What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games v Broncos

redvwhite

Juniors
There has been a great rivalry between these two clubs since the early nineties. Broncos certainly have the edge on us statistically and so its always extra special to get a win over them. This game stands to be one of the most memorable games with the Lockyer - Bennett departures.

I can remember some good wins and close losses, as well as a flogging or two but what games or moments v Broncos come to mind for you?

In 2006 I remember attending a match at Suncorp where we battled it out, got to a narrow lead before the Broncos reigned it back after half time. We were able to score late and Gorrell booted a goal from the touchline to win us the game.

Of course in 2003 Piggy Riddell kicked that long range penalty goal to steal a win, with an understrengthed team in an otherwise disappointing season.

redvscotty

First Grade
Not sure what year it was, maybe 2007. Dragons were paying like 7 dollars to win so i put 50 on and they won 11 - 7. Was awesome.

Rocket

Juniors
1993 at QEII stadium. Last round of the regular season. Nearly 60 thousand people (still a record Broncos home crowd for a regular season match). Huge sections of the crowd red and white.

Dragons won 16-10. Best forgotten what happened a few weeks after it.

Minh

First Grade
1993 at QEII stadium. Last round of the regular season. Nearly 60 thousand people (still a record Broncos home crowd for a regular season match). Huge sections of the crowd red and white.

Dragons won 16-10. Best forgotten what happened a few weeks after it.

Our forwards Stevens, Barnhill and Gourley had massive games. Stevens first minute injury in the GF killed us.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Most people here wouldn't remember those, grandad :lol:

Serious?

........fmd

Certainly would explain the jealous and frustrated panty twists you see sometimes

'09 semi-final was a cracker ........for hutty & the young 'uns !!!

:roll:

You're a merkin of the highest order. I hope you're proud of yourself, because unbeknownst to you, everyone things your a germ. Now f**k off! And take your urine flavoured beer with you.

The Dragon Princess........hear her roar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Piss XXXX beer, you used to be better at it. I see you're falling into a few old traps.

Are you going to the game?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Piss XXXX beer, you used to be better at it. I see you're falling into a few old traps.

Are you going to the game?

Unfortunately Willow, I am currently languishing in this god forsaken shithole most commonly known amongst it's scummy merkin population as

Sydney

so no.......I won't be going to the game.

Looking forward to going to the grand final though

........know of any tickets going cheap?

On 2nd thoughts .......I might pop back in here and ask again on Sunday. :p

Hutty1986

Immortal
Unfortunately Willow, I am currently languishing in this god forsaken shithole most commonly known amongst it's scummy merkin population as

Sydney

:lol: You won't need to worry about GF tickets champ

InThatNumber

Juniors

Sydney

Going as a neutral then?

Latest posts