What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Tonight

SerbDragon

Coach
pic looks awesome of the army
god i hate the knights!!

I dont hate the knights at all, i really dont. Ive always thought theyre an ok team..like penrith and canberra.

What i do hate is losing..or rather, losing like that. i can live with the melbourne loss but last nights loss killed me. Wendell for captain!

Regardless of what our fans say, ive always said brian smith is a bloody fantastic coach and i stand by it. if smithy can get the absolute loyalty from his players, theres not many places he cant take em and last night was proof of it.

I was emotional as hell last night ...still am this morning.

SerbDragon

Coach
P1020248-1.jpg

great bloody pic btw i love it

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Junior Sau's try killed the Dragons and 2 Dan Hunt errors. One when he ran from dummy half in the 6th and the drop ball 5 meters out. But Junior Sau's try was pathetic defence.He had no right to score that. THe Dragons nullified their attack adn then Sau picked it up and ran at the Dragons players and scored a soft try. I am sure BEnny would have given them stick over that piece of defending.

How good was the Dragons 2nd try. Great chip over the top and pass by Soward. Hornby also set up a great try. Good to see Saints score a try without a kick.

Anon

Bench
why do u penalise Wendell for throwing his opponent over the line, in one motion

Wendell was penalised for not being square a marker. Not for throwing his opponent over the side line.

Three tries in seven minutes immediately after Sailor came off is what killed us.

Big Red v Man

Juniors
My young bloke is nine and one eyed Newcastle supporter, his comment to me last night was.....Hahahaahaha Your Dragons suck!!

could have killed him...LOL

Always next week

:)

grandorient

Bench
I don't hate Newcastle either, but the photo is magnificient.

Wonder why Newcastle fans would let of a flair though???

GO

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I'm expecting the humble Dragons supporters to come on her (maybe) and say the best team won.

Well, they didn't.

Mind you, Hunt dropping the ball 5 metres out didn't help.

Did anyone else see that once Wendell came off the game went downhill?

I think the last set of six, maybe second or third last from us, the Knights were offside for at least 3 of the 5 tackles, was quite clear, I even had a Knights supporter mention this to me.

Either way, judging by the look Soward gave when the final bell rung, next week is going to be a killing. The thirst will be there.
good luck to the nights, but they wernt the best team, we were our own worst enemy, saints of old last night, few drop balls and very poor attacking options, both teams didint have much but that says a lot about us.
cant wait for the the troops to get back, poor, weyman, cooper and co.
go saints.

Ribs

Bench
We were killed in the ruck..... no quick play the balls and no space for Soward at all. Each time we get a roll on we look dangerous out wide but last night we couldnt get going. Whether or not that was the officials is debatable.

I really hate this crap about dragging players into touch being an instant penalty now... if its in one motion then there shouldnt be an issue, it used to be black and white where only a second effort got penalised so why did they change it to refs interpretation. I saw no difference to the one where we got dragged out.

Doug2234

First Grade
Junior Sau's try killed the Dragons and 2 Dan Hunt errors. One when he ran from dummy half in the 6th and the drop ball 5 meters out. But Junior Sau's try was pathetic defence.He had no right to score that. THe Dragons nullified their attack adn then Sau picked it up and ran at the Dragons players and scored a soft try. I am sure BEnny would have given them stick over that piece of defending.
yeah the Junior Sau try was right in front of me. i dont understand how no one could get a hand on him and and slight push for him to step on the sideline???

i can only guess the players assumed there was no room there for him to sneak by... who knows??? :x

Pikosaurus

Juniors
OK I have one thing to say about this loss, and I know everyone seems to disagree with me about this, but Chase Stanley should be sold to another team. I do not understand why he was in the lineup this weekend. Head could have started at half, Hornby fullback, Boyd centre. OR! even simpler.... Brett Morris to centre, Nightingale on the wing. SIMPLE! why bring Chase Stanley into the team? If he is not dropping the ball he is missing vital tackles, and it makes me cringe when his errors lead to dragons losses. And no he can't be blamed for this particular loss, but he had a hand in it, and there has to be better options.

Kiki

First Grade
i totally agree. the sentence 'chase stanely is defending in the middle of the field' is TERRIFYING.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
as soon as Wendell left the field, and was replaced by that deadbeat Stanley (who didn't play as bad as first thought), and Priddis left the field which somehow rearranged our entire forward pack, we turned a lead of 14-6 in a game which seemed unlosable into a deficit of 14-24 in only seven minutes.... #-o
if one positive comes out of this its that we will go into the anzac day one not feeling too complacent, and cooper and weyman will be back. f**k, if only wendell wasnt boasting so much earlier to maddog, could have been a completely different outcome in the end. we really looked like the saints of 2007/early 08 yesterday. just hope wayne fixes them for next week!

also f*ck the referees. as soon as any call went newies' way, i could see jason robinson giving a malvolent grin. there was one point where they were given about 6 consecutive penalties, as they obtained that lead. robinson=next steve clark. time for a bucket of piss.

Southernsaint

Staff member
OK I have one thing to say about this loss, and I know everyone seems to disagree with me about this, but Chase Stanley should be sold to another team. I do not understand why he was in the lineup this weekend. Head could have started at half, Hornby fullback, Boyd centre. OR! even simpler.... Brett Morris to centre, Nightingale on the wing. SIMPLE! why bring Chase Stanley into the team? If he is not dropping the ball he is missing vital tackles, and it makes me cringe when his errors lead to dragons losses. And no he can't be blamed for this particular loss, but he had a hand in it, and there has to be better options.

I think he will be sold in the next transfer window...

greeny12

Juniors
A bit off topic ... but does anyone know where we can watch the post match press conference?? i know you can watch it through Bigpond video but the video gets covered by advertisement.

If anyone can help please let me know ...

cheers

SerbDragon

Coach
lol i just watched the press conference...i would hate to be on the recieving end of bennets scorn uff