What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Pomoz

Bench
Nobody on our team would deserve a spot in a NSW/QLD/Aussie team other than Cleary.

We have a bunch of good to very good players - none really 'outstanding'. You could make a case for JFH and Kikau but they aren't Aussies so there is that...
Spot on. JFH would be a starting forward in any side in the world, he is that good. Yeo isn't better than Cordner, but would be a good bench utility, so he may be under consideration. Graham is unfit and past it. There is nobody else in our team exceptional enough to get a start. Leniu in a few years, but not yet. Kikau is out of form at the moment and I wouldn't pick him for SOO, a bit too lazy at the moment.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Spot on. JFH would be a starting forward in any side in the world, he is that good. Yeo isn't better than Cordner, but would be a good bench utility, so he may be under consideration. Graham is unfit and past it. There is nobody else in our team exceptional enough to get a start. Leniu ion a few years, but not yet. Kikau is out of form at the moment and I wouldn't pick him for SOO, a bit too lazy at the moment.
Kikau isn't eligible for State of Origin.

The_Frog

First Grade
Spot on. JFH would be a starting forward in any side in the world, he is that good. Yeo isn't better than Cordner, but would be a good bench utility, so he may be under consideration. Graham is unfit and past it. There is nobody else in our team exceptional enough to get a start. Leniu in a few years, but not yet. Kikau is out of form at the moment and I wouldn't pick him for SOO, a bit too lazy at the moment.
Kikau not eligible anyway under current rules, and if he were it might be for Queensland. Yeo certainly warrants a bench position. A lot of the incumbent forwards have been average in very average sides this year.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Anthony Griffin appointed Dragons coach. No doubt we'll see Sack Hook threads on the red V forum but I'm willing to bet he does significantly better than the 34% win rate they've achieved over this season and last.

Jane Murray

Bench
Anthony Griffin appointed Dragons coach. No doubt we'll see Sack Hook threads on the red V forum but I'm willing to bet he does significantly better than the 34% win rate they've achieved over this season and last.

Who's their interim coach?

Fangs

Coach
Yeo is having his best ever season. He looks fit and his ball playing in the middle has come along very fast. It reminds me of Big Jake at Manly and I am sure Barrett has had a lot to do with it.

NSW have Big Jake, Finucane, Paul Vaughan, Cam Murray, Daniel Saifiti, David Klemmer, Tyson Frizell. It's a bit tricky trying to fit Yeo in there. However this is going to be a very different Origin series. Fittler will do things differently like he has always done.

betcats

Referee
I thinks Yeo's defence is as good as any middle in the game, he isnt a big hitter but his defence is still elite as is his ability to run to the line and throw quality passes,there was a noticeable difference in the quality of the passes being received by the halves without him against Brisbane and he has great mobility for a big man, he often makes breaks and half breaks. I think he is very much rep quality now.

Jane Murray

Bench
I thinks Yeo's defence is as good as any middle in the game, he isnt a big hitter but his defence is still elite as is his ability to run to the line and throw quality passes,there was a noticeable difference in the quality of the passes being received by the halves without him against Brisbane and he has great mobility for a big man, he often makes breaks and half breaks. I think he is very much rep quality now.

Not according to the Realist, and Smug Panther.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He is correct. Yeo is one of those very good forwards who most teams would love to have, but he isn't a game breaker/changer. There are better 2nd rowers, even ball playing ones going around in the NRL.

He hasn’t play on the edge for a while now. He’s been playing the middle and dominating.

He would have to be close to the form 13 of the comp, with only really JT ahead of him.

The Realist

Juniors
Not according to the Realist, and Smug Panther.

You'd be taking the piss if you think Yeo is better than Jake who is the premier ball playing forward/lock. Cameron Murray is also better than Yeo. That is 2 just for NSW. So you can disqualify #13. Yeo isn't a prop so you can disqualify 8, 10, 15, 16. There are at least a handful of Edge backrowers that are clearly better ball runners than Yeo that are eligible for NSW, so that means 11, 12 are out.

Conceivably he'd be in the running for 14 or 17. Yeo doesn't have the skills of a 1/2 or hooker so conceivably that is #14 gone. I'd think that Murray or Graham would take the spot.

So only #17 would be available to him and that really depends on the team balance the coach wants. If he wants an edge running 2nd rower to give #11/12 a break I wouldn't use Yeo.

If you want a dependable 2nd rower who can fill in at a pinch at centre with a bit of ball playing ability maybe Yeo is the guy.

Latest posts