What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General #crisis thread - league in the media

Footage has just emerged of a GWS AFL player doing a big fat line of Bolivian marching powder.

No doubt the Luke O thing will be front page news and the AFL issue will be blamed on his proximity to NRL players in Sydney.
Lets hope bandana boy and the old soak mention it in their columns

no name

Coach
Look at the difference between the reporting of the bulldogs mad Monday and the latest afl drug incident. But no agenda against rugby league.....
And the Souths social media story compared to this unnamed AFL player talking about doing drugs and having orgies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Figured we need an ongoing thread for the latest outrages.

I'll kick off with this one. Luke O'Donnell charged with bashing police, having lol drugs.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...ith-ex-nrl-star-on-assault-charges/ar-AAz4upH

Fancy calling Luke O'Donnell a footy "legend".

funnily enough grub reporting on a bigger grub ends up being enjoyable watching.
LOD will always be a NQ "legend", 2 x GF's, won 1, 5 origins and 11 tests and for a short time the form back rower of the comp, isn't far off the mark.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the headline is ridiculous when the author is talking about all sportsmen yet it's on the news.com.au home page

https://www.whimn.com.au/love/datin...n/news-story/d19b00ab08d2f635ce7077035bcb0291

'Why I Won't Date A NRL Player Again'

The WAG life is not for me.

Jana Hocking
Whimn
February 22, 201910:39am

The trouble with dating is that more often then not you find yourself on dates with guys that *appear* fabulous, yet wind up being so horrifically wrong for you that you start questioning your own judgement. Or at least, I do.

Multiply that by being a WAG, and it’s a role that tests your confidence and burgeoning relationship in ways you can’t fathom.

During my time as a singleton, I have dated a number of professional sportsmen: an AFL player, NRL player, A-League player, and even a Rugby Union player.

Yes, I’m aware that sounds slightly like I’m a football groupie, but let it be known those dating periods were spread over seven years. That’s one every 1 year and 9 months. Be gone with your judgement, please.

The one thing I’ve learnt from that experience is this - professional athletes are not for me. Oh no. Most definitely not.

As with any moderately famous person, footballers are the source of much gossip. I’m not saying it’s them, because generally, it’s not. This really is a case of ‘It’s not you, it’s me.’

In fact, I'd go as far as to say they are targeted. The fun part as their partner is not knowing who, or what, to believe.

I’ve come up with a couple of reasons why.

I’m not the only one attracted to the bloke I’m dating

Nope, with a professional athlete comes a bevy of women vying for their attention and spitting in the face of sisterhood. These women are ruthless. In fact, I’m almost in awe of their aggressive bravado. They will slide into his DMs, stalk him around a dance floor, and even butt in mid-sentence to ask for a selfie. Oh to have their confidence.

You will be expected to attend all their games

Which is fine if you like sports, but me? Not so much. And when you’re not at their games, you’ll be attending occasions solo, because they travel, a lot.

You’re not the only person they will date

Okay, so not strictly a footballer, but just this week American baseball player, Trevor Bauer, spoke to Sports Illustrated about his rules when it comes to dating him and they were honestly brutal.

He told the publication, "As soon as I sense you’re developing feelings, I’m going to cut it off, because I’m not interested in a relationship and I’m emotionally unavailable," before adding, "No social media posts about me while we’re together, because private life stays private."

And finally, this charm offensive, "I sleep with other people. I’m going to continue to sleep with other people. If you’re not O.K. with that, we won’t sleep together, and that’s perfectly fine. We can just be perfectly polite platonic friends.”

Ouch.

Yet, can we just commend him for a second on his honesty?! How many guys have you ever dated, only to find out that they were thinking the exact same thing, they just never communicated it? In the fine words of queen of wisdom Maya Angelou, “When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time.”

Girls will slide into YOUR DMs to tell you what your bloke has been up to

Years ago, I had been seeing a rugby league player who it turns out, was quite a ladies man. He was in Canberra one weekend for a game and a girl sent me a Facebook message to say she had hooked up with him during that weekend. Cue the tears, texts, tantrums and words not suitable for publishing on this website.

Ultimately, your self-esteem will take a hit

There will always be a girl shaking her cute, tiny butt in front of your man who is hotter than you. You will constantly be wary of them cheating, especially when they’re away on team trips, and sport will ALWAYS come first.

In saying all this, it’s not all bad. I’m focusing on the worst of it. And, I know some perfectly lovely professional athletes who worship the ground their partners walk on, as much as the hallowed turf they play on. That’s right. #NotAllSportsmen.

I raise my cap to the fierce and fabulous WAGS of this world. Your confidence, commitment and sports knowledge really is aspirational. But I could never be one of you.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I have always had a theory that weeny journalists are insanely jealous when they see footy players getting snatch so easily out on the town.

So to get revenge they write #crisis articles.