What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gameplan vs dogs

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The gameplan vs the dogs will be very simple... run at Asotasi. He is the only one in their side providing and go forward at the moment.

It would be a different story if O'Meley and Mason were available, but without them, all we have to do is tire out Asotasi in defense and they will struggle big time.

The only other thing is to do what all the other teams have started doing and kick to Utai.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think the basic gameplan will be along the lines of that, but more just tire out all the forwards. Even rookie forwards or reserve forwards can make one big run and change a game, so I'd say we'll be looking to A) Rumble over and through their forwards early in the count, then attack one or two passes wide...B) Target any rookie players they pick, and Corey Hughes if he plays as he is likely to give us piggybacking penalities...and C)Target Utai at every opportunity.

parra001

Juniors
lets hope grothe doesnt sprint out of the line like last night cause utai will score a dozen tries before half time.....

attamarrap

Juniors
dont kick it down utai's throat, no mistakes,no silly piggy back penalties and run our attack at anasta who has been imo their best player this season

TheParraboy

Staff member
Simple kick and attack at Utai and El Masri

I can see Timmy putting a few of those high kicks across the field on either side
Grothe and Peterson have a huge height advantage and ae generally good in the air when we are attacking.
But first things first , our forwards need to set a platform for us to be in their quarter reasonably often for this to be effective.

Tonga Vs Wagon - what a clash :mrgreen:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Can't run at Asotasi he'll smash you.

He is one of the biggest hitters in the NRL.

But cross field bombs out to Petersen and Grothe should work and also turn the dogs around make kick the ball into open spaces. A couple more Burt 40/20's will help.

Complete the sets gotta control the ball better then last night.

No dumb penalties.

Get the ball out to Tahu with room to move.

Make sure someone is always supporting players when the take hotups

try and get a lot of 2nd phase play going.

and defend like they have in the last 2 weeks

chloe

Juniors
Denis Fitzgerald should say something brutal against the Bulldogs through the media. It will no doubt demoralise them.

Parraletic

Juniors
We should just get in there face & smash em! Then when we get the ball, run over the muts! :twisted:

GO YOU MIGHTY EELS!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Grothe should mark Utai, but be prepared as well, I noticed last night he wasnt trying to go for the high balls.

With Robinson back up it should tighten up the defence.

Get a good backline set, with Tahu and Burt out wide, along with Grothe. Morris, Smith and Marsh will combine well in the halves/hooker. Riddell will probably go in the forwards a bit when Morrison and Hindmarsh have done plenty of work.

Canterbury are nothing without O'Meley, Mason and SBW. And they definately miss Steve Price he always used to go well against Parramatta. I thought they were lucky to hold out Newcastle in the final minutes.

Should be good, I'm pretty confident next week, our defence was great last night hopefully we can back it up next week. :D

it is bound to be a very physical encounter a few burt 40/20's will go a long way towards dominating field position but if he is trying it every set of six the dogs will wake up to it

ByRd

First Grade
BRING IT ON :twisted:

I encourage all parra fans to head out to homebush on saturday & lets get a big crowd in for this game. The blue n white army will be out in force so id like to see as much eel fans as possible, THE RIVARLY CONTINUES

eelsta

Bench
this will be a hard game for us the dogs always play well against us but i think we can do it [-o<

1eyedeel

Juniors
I agree with Hurri's last point. If we defend like we have last couple of week's there's only a couple of teams in the comp who are capable of putting enough points on us to beat us and right now, one of those team ain't the Doggies..

Eelementary

Post Whore
^ Pando said:
Target Utai at your peril. If he turns up to play, he'll hurt you.

Oh yeah, most definitely mate.

I think only fools would underestimate Utai.

I think we should have Grothe marking up on Utai.

Big Grothe (when in attack) + Little Utai = :D Parra fans!

hybrideel

Bench
I think Grothe shopuld definitely markup against utai. It will help Grothes defence as well because as we all know he has trouble reading it, i think Utai's ego will make him try and run over grothe which i dont think he'll be able to do. He may have trouble reading the play or a step but he doesn't get run over often, not that i've seen anyway

^ Pando

retired
Utai has one of the best steps close to the line in the game. If Grothe has trouble reading a step, he may get into trouble.

Latest posts