 2006 NRL Game of the Year - what a match!

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
How pumped am I for this game? It used to be like a local NZ game when we played, the number of bloody kiwis in our team!!! The balance has gotten a little easier but we've still got a lot of you buggers in the squad.

On the form of last week I'll say Dogs by 16. Then again, I'm bloody biased.

Wiki

Juniors
Timmah said:
:lol: Nope, I'll be at Telstra.

Who's the nong above who said Martin's about to overtake Hazem?

Hazem El Masri (CB) 14T 70G 196pts; G: 70/84 at 83.33%
Tony Martin (WA) 6T 60G 144pts; G: 60/80 at 75%

;-)

I'd swear there are more Warriors fans in this forum than 'Dogs at the moment... looks like they're believing their own lies too. Looks like poor Tony's gonna need to score every one of those 50 points Sheepies :lol:

Okay okay calm down. I apologise, that NONG would be ME!

:crazy:

I read the whole thing wrong off the Warriors website. Take a look:

Tony Martin, who scored 12 points in the win against Penrith, is now the NRL’s second highest points-scorer with 144, needing just six more points to join Hazem El Masri as the only other player to top 150 this season. He’s also poised to register the third highest individual points total in a season in the club’s history.

For some stupid reason I looked at that and took 12 out and then took to catch up to El Masri ...hahaha. My bad.

Apologies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:-s

There's been no reports to indicate as such. Shifty might not play this weekend but so far he seems fit, that leg gave him some grief against the Tigers but nothin there indicates he'll be out.

El Masri will be there.

Where do you get this crap from? A teenybopper on the Kennel?

Esoj

Juniors
jimmythehand said:
Give me maitua over faumuina any day.
Give me Myles over tuimavave any day
Give me Holdworth over Ropati any day
Give me O'Meley over Wiki any day
Give me Grimaldi over Fien any day
I'd rather Price than Asotasi

Bulldogs by 30

we shall see. I don't think the dogs will win by that much if they do even win

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Sherwin being out won't hurt as much as anyone would suggest.

I'm still not 100% impressed by his play this year. Its still very hit and miss.

He played well in the Tigers game (amongst a team that played well), but against the Storm he was pretty poor. For all he is doing well, he's still making a lot of errors.

It'll be interesting to see whether DJ shifts into halfback and Reni moves to five-eigth, or if Folkesy goes for the straight swap and brings in Roberts.

Either way I reckon this game is unlikely to be won in the halves. Both teams sport some fairly large players in both the backline and forwards and, as always, it looks like it'll be a pretty physical contest.

Wiki

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Either way I reckon this game is unlikely to be won in the halves. Both teams sport some fairly large players in both the backline and forwards and, as always, it looks like it'll be a pretty physical contest.

Indeed but although traditionally these games haven't been in the halves, that might change this time around.

Fien and Rovelli are playing excellent football. Ravs has been exceptional in directing play at half and has played his hand in a number of tries this year. Fien has been so fast it is not funny and if you let him he will rip you to shreds out there.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Timmah said:
:-s

There's been no reports to indicate as such. Shifty might not play this weekend but so far he seems fit, that leg gave him some grief against the Tigers but nothin there indicates he'll be out.

El Masri will be there.

Where do you get this crap from? A teenybopper on the Kennel?

Well, lets just hope that I am wrong then.

Wiki

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
Well, lets just hope that I am wrong then.

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs halfback Brent Sherwin and forward Chris Armit have been ruled out of the Bulldogs line up to take on the Warriors this Sunday at Telstra Stadium.

Sherwin sustained a foot injury during the 'Dogs win over the Tigers with Armit injuring his shoulder in the same match. Both were given the whole week to shake the injuries but failed to recover.

Ben Roberts will take the place of Sherwin in the halves with Andrew Emelio making his return to the top grade for Armit. With Emelio's inclusion expect to see Sonny Bill Williams move from the centres into the forward pack.

Goalkicking wizard Hazem El Masri also picked up an injury from last weekend but has responded well to treatment to his ankle and will be given every chance to play this Sunday.

www.bulldogs.com.au

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think so, I think we have the depth to cover it. Good to see Emelio back.

I get the feeling we may see Emelio starting and Sonny off the bench... hmmm... We'll wait and see.

is maitua starting in the centres now?

also sbw is going to be asked by dogs management not to play in the trinations even if hes not injured.

douglasallen91 said:
is maitua starting in the centres now?

also sbw is going to be asked by dogs management not to play in the trinations even if hes not injured.

emelio is in the centres and sonny bill is back in the forward pack, and im pritty sure maitua is playing lock..

yeah i heard about sonny bill, and i have to disagree with what the club is saying, sonny bill to me personally has proved that he is fit, and it would be a shame if he didnt play..

Timmah

Staff member
At this stage we'll take the field:
1 Patten 2 Hazem 3 SBW 4 Tonga 5 Phelps 6 Holdsworth 18 Roberts 8 Shrek 9 Grimaldi 10 Roy 11 Mason 12 Ryan 13 Maitua
Morrin Myles McIlwain Emelio.

Don't see why Emelio would start ahead of SBW. Only other configuration would see Emelio in the centres, Shrek to the bench, Mason into FR and SBW starting in the back row.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Rep footy is a f**king joke. How do we expect the game to take off if clubs are refusing to let players like SBW take the stage?

I hated the Origin this year because all of the decent halves for NSW, along with a few other positions, made themselves "unavailable". Although it was actually a blessing that Ryan played against the Tigers (his impact was certainly noted), the reality was that if the best teams aren't fielded, the games simply aren't as good. Its a real shame if the Dogs administration stop SBW from representing his country.

Anyway re: the game today, look for Emelio and Phelps to do sweet f.a. I'll be watching Roberts performance with interest, as I think he's shown a lot of promise. Shame he's leaving us next year!

Latest posts