What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

soc123_au

Staff member
How many top guys would play a trial game? We are going to have 3 guys in either NZ or Australia playing the WC final on Nov 20.

They won't train before Jan then the game will be end of Feb, So I see NSW Cup guys with Edwards and Kenny
If it's the week before season start I could see the top squad getting a run. Depends if it is a 1-17 deal or more of a traditional trial format.

Iamback

Coach
If it's the week before season start I could see the top squad getting a run. Depends if it is a 1-17 deal or more of a traditional trial format.

Details are important, Not sure we need trials given how late they will play. Although everyone would want to play in it

mxlegend99

Referee
I think most of our guys are the types to do the extras in their break and be fit come day 1 of training anyway.

Cleary, yeo, Fish and Martin strike me as blokes who couldn't rest in their time off.

I dont think we will be anywhere near our best for this game. Especially line speed for 80 minutes. But I think most our squad will be available in good shape

Good game to blow the cobwebs out.

Iamback

Coach
I think most of our guys are the types to do the extras in their break and be fit come day 1 of training anyway.

Cleary, yeo, Fish and Martin strike me as blokes who couldn't rest in their time off.

I dont think we will be anywhere near our best for this game. Especially line speed for 80 minutes. But I think most our squad will be available in good shape

Good game to blow the cobwebs out.

I don't think it is a case of them not being ready, more a case of not risking them. Even in 2nd trials the last 30 mins gets scrappy as the NSW Cup guys come on.

If the option isn't there to pull those guys off with 20mins to go then better off resting them

Whino

Bench
Does anyone still buy DVD’s anymore? Maybe they won’t bother this year, and just release it for streaming.

Some communication would be nice if they went down that path.

Every year the NRL and AFL have GF DVDs released. The AFL released theirs days after their GF.
The NRL for some reason hasn't bothered. It is usually done within the week of the GF.

I have the game saved on my Foxtel planner until some bastard in the house accidentally deletes it.

maple_69

Bench
I wouldn’t agree to coming out if I was St Helens unless we guaranteed a certain strength of squad. I reckon we’ll have a proper crack at it. While it’s meaningless, we’re now purely in the business of establishing ourselves in the pecking order of the great club sides of all time and it’s another small box tick along the way.

maple_69

Bench
Re Oak, I think it’s a phenomenal advertisement for the club. We’ve had TWO major sponsors since I started supporting the club in 99. That’s a great advertisement for a well run club that builds strong partnerships and delivers value for its corporate community.

Whino

Bench
Any word on a GF Dvd? Usually it is for sale the week after the GF.

No keepsake

Following up on a previous piece I wrote soon after the Grand Final, it now appears there will not be a 2022 Premiers DVD or Blu-Ray, which is a huge disappointment for fans hoping to own a permanent copy of the game. Word is a licencing deal isn’t in place for this year’s match, meaning there will be no release this ye

Latest posts