What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB vs NZL = FARCE

DownUnder

Coach
Big Pete said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

First try was fine.

That try was fine too

Agreed

Bahahaha....ahahaha

...ahahaaahahaahahaha...

Gold mate

I don't know why but I get the feeling you don't agree with skeepe.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I knew the whinging wouldnt take long.

I dunno what those kiwi commentators were on about, the slo mo clearly showed a gap between the ball and raynors fingers = lost possesion= no try correct decision.

And all Brits knew it wouldnt take long for the Aussies to start mouthing off.

Not a suprise that you were first out of the blocks mate.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
skeepe said:
Webb's first try was a definite forward pass.

Cayless took a Pom out on another try.

Raynor should have been awarded a try.

Pryce should have been awarded a try.

Webb pushed a Pom out of it and then shepparded Cayless for the Cayless try.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I'm gonna have to reveal that Skeepe is actually half Kiwi and he posts stuff like this (and his efforts in the Union forum) just as a good natured effort to get our backs up. Sorry Skeepe mate, love your work but the joke's getting old ;-)
Remeber kids, don't feed the trolls...

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
England are the most clueless pussies EVER to put on a jumper..Do they actually KNOW one another

seemed to know each other after celebrating there win over Australia alright.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
They must've killed a few braincells celebrating afterward then....

Judging by there effort tonight you might be right, i hope they take there A game to Brisbane next week other wise Australia will put 40 or 50 on them.

innsaneink

Referee
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
And all Brits knew it wouldnt take long for the Aussies to start mouthing off.

Not a suprise that you were first out of the blocks mate.

Wrong ...yet again fagpride...your smelly mate foreplay was.

The Clan

Juniors
NZ were an angry team and took the field with no inkling of self preservation in attack or defense.

I saw problems for us even during the National Anthems and the Haka.
There was extra passion in the eyes and faces and that spelt danger.

Lets be honest here, Australia on current form would have copped a hiding from NZ on the form they showed tonight.

NZ were better all over the park and with the exception of the odd two or three players GB had no answers.

Peacock, Raynor, Ellis and maybe Yeaman were GB only acceptable performers tonight.

Having said all of that I am going to throw some mitigation into my summing up.

The ref was far too lenient with NZ lying on in the tackle; this is no small matter when there are 240+ play the balls it has to have an effect on the momentum of the game.

The two video ref decisions were ridiculously poor, Raynors in particular because it could have changed the face of the game at that time. Pryce's try was an equally poor decision but in fairness the game was gone by then.

Simpkin has had two very poor games now and shouldn’t be considered for future games at this level.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
The Clan said:
NZ were an angry team and took the field with no inkling of self preservation in attack or defense.

I saw problems for us even during the National Anthems and the Haka.
There was extra passion in the eyes and faces and that spelt danger.

Lets be honest here, Australia on current form would have copped a hiding from NZ on the form they showed tonight.

NZ were better all over the park and with the exception of the odd two or three players GB had no answers.

Peacock, Raynor, Ellis and maybe Yeaman were GB only acceptable performers tonight.

Having said all of that I am going to throw some mitigation into my summing up.

The ref was far too lenient with NZ lying on in the tackle; this is no small matter when there are 240+ play the balls it has to have an effect on the momentum of the game.

The two video ref decisions were ridiculously poor, Raynors in particular because it could have changed the face of the game at that time. Pryce's try was an equally poor decision but in fairness the game was gone by then.

Simpkin has had two very poor games now and shouldn’t be considered for future games at this level.

Nice summation. Spot on. Simkins awful. NZ fantastic!

screeny

Bench
I can't believe what I'm reading.

Raynor's no-try being questioned? Are you lot f**king mad?!

You can clearly see he knocked it on from the side-on view; there's clear daylight between his hand, after he makes contact with the ball, and the ball, before he touches it again when it's on the ground.

Unbelievable. As clear a no try as it's possible to be.

Cujo

Juniors
screeny said:
I can't believe what I'm reading.

