What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier signed with union?

Willow said:
I think you're still missing the point. It was a joke.Oh good, we have another mind reader on the forums. Wouldn't outrage me at all.
bzzz... wrong again.
Nope, and you're the only one. Poor fella, no sense of humour.I see the voices in your head stll have the upper hand.

Tell me, when you type do you actually think it about it beforehand, or are you reading it for the first time like everyone else?

Got a source for that? <insert laughing emoticon here>

My what a voluminous reply!...And I am the one with no sense of humour?? :lol:

Ok, just quickly -

1. Ha. Ha. Very funny. I know a good joke when I see one - and I'm afraid....that this ain't one!

2. Saints fans are - at the end of the day - the only ones that really care if 'Gaz' goes to Onion - are Saints fans. What has 'The best Centre In The World (TM)' ever done for Australian Rugby League - really?...When all is said & done - Played a few State of Origin games -- been a part of an Andrew Johns led NSW squad that let's face it - would have won without him -- Been a part of the first Australian squad that lost a series since before Phil Gould finally got his 'big boy hairs' -- Been a part of The Team That Could Not Lose in 2005...but did. Wow! Hold me, for I feel for the very fibres that hold Rugby League together! :shock: Please - If Gasnier goes - the NRL is none the worse off - apart from a bit of publicity - He goes - ok, so he's an 'incumbent' rep player - but NSW and Australia will easily replace him as if he was never even there. And therein lies the difference between League and Yawnion. Depth of talent.

3. You just have to listen to the words that come out of Baz's mouth - his body language - his lack of commitment or eye contact - his deliberately evasive language - except when he says things like 'This is our last year together and so we HAVE to make things count - NOW!' whenever questioned about his future....I may yet be wrong, yes - But right here and now - I would bet every last dollar I have, bar one - on Barrett p*ssing off to England. The signs are ALL there...You just choose not to see them. But I see the quite obvious signs - and draw my own conclusions. As do many others, not looking out at the world from red & white lenses.

Humour is a subjective thing, I realise...and laugh it up by all means - but just don't expect automatic respect and compliance from all & sundry for that. People have their opinions, and are entitled to air them - So as one that does not find Fatty, Sterlo and the painfully base & predictable Matty Johns funny, for instance - I was just moved to say that I just didn't find this April Fools joke particularly worth all the "OHMIGAAAAAAAWWWWWWWD! That was like, SOOOO funny maaaate! Like - OmiGAWWWD - You are like....the Eddie Murphy or George Burns of your generation Legend!...Like.........OMIGAWD!" posts that followed. Simpering, sycophantic boot-licking - is all I saw.

If you think I am a humourless f*ck and you want my take on a more thoughtful tyoe of Rugby League humour - merely examine my post history - look up the 'What if Rugby League Plyers went to Hollywood' thread for just one - And you will see this is not the case at ALL! :)

One thing I have noted in my relatively short time on these forums is that people just seem to follow their little cliques on this discussion froum. And bleat along accordingly. Which is just pathetic.

That was all, Princess. Next time - don't take it all so seriously or personally - cop the tip here - you'll live longer without the stress! ;-)

<INSERT PATRONISING HEAD-PATTING, 'THERE-THERE-ING' ROLLING-EYE EMOTICON HERE>

legend

Coach
I am so proud of that article and the response it has drawn that I am going to have this thread framed and hung on my mantle piece next to thebust of Jennifer Hawkins I am having done.

Willow said:
And anything but.
Sorry, but I stopped reading it after that.

Somehow I doubt that, sweetheart! :hg:

Bloody speechless more like! Which would undoubtedly be your best hope for maintaining any kind of unbiased-sounding credibilty by the looks of things. And bully for you - long may that speechlessness continue....HURRAH! :)

Willow - Administrator par excellence! 31 THOUSAND posts here in about 18 months - Oh my GAWD!! Complete legend behind his keyboard on the web - dishevelled hobo drinking shandies by himself down the local pub that everybody avoids making eye contact lest he come over for 'a chat', in the real world! Yes, I know your kind Willow - Unfortunately. As you said earlier - "There's ALWAYS one!" - Nice one.

Legend said:
I am so proud of that article and the response it has drawn that I am going to have this thread framed and hung on my mantle piece next to thebust of Jennifer Hawkins I am having done.

So where's the gilt-framed shot of a bikini-clad Rebecca Wilson making out with a 'budgie smuggling' Phil Gould gonna go???

Ah, no I've got it - "That's going STRAIGHT to the pool room!"

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
Bring Back the Spliff said:
Somehow I doubt that, sweetheart! :hg:

Bloody speechless more like! Which would undoubtedly be your best hope for maintaining any kind of unbiased-sounding credibilty by the looks of things. And bully for you - long may that speechlessness continue....HURRAH! :)

Willow - Administrator par excellence! 31 THOUSAND posts here in about 18 months - Oh my GAWD!! Complete legend behind his keyboard on the web - dishevelled hobo drinking shandies by himself down the local pub that everybody avoids making eye contact lest he come over for 'a chat', in the real world! Yes, I know your kind Willow - Unfortunately. As you said earlier - "There's ALWAYS one!" - Nice one.

like you can talk, tfff 250 posts in less than a month, your not far off mate so i wouldnt talk:lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
legend said:
I'm pretty sure you got the Sunday Herald over here

Quote from an article about Webb/Union..

Some agencies were reporting yesterday that Gasnier had already penned a A$700,000-a-year deal with the ARU and that, of the four Super 14 franchises, he had ruled out playing for the Western Force only.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&ObjectID=10375655

Starkers

Bench
anyone seen page 22 of the daily telegraph today?

Top-rating league caller Ray Hadley would be well advised to mark April 1 in next year's diary after being embarrassed by a cunning April Fool's joke.

The ex-cabbie turned radio jock effortlessly eased himself into a lather after callers flooded 2GB's talkback line with word Dragons rugby league centre Mark Gasnier had defected to rugby union (admittedly, Gasnier has been linked to the code).

The "story" was sourced from footy site leagueunlimited.com, which has run trick yarns on NRL players switching codes each April Fool's Day for the past two years.

Hadley, however, was caught a beauty.

He spent the first hour of the show trying to contact Gasnier's manager George Mimis while dissecting the new "development" with callers.

taxidriver

Coach
one of the Saints fans sites has a poster with inside mail who has been proven right time and time again.

The latest from him is that Gaz is staying with Saints.

Latest posts