What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gary Larson

My favourite Queensland player, alongside Wally and Alfie. What I'd like to know is where did he start his career ? I know he played for Norths in Sydney, but did he play BRL ?

Gary is from out at Mriam Vale 40kms just down the road from me. He then I believe beacame an aprentice electrician at Queensland Alumina in Gladstone & played for Q>A>S>C ( Queensland alumina sports club) Now known as Yaralla. He also had a very talented Bro who played at Tannum sands amongst others, however he had a healthy penchant for the beer & the pipe. I am not totally sure but think Gary may well have been part of the Famous QASC side that win the local premiership here some yrs ago & went on a drunken NUDE rampage throughout the streets of Gladstone & even oinvading NUDE some ladies aerobics classes. Needless to say these players where all suspended for some length & the following season the premiers couldnt field an A grade side..as much as many in the community belived them to be disgracefull, I must say it gives me a great laff. Gary then made a few district & regional rep sides & was not long b4 he was off to to Nrth Sydney................ :D :D :D

The Colonel

Immortal
He is coach of the North Sydney first division side and was working with the NRL as a development officer at some stage.

zulu

Juniors
brl%20photos%20016.jpg

An image of big Larso going into tackle Brett Daunt during the State League in the 80's.