What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

Parra Pride

Referee
Mate, my young bloke and I literally almost broke the tv when Moey went in… we jumped around like we were f**king nuts!!! What a moment!!! And let’s call out Luai, he was immense. Can’t stand him when he plays us but f**k me he is a talent. Angus Crichton was just immense. I would have loved to see him in Blue and Gold
Luai is a trackhead, but he's a good player so it's fine when he's on your side. It's good to get to see Moses actually play in a good team, sucks his season is over but at least he goes out on a high while the rest of this shit heap fights it out for a spoon.

TheParraboy

Staff member
So I think worst on ground had to be #12 Nanai for Queensland.

Dropped from the starting side to the bench
Sin-binned before half time for being the third man running into the fracas
Then missed the tackle on Luai for the break that led to the Best try

A pretty good contribution to the Qld loss right there.

Maybe Nanai missed the memo “QLD get origin” ?

eels_fan

First Grade
Moses now elevates himself, at origin level, well above blokes like Pearce, Kimmorley, Reynolds, Cleary who all played multiple series in the halves but couldn’t deliver series victories in a Qld decider.

It is esteemed company to join Stuart & Johns in having achieved that.

yy_cheng

Coach
It's one of my favourite Origin moments now. That try wouldve shut the critics up saying "he needed to step up" Well he certainly did. He now joins Sticky and Joey.

Yes I have to say Luai was a little quiet in the first half but really stepped up in the second half, not just with that try he set up but in defense he made some really good tackles when it looked like QLD were threating out wide.

I wish we had Angus, played with passion tonight and has been in great form for the Chooks.
When chrrry owned him with that tackle, it woke luai up

Eelementary

Post Whore
I won't be criticising Mitch for not standing up under pressure ever again. That was sublime from him - wow!

Also, Stephen Crichton is incredible. So jealous of the Dogs.

Gherkin

Juniors
I won't be criticising Mitch for not standing up under pressure ever again. That was sublime from him - wow!

Also, Stephen Crichton is incredible. So jealous of the Dogs.
Chrichton’s the best centre in the game. Shut down the hammer with ease.
His brother in the 2nd row goes alright as well. Would be nice to have someone at Parra that has that physical presence and doesn’t take shit from the opposition

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nah I reckon Madge is actually proven to be a great rep coach.

Club coach his intensity wears off pretty quickly.

Mal the Dope Meninga won 9 origin series from 10 and couldn't coach for shit at club level.

I was being cheeky.

Still miffed we missed the boat on Cheika, though - time will tell how we go with Ryles.