What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Pomoz

Bench
I haven’t bothered to watch any of the preparing the Panthers videos on the main website until now. Just watched video no 7 and thought if someone gets injured and needs to be stretched off we are going to be in a good position. Won’t need a medicab all the boys will be able to step up and get the injured odd the field.

Pre season training exercises have come a long way back in my day we did 10-15 kilometres runs using telegraph poles, walk one (recovery), jog the next one and sprint the third. Rinse and repeat for 10-15 kilometres. Training over other than the bonding over 10-15 schooners. I’ve always had a phobia about telegraph poles and it has nothing to do with power outages.
I feel your pain. In my military days, I was part of a team of eight that had to carry a telegraph pole over 3.1 km in a race across country which included hills, gravel and mud. Without doubt, the most difficult physical activity I ever had to do. Why didn't they just put it on the back of a ute?

Kilkenny

Coach
I feel your pain. In my military days, I was part of a team of eight that had to carry a telegraph pole over 3.1 km in a race across country which included hills, gravel and mud. Without doubt, the most difficult physical activity I ever had to do. Why didn't they just put it on the back of a ute?

We didn’t actually carry the telegraph poles we just used as a measuring yardstick to so speak. They did change things up on those runs occasionally you had to piggy back someone else for a bit of variety.

Kilkenny

Coach
Magistrates aren’t always in touch with reality or the real world.

The criminal justice system is highly flawed and that is just not hear in Australia.

Just google recent events in the UK where a convicted terrorist was released only half way into his original sentence only to be released and stab a couple of innocent people before being shot dead by MI6 agents who were obviously surveilling him.

The Tyrone May sentence was probably consistent with what he was charged with, his past good history and to that end he got what he deserved I guess.

He should now be allowed to move on and get his career back on track. He has one year remaining on his current deal and needs to make every post a winner if he is to continue his career with us beyond this season.

Crashtest

Juniors
Well Josh Reynolds should be one player the NRL does not stand down until his trial, after the story Channel 9 ran tonight about his ex partner.

According to Channel 9, she apparently faked the loss of 2 sets of twins to Josh,
is a serial scammer that has used 9 different aliases, has faked having cancer, faked a brain tumour, ripped off a number of other men, and even lied about her mother dieing and conned thousands out of Josh for fake funeral costs.

They even interviewed her parents, who confirmed she was a con artist and needed to be stopped! Her mother looks surprisingly well for a dead person...

MugaB

Coach
Well Josh Reynolds should be one player the NRL does not stand down until his trial, after the story Channel 9 ran tonight about his ex partner.

According to Channel 9, she apparently faked the loss of 2 sets of twins to Josh,
is a serial scammer that has used 9 different aliases, has faked having cancer, faked a brain tumour, ripped off a number of other men, and even lied about her mother dieing and conned thousands out of Josh for fake funeral costs.

They even interviewed her parents, who confirmed she was a con artist and needed to be stopped! Her mother looks surprisingly well for a dead person...

"The News (Litterally) will set him free"
Well done Joshy Reynolds

franklin2323

Immortal

This is the problem with the no fault stand down policy

betcats

Referee

What a write up hahaha her own mother confirms it....be careful who you let into your life there are scum bags everywhere....no morals doesn’t have a gender.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes and no. It also allows the NRL to get the facts before sacking a player outright while still protecting their brand.

Or you can let it play out and those found guilty can cop harder punishments. Reynolds is still going to be referred to as an NRL player when it is reported. So how does it help the brand?

Whino

Bench
Tyrone May (Penrith Panthers)
May will be allowed to return to the NRL in round 5 this year providing he agrees to participate and complete a Secondary Prevention Program.

The Penrith Panthers will also fine May 25 per cent of his 2019 salary.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said he had factored in the lengthy amount of time May had been stood down.

"Tyrone May has effectively served a 12-month suspension from the game, which reflects the seriousness with which the game treats these offences. Providing he participates and completes what we have asked of him, he will be allowed back in the NRL during the first quarter of the season. May’s case should send a clear message to all of our players about the severity of such conduct."
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/07/nrl-announces-integrity-update-on-four-players/

TheFrog

Coach
He has already served 12 months why give him 5 more games.

System is seriously flawed
They are protecting themselves against possible media claims that they are soft on offences against women. There has already been an article by Neil Breen advocating a further suspension, so he'll be happy. It could have been worse, but honestly I think they should have allowed him to play reserve grade.

OldPanther

Coach
Anyone want cheap Foxtel sports and movies for 12 months? $29 a month. The online part of it can watch on 5 devices so can share around.