What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game vs the Storm

shadow grinder

First Grade
definatly, the forwards is where it will be won.

the storm forwards this year have been poor at times. but i think with donnoly there he adds a bit of aggression and toughness.

if you shut down slater, then king, inglis or geyer will get you.

i reckon storm by 10

dubby

Bench
I hate the STORM...HATE HATE HATE.:x

They are the biggest boget team in recent memory

Chachi

Bench
sydraider said:
This game is pivotal for our run home IMO.

We have to rid ourselves of recent trends, one of which is not being able to beat the storm. If we start with that, it will go a long way for our confidence IMO. Maybe even help to starting new trends such as winning a semi!
The next four rounds are the most crucial,
Storm (A)
Eels (H)
Warriors (A)
Broncos (A)

If we can win three of those four. it will do wonders for our confidence!

Yeah, realistically we'll do well to beat the Broncs away, but I think the other 3 games are really up for grabs. I'd consider 2 wins out of those 4 to be a good performance - which should set us up for a great run home.

ausraider

Juniors
Chachi said:
Yeah, realistically we'll do well to beat the Broncs away, but I think the other 3 games are really up for grabs. I'd consider 2 wins out of those 4 to be a good performance - which should set us up for a great run home.

Which two do you think we have a chance in.This is a very tuff month.I do think now that to be in the finals team probably will need at least 30pts due to the comp so close.In saying that we need to get 5 wins for a guarantee and may be even that will not help cos we have a poor pts differential.

legend

Coach
We need to put a few sides away to get the for and against up to scratch but we do have to play Souths at home before the season's out.

I give us a real chance in our home games against Parra, Souths, Manly and Tigers and if we can win against the Storm and Warriors, we're in.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
I think our pack is going to have to play out of their collective skin if we're to stand a chance.

The Storm outside backs are amongst the most dangerous in the comp, whereas the Raiders three quarters are modest at best. I think this goes without saying, however I was bored so I worked out some statistical data in support of this...

The Storm outside backs (Slater, Geyer, Bell, King, Webster) average around 3.7 tries between them per game, over twice Shif, Robbo, Mogg, Howell and Milne's sorry average of around 1.8.

Of course this all depends on the quality of the forwards and halves they play with. Also the Storm have been fortunate with regards to injury, with King and Slater having the least appearances in their backline (due only to origin commitments) with 13 apiece. For the Raiders, on the other hand, Shif and Mogg LEAD the way with 10 games each.

However, I think the Raiders' pack is as good as the Storm's on paper. If these guys can hold their own and our discipline improves from recent matches then we are in with a chance. The importance of this game has been noted above, and I also think it is worth noting that this would give us three wins straight. Regardless of the quality of those wins, this must give the squad some confidence leading into some VITAL matches in the last few weeks of the comp.

GO THE RAIDERS!

Hayabusa

Juniors
If our forwards can stay healthy early and keep the gameplan simple around the ruck and back it onto a Smith kicking game then Tongue could become a real key to hurting Melbourne he has been deadly running at tired forwards and can also show off a few ball skills. If he can come on like the last few weeks it will give us Linc, Germ and Tongue all attacking around the play the ball.

I also really hope the forwards can get some offloads happening and there are support runners to take advantage of yards in the middle of the park, its something that seems to be lacking but when its happened there have been big metres or points.

hotdogs

Juniors
i agree to drop williams this week. i'm still not sure why elliot bought him though, he barely plays 20mins per game[/QUOTE]

I must say though i follow the warriors a bit and remember when they were in their element a couple of years ago, they have a player in there similar to williams, and they pretty much play exactly the same game, and they actually use him very well. He only plays about 10-15 mins now but when he first started FG he was only playing 5 min stunts and that was as an impact player. I think williams can be used like that, but he does need some more game time, which is what matty seems to be doing, and i think he could be a great impact player for them when the forwards are tiring, he is big, exactly strong and knows how to run straight.hopefully we'll see them both against eachother it will be two stream trains running into brick walls.i saw in a sydney paper once, he's mean't to be the strongest in the nrl and union, appparently benches 230kgs.

Chachi

Bench
The Warriors game is very winable. We always have a close one against them, no matter where it is played, so I think if Jason Smith is fit and firing we should be able to get them.

Parramatta are a very good team who have the ability to put in a shocker now and then (much like the Storm). I'd suggest the home ground advantage will be crucial to that match and may be enough to get us over the line.

Beating the Storm or Broncs away would be a real bonus.

I think our wildcard is still the element of surprise. Other than Smith and maybe Choc, nobody in our team is really rated - so if the other 11 guys turn up to play and our opposition is looking too far ahead into the finals, we will continue to grind out a few good/messy wins here and there. Like Legend said, if we can get a couple of wins this month, we've got a pretty fair run home.