What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB vs NZL = FARCE

Micistm

Bench
Lol! I knew when I got up this morning there would be threads like this, where the Poms were 'robbed', the officials ruined the game etc etc etc.
It's been the one consitant thing through the whole series- The fans of the team losing get online and whinge about the officials.
GB got done by a side that was totally fired up. Whether or not GB makes the final, that was the story last night. Nuff said.

JJ

Immortal
NZ will win the final by 20+ on form

GB are hopeless, and Aust only marginally better

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Leon pryce screwed himself with that no try. Wellens went through as a decoy and Kidwell lined up tot ackle him, fair enough from both players. Pryce then came forward and stepped right which drew Kidwell left to cover him, pryce then added another step back the other way which created the shepard.

If Pryce had gone straight for the gap without initially going right then I would've said fair try. Pryce created the shepard himself by stepping in both directions while behind Wellens. No try, fair call.

aussies1st

Staff member
KeepingTheFaith said:
Leon pryce screwed himself with that no try. Wellens went through as a decoy and Kidwell lined up tot ackle him, fair enough from both players. Pryce then came forward and stepped right which drew Kidwell left to cover him, pryce then added another step back the other way which created the shepard.

If Pryce had gone straight for the gap without initially going right then I would've said fair try. Pryce created the shepard himself by stepping in both directions while behind Wellens. No try, fair call.

Agreed, Kidwell should not have had to deal with the decoy along with trying to tackle Pryce. That was one of the few good calls made.

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
NZ will win the final by 20+ on form

GB are hopeless, and Aust only marginally better

Form?
Australia will not go into the final with Hornby as the halfback.
or
Lyon in the centres
or
King wearing a suit.
Australia will win the final 13 Plus

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Form?
Australia will not go into the final with Hornby as the halfback.
or
Lyon in the centres
or
King wearing a suit.
Australia will win the final 13 Plus

Did Australia win either of the first two games by 13+? No- they started off with a 12 point win, got worse in the 2nd game, and a lot worse in the 3rd game. They're not in a good position.

I'm not super-confident of victory, but it should be a close game. Although, of course, I really expect Australia to play half-arsed next week and lose, and then beat GB by about 16-20 points in a dire and boring final.

innsaneink

Referee
Jane Robinson said:
There's no point in us whingeing on about the ref and video decisions. Bottom line is that New Zealand were simply superb and their pack bullied us all around the field. They gave Long no room, we failed to do the same to Stacey Jones and after the first half hour we looked as if we wanted to be on the plane going back home

Congratullations, finally a GB fan giving the Kiwis the credit theyre due, without inserting the regulation excuse clauses etc.
And its taken a girl to do it, you GB lads need to take a long hard look at yerselves, the only one of you with any balls is a lassy.

anyone notice the stupid kiwi fan who had kiwi written backwards across his forehead (obviousley did it in the mirror).

LOL :lol: Classic!! :clap:

borntoride

Juniors
Credit to NZ, can't be bothered to complain about ref anymore, tourney hasn't been refed well thats for sure and tbh i'm not expecting the ref decisions or video ref to get any better at suncorp. but can't take anything away from Kiwi's they played their socks off last night, best i've seen them play so far.

Mr Saab

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Did Australia win either of the first two games by 13+? No- they started off with a 12 point win, got worse in the 2nd game, and a lot worse in the 3rd game. They're not in a good position.

I'm not super-confident of victory, but it should be a close game. Although, of course, I really expect Australia to play half-arsed next week and lose, and then beat GB by about 16-20 points in a dire and boring final.

Game one should have been 13 plus.
Game 2 the kiwis played well, but bombed it
Game 3 was a write off because of the team selections. Sorry, but Hornby aint a test halfback.

JJ

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Game one should have been 13 plus.
Game 2 the kiwis played well, but bombed it
Game 3 was a write off because of the team selections. Sorry, but Hornby aint a test halfback.

shoulda coulda woulda

Nope, Hornby's not a test half, neither is Thurston

O'Meley's not a test prop, neither is Kite, Tupou or Thaiday

O'Donnell is not a test back rower, and on his last performance you;d have to wonder if Mason is either (Kiwis own him anyway, always will).

Hodges and Gasnier aren't a test centre pairing either, and Berrigan's just a joke isn't he...

:lol: it's a terrible Aust side by Aust standards, be honest

Bob8

Juniors
KeepingTheFaith said:

Analysis? Of rugby league?

You are on the wrong forum, young man.

deluded pom?

Coach
salivor said:
Only a pom could look at a 34-4 scoreline and say that GB were robbed. All the Kiwis tries were fair, yes Raynor should've been awarded a try but Senior also held back Vatuvai for your only try.

GB were atrocious last night, they were even worse on attack than in the first test between the two sides which says a lot. Peacock is the only player who can hold his head up high after that performance. They could've had every single call go their way and they still wouldn't of got close to winning as to win you actually require the ability to score points.

Next week could be a massacre if Australia turn up ready to play.

No-one is saying G.B. were robbed, just that we would have liked a fair crack of the whip which I don't think we had.If the reffing had been totally fair then there's no way G.B. would have won anyway.It's just that these kind of decisions give people bullets to come on here and have a whinge. Exactly the same happened last week when Australia lost so please don't come back and call only G.B. fans whingers. Whingers come in all shapes, sizes AND nationalities.

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
shoulda coulda woulda

Nope, Hornby's not a test half, neither is Thurston

O'Meley's not a test prop, neither is Kite, Tupou or Thaiday

O'Donnell is not a test back rower, and on his last performance you;d have to wonder if Mason is either (Kiwis own him anyway, always will).

Hodges and Gasnier aren't a test centre pairing either, and Berrigan's just a joke isn't he...

:lol: it's a terrible Aust side by Aust standards, be honest

Lets bookmark this post for 2 weeks eh?