What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday Warriors V Gold Coast

JJ

Immortal
Warriors being sore losers - can’t play the game and can’t control their frustration
Yep, pretty disgraceful performance that - get absolutely pummelled, and then play the tough guy when frustrated, real back to the future BS - why not play tough from the start?

That performance could be a new all-time Warriors low...

Panther79

Juniors
I think the funniest part is Nathan Brown blasting the warriors discipline when he recruits players who have never had discipline like Lodge, Evans, Fonua-Blake and DWZ to some degree... It's like recruiting Paul Cariage and blasting him for not playing like Turbo...

JJ

Immortal
I think the funniest part is Nathan Brown blasting the warriors discipline when he recruits players who have never had discipline like Lodge, Evans, Fonua-Blake and DWZ to some degree... It's like recruiting Paul Cariage and blasting him for not playing like Turbo...
That is an excellent point - while on one level our pack looks good, you have to wonder whether it's tenable to run out a pack that contains AFB, Lodge, Evans, Tevaga etc... that's next level reckless/stupid

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's an outstanding point. Add Jazz to the mix as well, and it's just a shitshow of penalty magnets. Hardly Moneyball, is it?

Far more concerning yesterday was the shithouse handling display. Absolutely unforgivable for an NRL side.

Panther79

Juniors
That is an excellent point - while on one level our pack looks good, you have to wonder whether it's tenable to run out a pack that contains AFB, Lodge, Evans, Tevaga etc... that's next level reckless/stupid
it is probably ok if you have a strong and respected coach then they can manage it, Brown has no chance.

At least they generally they won't all roll out together in a line up as one or more will likely be suspended each week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Good leadership from Brown and George saying there is no excuse for the behaviour yesterday, that’s a good message coming from the top

The club as a whole has had a tough couple of years, but if you look at that side yesterday, off the top of my head, Walsh, Montoya, DWZ, SOS, AFB, Egan, lodge, Curran, Aitken, Sironen, Evans don’t have any base in Auckland at all so shouldn’t be effected a huge amount by being based where they are

Tongue

Juniors
Brown said he noticed lots of short cuts at training. So question is, is he a hands off, personal responsibility type of coach?
If it was noticed at training, would it not have been flagged? Or rectified?
I can understand the personal responsibility approach if there was a massive pool of players to pull from if a player doesn't perform as expected.

JJ

Immortal
or the offenders fined/stood down... I don't care if it's last week of season, speaks to culture and leadership in the club... people might say Tohu and RTS aren't there, but the coaching staff is...