Raynor's no-try being questioned? Are you lot f**king mad?!

You can clearly see he knocked it on from the side-on view; there's clear daylight between his hand, after he makes contact with the ball, and the ball, before he touches it again when it's on the ground.

Unbelievable. As clear a no try as it's possible to be.

The only angle that cast doubt was from the side and even on that all of Raynor's left hand was not visible. On balance it should have been given.

screeny

Bench
Cujo said:
The only angle that cast doubt was from the side and even on that all of Raynor's left hand was not visible. On balance it should have been given.

You're right about one thing: there was only one angle which made the gap between his hand and the ball after initial contact clear. But that's all you need.

The first time I saw the replay I saw the knock on. Then they went on to view the head on shots numerous times which made it look like a good try, before the video ref went back to the side shot which clearly showed the knock on.

It's as clear as night and day.

The Pryce one was a bad call though as Kidwell seemed to go for Wellens, rather than the other way round.

deluded pom?

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
Judging by there effort tonight you might be right, i hope they take there A game to Brisbane next week other wise Australia will put 40 or 50 on them.

Hmm I seem to have heard this somewhere before, I must be suffering from deja vu.

Cujo

Juniors
screeny said:
You're right about one thing: there was only one angle which made the gap between his hand and the ball after initial contact clear. But that's all you need.

The first time I saw the replay I saw the knock on. Then they went on to view the head on shots numerous times which made it look like a good try, before the video ref went back to the side shot which clearly showed the knock on.

It's as clear as night and day.

The Pryce one was a bad call though as Kidwell seemed to go for Wellens, rather than the other way round.

Don't agree. There wasn't a single shot where BOTH hands can be conclusively proven not to be touching the ball. For a split second on the side view his right hand wasn't touching the ball for sure but in that same shot his left hand is out of view behind the ball. If as you say the front-on shots were OK then it's 99% nailed on his left hand must have been touching the ball the whole time. I can understand the reasoning behind the decision but there is doubt and in that case the attacking side gets the benefit.

screeny

Bench
Cujo said:
Don't agree. There wasn't a single shot where BOTH hands can be conclusively proven not to be touching the ball. For a split second on the side view his right hand wasn't touching the ball for sure but in that same shot his left hand is out of view behind the ball. If as you say the front-on shots were OK then it's 99% nailed on his left hand must have been touching the ball the whole time. I can understand the reasoning behind the decision but there is doubt and in that case the attacking side gets the benefit.

His left hand was not on the ball though at any time. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one as for me it was a clear cut no try.

Jane Robinson

Juniors
There's no point in us whingeing on about the ref and video decisions. Bottom line is that New Zealand were simply superb and their pack bullied us all around the field. They gave Long no room, we failed to do the same to Stacey Jones and after the first half hour we looked as if we wanted to be on the plane going back home

WJ

Juniors
gb were pathetic and abysmal.

anyone notice the stupid kiwi fan who had kiwi written backwards across his forehead (obviousley did it in the mirror).

Here's to NZ retaining their crown.

salivor

First Grade
Only a pom could look at a 34-4 scoreline and say that GB were robbed. All the Kiwis tries were fair, yes Raynor should've been awarded a try but Senior also held back Vatuvai for your only try.

GB were atrocious last night, they were even worse on attack than in the first test between the two sides which says a lot. Peacock is the only player who can hold his head up high after that performance. They could've had every single call go their way and they still wouldn't of got close to winning as to win you actually require the ability to score points.

Next week could be a massacre if Australia turn up ready to play.

salivor

First Grade
Jane Robinson said:
They gave Long no room

We could've given him the whole field and he still would've found a way to stuff up. He was deadset dreadful in everything he did last night, I'd only give him 0.5 out of 10 and the half a point is for managing to get on to the field without tripping up.

I've never seen a side make such a blunder out of last tackle options, even when there was a blood bin on the last at one point, they had about a minute to formulate their last tackle option and they still mucked it up getting caught in possession on the last. Souths would've beaten them last night.

Latest posts