What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Do you think it's possible you're just a bit more sensitive and see personal attacks when they don't really exist at all...?

Food for thought.

I think I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that one.

It is possible to be critical (and even very critical) of a players performance without 'bagging him out' or getting personal.

Kemp manages to do this well. At times he is highly critical of players's performances without crossing that line into abuse.

I find this podcast perhaps one of the most in depth and detailed de constructs of the previous weekends games.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that one.

It is possible to be critical (and even very critical) of a players performance without 'bagging him out' or getting personal.

Kemp manages to do this well. At times he is highly critical of players's performances without crossing that line into abuse.

I find this podcast perhaps one of the most in depth and detailed de constructs of the previous weekends games.
Things like the delusion that Latrell is a fullback are hard to take seriously

WestyLife

First Grade
The funny thing about Luai is that the Cobbo/Origin incident aside, he generally does tread the line in game pretty well. He agitates and pushes the envelope, but rarely gets it wrong. Part of his role is to be a pest, on and off the field, and he generally does it damn well. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up in media at the end of his career, like Ennis. He's a lot smarter than the average NRL player. The Australian public has a habit of warming to characters like this as they settle down a bit (Hewitt, Kyrgios, Ennis are a few examples).

No chance he goes into the mainstream media scene with the wannabe gangster vibe.

Iamback

Coach
Do you think it's possible you're just a bit more sensitive and see personal attacks when they don't really exist at all...?

Food for thought.

Correct.

Take the Peachey stuff earlier in the year.

His form since leaving us was horrible, so people questioned his place in the team.

None was an attack on Peachey the person, all on Peachey the player

Black Diamond

Juniors
He was playing reserve grade for the team that won the spoon, That deserves crap
He was playing in our premiership team this year when he copped crap.

Comments like:
"Peach is shit"
"Peachy should never play in our team again"
"Hope Ivan picks anyone else but Peachy"

This comments and many similar comments were made in the last few months on this supporters forum.

Peachy is playing well here because he is back in the environment he loves. He never wanted to leave Panthers and always wanted to come back.

Those comments were totally unnecessary.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He was playing in our premiership team this year when he copped crap.

Comments like:
"Peach is shit"
"Peachy should never play in our team again"
"Hope Ivan picks anyone else but Peachy"

This comments and many similar comments were made in the last few months on this supporters forum.

Peachy is playing well here because he is back in the environment he loves. He never wanted to leave Panthers and always wanted to come back.

Those comments were totally unnecessary.

Thanks Black Diamond, for bringing this up.
The above comments, are the type of comments that just get under my skin.

Call me a fat old disabled fuddy duddy......but these comments were thrown around before Peach had even kicked a ball in anger.

He came back here on a greatly reduced contract and produced. Done whatever was asked of him.

What I like about Denan Kemp's podcast is he steps away from that type of 'bagging' too.

I find his podcast a good listen and watch.