What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GC, CC, Wellington....

Dogaholic

First Grade
Does having home games at these locations piss you off as much as they do me?

I buy my season ticket and with it, I expect to be able to attend all home games!

Smartman

Juniors
It does but theres nothing you can do about it.

The game is a business and thus taking them to these venues will ensure a profit of some kind.

Its only 3 games that wouldnt havent of pulled much supporters against the cowboys, warriors etc at the showground (god awful stadium to watch footy).

atomic_crimson

Juniors
when they go interstate it does getting annoying.. CC doesnt worry me to much because i make the trip up... something different... but yeh paying for a season ticket.. i'd prefer all home games to be in sydney

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Well I have no problem with Wellington cause I believe some program is in place where we get first pick from their juniors correct?

Dogaholic

First Grade
Phoney MX said:
Well I have no problem with Wellington cause I believe some program is in place where we get first pick from their juniors correct?

That's right, I forgot about that. I'll scratch that one off my hate list

steveb69

Juniors
no offence but its not as if there home games at the home ground ne more. it should go back to belmore

atomic_crimson

Juniors
belmore isnt going to happen... think its time everyone got over it!

wellington? has that gone through that deal? last i heard they were still negotiating things

PARANoIR

Bench
I went to the Cowboys game last year on the Gold Coast that was meant to be our home game and it sucked. It was much more like a Cowboys home game, then a Dogs home game. It was a rip off, not only did the Dogs play crap, but the Cowboys supporters were wankers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not only does it rob STHs of one home game, it's simply unfair. We've been doing it for years out of our generosity, I think maybe other clubs should learn to do it - i.e. the ones who haven't for years... or ever for that matter. Maybe take something like Canberra v Melbourne to Adelaide, or Cowboys v Newcastle to Perth, something like that. Make other clubs share the load... give something back to our loyal fans for once.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
PARANoIR said:
I went to the Cowboys game last year on the Gold Coast that was meant to be our home game and it sucked. It was much more like a Cowboys home game, then a Dogs home game. It was a rip off, not only did the Dogs play crap, but the Cowboys supporters were wankers.

yeh but in the end the club got the money... and i think that perhaps was one of themain aims.. wouldnt you if you could get the gate takings for 25k supporters rather that 10k?

Copa

Bench
dodge said:
Not only does it rob STHs of one home game, it's simply unfair. We've been doing it for years out of our generosity, I think maybe other clubs should learn to do it - i.e. the ones who haven't for years... or ever for that matter. Maybe take something like Canberra v Melbourne to Adelaide, or Cowboys v Newcastle to Perth, something like that. Make other clubs share the load... give something back to our loyal fans for once.
Both Canberra and melbourne fans have access to less games than Bulldogs fans... Raiders fans, for example, only have easy access to Canberra Stadium... Bulldogs fans can still easily access other teams' home grounds in Sydney.

Timmah

Staff member
Copa said:
Both Canberra and melbourne fans have access to less games than Bulldogs fans... Raiders fans, for example, only have easy access to Canberra Stadium... Bulldogs fans can still easily access other teams' home grounds in Sydney.

Canberra and Melbourne aren't the point :roll:

The point is that an even-ish share of 'away' home games are spread over the 16 clubs. It's not fair for it to be us every year. That's all I'm saying. And I know we're not the only team that does it but there quite a few who don't.

Rammo

Juniors
atomic_crimson said:
belmore isnt going to happen... think its time everyone got over it!

People with that attitude are the ones that would lose hope in surviving if their boat capsised.

Have faith, people power does wonderful things.

Go here www.backtobelmore.com.au

and sign the petition.

Timmah

Staff member
Rammo said:
People with that attitude are the ones that would lose hope in surviving if their boat capsised.

Have faith, people power does wonderful things.

Go here www.backtobelmore.com.au

and sign the petition.

Amen.

Kogarah or Leichhardt ring any bells?

bluenwhite

Juniors
that's an awesome site. i saw it on the kennel and i'm taking it to school tomorrow to get it signed, hoping to get about 20+ signatures.

Latest posts