What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Fangs

Coach
Is he? I don't think he has shown much in the top grade anyway

Maybe not blow you away stuff but I thought he looked natural at fullback for Souths. He will be a good fit for the Tigers at fullback if Benji does the same job he did in 2019.

Fangs

Coach
I know he came back from an ACL injury but

110m a game.
5 linebreaks
0 tries
3 Try Assists
41 tackle breaks

None of screams worth a 4 year deal

I can't speak for the length of the deal or the $$$. Though he isn't worth 550k right now that's for sure. I don't think Nathan Cleary is worth half his contract but it is what it is. Starting spine players always get a big contract, even if it's based on potential.

I thought he was one of Souths best at the backend of 2019. Unlucky to be concusssed two weeks in a row (both finals matches) which ate into his minutes.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't speak for the length of the deal or the $$$. Though he isn't worth 550k right now that's for sure. I don't think Nathan Cleary is worth half his contract but it is what it is. Starting spine players always get a big contract, even if it's based on potential.

I thought he was one of Souths best at the backend of 2019. Unlucky to be concusssed two weeks in a row (both finals matches) which ate into his minutes.

Don’t get me wrong he shows promise but every team has 2 or 3 promising young guys very few are on 4 year deals

Fangs

Coach
Don’t get me wrong he shows promise but every team has 2 or 3 promising young guys very few are on 4 year deals

Thats right, just like Nathan Cleary. The best scouts and managers have an eye for players like them.

But they don't always get it right...

Fangs

Coach
Cleary has played Origin atleast and 1 position Douehi is yet to find that position. If he is best as benchie or wing then crazy money

Like I said I don't think he is worth that cash right now. You have to trust the people offering those figures have got an eye for talent and work ethic. Unfortunately its not that simple and many of these players aren't worth the cash in the end.

kinghippo

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/30/confident-mansour-to-bounce-back-after-rock-bottom-year/

"I want to say very confidently – not arrogantly – that I'll be better than last year," Mansour told NRL.com.

Hard for him not to be better. 2019 was basically the worst year of his career. Still had some strong performances getting us out of our side of halfway. Some life left in him yet.
The worrying part is how he talks of playing busted. I have always liked Josh but this admission kind of makes me angry.
Lack of tries and huge error counts aside, his defence was the worst we have seen from him in a long time and probably effected those inside of him.
Yeo was playing busted and I think kikau looked pretty rough at times as well, who is letting them play?
If not fit you shouldn’t be on the field for first grade.

Fangs

Coach
The worrying part is how he talks of playing busted. I have always liked Josh but this admission kind of makes me angry.
Lack of tries and huge error counts aside, his defence was the worst we have seen from him in a long time and probably effected those inside of him.
Yeo was playing busted and I think kikau looked pretty rough at times as well, who is letting them play?
If not fit you shouldn’t be on the field for first grade.

It would be Dave Mate's call.

With Yeo I think he was worried about our depth in the second row. And I guess the same went for the wing.

Griffin did the same with Maloney in 2018. Same with the other Origin players. At the time I thought it was a big mistake however it was kinda justified after we beat Canberra. One thing that was certain was Maloney never returned to his early 2018 form after Origin, he was completely busted and he played that way.

Panfa

Juniors
What else can the nrl do the courts have handed down there punishment he has done his time as long as he sticks to the 300hrs community service he should be free to play as of rd 1.

BxTom

Bench

OldPanther

Coach

Das Hassler

Bench
Actually, it's an inappropriate comment by the magistrate about an organisation that has over many years, with backing from both state and federal governments, achieved much within the community. I hope that the magistrate is forced to retract his statement and apologise.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/community/panthers-on-the-prowl/

Ahh funny stuff ...she didnt criticize the organisation...just the tone deaf name. She's a magistrate who more than likely has an idea about appropriate comment....she doesn't need to apologise for stating what should be obvious to a professional organisation

prowl
/praʊl/
verb
  1. (of a person or animal) move about restlessly and stealthily, especially in search of prey
Urban dictionary
On the prowl
when a human being or other life form proactively seeks out another for sexual gratification.

Fangs

Coach
Ahh funny stuff ...she didnt criticize the organisation...just the tone deaf name. She's a magistrate who more than likely has an idea about appropriate comment....she doesn't need to apologise for stating what should be obvious to a professional organisation

prowl
/praʊl/
verb
  1. (of a person or animal) move about restlessly and stealthily, especially in search of prey
Urban dictionary
On the prowl
when a human being or other life form proactively seeks out another for sexual gratification.

Urban Dictionary
Panther
A female who likes older men.

'OMG, Julia's boyfriend is 17 years older than her, she's such a PANTHER!'

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Panther

I dunno. If the club was called the Penrith Bachelors or something I'd have a problem with it. Panther/prowl is a combo that makes sense.

BxTom

Bench

prowl
/praʊl/
verb
Urban dictionary
On the prowl
https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.c...buke-of-privileged-drug-takers-was-misguided/

Yep, obviously knows what inappropriate is. She's well versed.

Kilkenny

Coach
Actually, it's an inappropriate comment by the magistrate about an organisation that has over many years, with backing from both state and federal governments, achieved much within the community. I hope that the magistrate is forced to retract his statement and apologise.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/community/panthers-on-the-prowl/

Magistrates for the most part are immune from criticism and there will be no apology or retraction just the way it is. A certain well known female magistrate for years got away with outrageous comments and decisions particularly against our Police but nothing was ever done despite public outcry’s on numerous occasions. Anyway May will just have to cop his NRL fine on the chin whatever it will end up being and be free to play from Round 1 which will most likely be in NSW Cup.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t bothered to watch any of the preparing the Panthers videos on the main website until now. Just watched video no 7 and thought if someone gets injured and needs to be stretched off we are going to be in a good position. Won’t need a medicab all the boys will be able to step up and get the injured odd the field.

Pre season training exercises have come a long way back in my day we did 10-15 kilometres runs using telegraph poles, walk one (recovery), jog the next one and sprint the third. Rinse and repeat for 10-15 kilometres. Training over other than the bonding over 10-15 schooners. I’ve always had a phobia about telegraph poles and it has nothing to do with power outages.

Latest posts