What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garlo's pies

Henson

Juniors
i have to say that Garlos pies are heaps better than the former suppliers,i think they were Hannahs?but i must say that the pie warmer should be cranked up a bit more,on a few occasions my pie was cold in the middle,and thats not too cool!!seeing as sean garlick is making so much dough out of dogs eyes maybe he can supply the mighty jets with some state of the art pie warmers,that would be a nice gesture 4 sure,btw sean when the tv ads coming on?we know u love the spotlight...what do you guys think?of the pies that is.

greg

Juniors
When are these pies going to be marketed in QLD? I feel like I'm missing out.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Henson said:
but i must say that the pie warmer should be cranked up a bit more,on a few occasions my pie was cold in the middle,and thats not too cool!!
Henson! it sounds like your Pie was dying from the inside out!!!!!!!!!! seriously though (pies aside) the Garlo's sausage rolls are bloody exquisite,,,,just the right amount of spices wrapped in ample pastry and a near meal in one! mmmmm,,jeezaz I want one NOW! washed down with a KB of course ;-)

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
greg said:
When are these pies going to be marketed in QLD? I feel like I'm missing out.
Greg I believe negotiations are underway with Peter Beaty (The emperor of Brisbayne) to allow the QLD pie market to begin receiving shipments of genuine Garlo's pies. Apparently this is thanks to the free trade agreement nutted out between Marrickville and the aforementioned Brisbayne! When they arrive "en masse" please enjoy. We will attempt to arrange an airdrop of KB to further enhance the gastronomical delights that await! ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
I usually go a sausage roll as well. But have found the opposite with the s/rolls. I usually lose the top layer of skin from my tongue as they are very hot, yet still stuff em in too quick as they are definately a tasty meal.

I always make sure I go to a gameday hungry as to eat as much as humanly possible, and in doing so support the club with dollars spent.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
I usually go a sausage roll as well. But have found the opposite with the s/rolls. I usually lose the top layer of skin from my tongue as they are very hot.
Ya spot on there 2TB they will burn the b'jesus out of ya tounge, had that experience many times :-( The fire's soon quelled with some amber ale though but boy dont it hurt the next day!!!!

Jeffles

Bench
Hannah's was years ago. We used Loftus in between. I liked Loftus because I prefer actual pieces of beef to mince. I rarely eat pies at Henson though - I prefer steak sandwiches.

greg

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
Greg I believe negotiations are underway with Peter Beaty (The emperor of Brisbayne) to allow the QLD pie market to begin receiving shipments of genuine Garlo's pies. Apparently this is thanks to the free trade agreement nutted out between Marrickville and the aforementioned Brisbayne! When they arrive "en masse" please enjoy. We will attempt to arrange an airdrop of KB to further enhance the gastronomical delights that await! ;-)

I'm excited NBB, bring on the pies. I'll have to break ranks on the KB though. Any Reschs DA?

Henson

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
Henson! it sounds like your Pie was dying from the inside out!!!!!!!!!! seriously though (pies aside) the Garlo's sausage rolls are bloody exquisite,,,,just the right amount of spices wrapped in ample pastry and a near meal in one! mmmmm,,jeezaz I want one NOW! washed down with a KB of course ;-)

well nbb get your skates on man garlo now has a 24hr pie stop at mascot opp the tennyson hotel and one at coogee opp the coogee bay,watch those pesky pommie pissed backpackers at coogee though they'll steall the pastry off ya sausage roll mate,bloody savages,a mate at coogee got home the other day and found them swimmin in his bloody pool,the hide!!gotta empty it now
icon8.gif

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Mate I aint been to Googee since 1987! joint must a changed since then?,,,,used to spend many a sat'dy night down the road at the Maroubra Seals club though,,Tramps @ Maroubra that was the name of the nightclub,,,,great days old sun,,, great days indeed! many a technicolour yawn on the beach after a huge night, but hey that was the 80's ;-)

Henson

Juniors
The red tomato inn at kingsford was good too,you could stay on the piss all nite,then at six,get a free breakfast you could'nt jump over!!it got a bit rough though!!

Latest posts