What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaud no not Toupou again ... NOOOOO.

SadShark

Bench
Yep, can remember being as excited as I was, telling my mates about my 1st fingerbang (that one was me on myself) when we were getting Twopoo.

Hope I get excited all over again about him as well as my next time with the digital might be on one of them women thingy's.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I can guarantee toopoo will still be a lemon running off Carney.

We have made excuses for this guy one too many times. Yeah our team has been shyte which doesn't help his game, but the good players still rise. Gallen is still getting picked in rep teams. When was the last time someone mentioned toop's name for rep duties?

Sure he has played for nsw and Australia but that means pharrrrk all when we are paying him 400+ to play like the bum he is

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think toopoo could be a handy addition to the side as it tries to gain momentum towards the semis. Would swap him on the bench for Taga in a heartbeat. Toups has struggled in a beaten side for the last couple of years but is a confidence player who could thrive in a winning side. $400k...way overs but he may feel like he owes the sharks something over the last year and a bit of his contract.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Where's this $400k figure come from? 2013 is an option year for Tupou. I haven't seen any evidence anywhere suggesting he gets that $400k for 2013.

The Sharks have supported him through his numerous injuries and family tragedy's and from what I know of Toops he is a man of honour. He could be staying for $150-$200k for all we know.

Where's this $400k figure come from? 2013 is an option year for Tupou. I haven't seen any evidence anywhere suggesting he gets that $400k for 2013.

The Sharks have supported him through his numerous injuries and family tragedy's and from what I know of Toops he is a man of honour. He could be staying for $150-$200k for all we know.

Good point Frenzy. I guess the automatic assumption was that the same contract conditions would apply if the contract extension was taken up.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Good point Frenzy. I guess the automatic assumption was that the same contract conditions would apply if the contract extension was taken up.

I can see that actually MWAL.

I'd just hope no administration would allow such an option to be written into a contract.

Surely it would be something like, "yeah we'll give you an option to stay at the end of 4 at new, mutually agreed to terms"

However that looks in legalese.

True Coolum, however I think Taga has been getting used to run more direct and that's not really been his go in the past. He has been more effective out wider. Tends to be how Toops plays also. I think Flanno has been trying to play Taga into a bit of a prop type

carcharias

Immortal
1929399.jpg

HERE’S the photographic proof that former Australian Test representative Anthony Tupou will make a comeback from what was thought a season-ending injury. And soon.
A devastating runner of the ball, Tupou was feared to have gone for the season after he suffered a crippling torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in round three this year — his second such injury in two years after having his left knee operated on.
The LARS reconstructive surgery of his right knee this time involved the transplant of an achilles tendon from a deceased donor.
Tupou’s dedication to his rehab in the gym was such that he was recently listed as returning to the game as soon as round 22.
Then, last week, his surprised surgeon gave the back-rower the go-ahead to run for the first time.
He not only ran in a straight line, but also did some light sideways work during five days of a full new program.
‘‘Now I’ve been told I can expect a return in round 18 [in five weeks],’’ said a pleased Tupou, who follows the return of Sharks winger Nathan Stapleton from similar surgery.
‘‘The break away has at least given me more time with my young boys [baby Jovi, four months and Ryder, 3].
‘‘But at the same time, I’ve seen every [Sharks] game, and the team’s success has just given me extra motivation to get back and be part of it all.
‘‘I was devastated to be told I was gone originally; now I just want to be ready and going if Flanno [coach Shane Flanagan] needs me at any time soon. I want to give back, after missing so much playing time.’’ The high-priced former Roosters’ back- rower has played 11 Tests and four Origins, but since Ricky Stuart wooed him to the Sharks in 2009 injuries have blunted his effectiveness, either side of last season where he played 24 games for the Sharks.
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...e/tupou-shock-back-in-contention/2579200.aspx

ghoti

Bench
Looking forward to seeing him work his way back into the team...he's a great hole runner, and is pretty much tailor made to run off Carney. Could have used him the last couple of weeks I reckon..

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Thank f**k hes on the way back. Stapo looked confident last night running. Cove did well after although he told me confidence was the biggest hurdle.

Ads

First Grade
Good news. Infinitely better bench option than we have at the moment and can give bukaya a break every now and then. Can Toops play right side reefy? Always seemed (if memory is correct) to operate on the left edge.

Frailty

First Grade
8. Ross
9. DeGois
10. Gibbs
11. Smith
12. Gallen
13. Graham

14. Toupou
15. Bakuya
16. Fafita
17. Morris
18. Tagatese

Looks good.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Good news. Infinitely better bench option than we have at the moment and can give bukaya a break every now and then. Can Toops play right side reefy? Always seemed (if memory is correct) to operate on the left edge.

Toops played right side last year when we had Kelly in the side, the two of them worked well together.

Ads

First Grade
Toops played right side last year when we had Kelly in the side, the two of them worked well together.

Yeah I wasn't sure. Did he set up a good try with a combo with smith early this season? Couple of short inside balls between them?

Latest posts