What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v Cowboys

forward pass

Coach
It just shits me that we have to cop the same ordinary players every year.

If we have to perpetually suck, can't we at least have some new blood to suck with?

I don't disagree with you here. But (and this is the reason I get so fed up) is that there is only a limited talent pool of players available.

Every club has players that are not quite up to the mark. Look at the Tigers - they have some very, very ordinary players running around in firsts at the moment. Even the Broncos have players that are average at best. Difference is - they have had a magic run with injuries and haven't had to use them week after week like we have. Furthermore, when ordinary players are surrounded by superstars, their deficiencies are covered up or don't have too much of an impact. We simply are not in that boat. Our average players get shown up.

Despite what you think BF, I do not accept mediocrity, or enjoy seeing players wearing the blue and gold who are not up to scratch. But it is the way of the world now mate, their is a salary cap and no real reserve grade (another topic) so this will happen more and more.

I am not sure of your age BF but I am guessing you are around my vintage. If that is the case you will have watched and enjoyed our glory sides of the early eighties. When you think about it, we actually had some average reserve players who were called up at that time to play firsts but it was easy to slot into that side and look good. This is not a new phenomonem.