What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Widdop fast becoming the next big thing

PaulyTom

Juniors
I just want to congratulate Gareth Widdop on his development under Craig Bellamy and the Storm. I have been very impressed with Widdop at Five Eight and he has been one of the best Five Eights in the NRL over the first 4 rounds.

He is growing with every game and his touches are sublime at times.

England will have something special in Widdop and playing behind Ellis , Burgess, Graham and the rest of the English big men should thrive.

BDGS

Bench
Yes, Widdop has always impressed whether it be at fullback or 5/8th.

There was only one 'bad' game i have ever seen him play and i think that was against the kiwis while playing for England

stormbati

Bench
He's also very dangerous around the ruck. Kicking game is non-existant at the moment but his got a lot of time and with guys like Cronk and Smith in his team, the attention won't be on him too much.

PRW

Juniors
Not quite the finished article, but won't be far off if he acquires a kicking game!

PaulyTom

Juniors
He is turning a lot of heads on TV and radio. Frequently his name is mentioned and they only say good things.

Indelible

Juniors
This bloke has been very impressive. All England need is a good coach to take advantage of their talent.