What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
He was playing in our premiership team this year when he copped crap.

Comments like:
"Peach is shit"
"Peachy should never play in our team again"
"Hope Ivan picks anyone else but Peachy"

This comments and many similar comments were made in the last few months on this supporters forum.

Peachy is playing well here because he is back in the environment he loves. He never wanted to leave Panthers and always wanted to come back.

Those comments were totally unnecessary.

They are all playing related comments though

WestyLife

First Grade
Thanks Black Diamond, for bringing this up.
The above comments, are the type of comments that just get under my skin.

Call me a fat old disabled fuddy duddy......but these comments were thrown around before Peach had even kicked a ball in anger.

He came back here on a greatly reduced contract and produced. Done whatever was asked of him.

What I like about Denan Kemp's podcast is he steps away from that type of 'bagging' too.

I find his podcast a good listen and watch.

I know I'm one of the toxic ones but I don't like hearing you talk like that about yourself. People might mistake you for an Eels fan or something.

As for peachey he had multiple years of terrible form which ended in him playing reserve grade for the worst team in the comp. Some negative feedback on his form not the man was warranted and I was certainly a little sceptical. In saying that he's now my preferred 14 so I think I'm giving peach his fair due here as he's shown he can lift which seems to coincide with actually liking playing for Panthers which doesn't surprise anyone.

MugaB

Coach
I know I'm one of the toxic ones but I don't like hearing you talk like that about yourself. People might mistake you for an Eels fan or something.

As for peachey he had multiple years of terrible form which ended in him playing reserve grade for the worst team in the comp. Some negative feedback on his form not the man was warranted and I was certainly a little sceptical. In saying that he's now my preferred 14 so I think I'm giving peach his fair due here as he's shown he can lift which seems to coincide with actually liking playing for Panthers which doesn't surprise anyone.
Well its not entirely Tyrones fault, what he does for us, doesn't compute when you slot him into the titans team or tigers team, he did show some signs of good form in his first year with the titans when they had him in at lock or off the bench as a no.14, but then everything went sour and has never looked like performing well, till this years few stints

Tago was?? I’ve never heard that bloke be vocal about anything. I know Tiny May didn’t think he should be forced, but he did it anyway.

I think you might have your wires crossed.
I know Tiny did, and as I said before, I could be wrong, Tago did tweet something in support of him. The tweets has been deleted. Tago though hadn't put a foot wrong.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think a few years back. The tweet was deleted and his account was deactivated. I could be wrong though.
I think you might be, it's been pretty well reported that he isn't a social media user. I'd say as Luke suggested you have mixed it up with Tiny being vocal about it. In any case, if the worst thing someone has done is advocate for choice, then they are doing ok I reckon.

History will look back very poorly on how we were forced to take experimental drugs for a flu. I know the chest pains that forced me to go to hospital weren't worth it. That shit won't ever go in my kids bodies.
I know someone who had Covid injury from the vaccines. I also know that reactions can, and do, happen in every day products we use daily.

Covid is more than the flu.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I know someone who had Covid injury from the vaccines. I also know that reactions can, and do, happen in every day products we use daily.

Covid is more than the flu.
Not for a fit man in his mid 30's. This is old territory and not the place. I shouldn't have brought it up.

Tago uses an old phone that doesn't even have social media capabilities.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
History will look back very poorly on how we were forced to take experimental drugs for a flu. I know the chest pains that forced me to go to hospital weren't worth it. That shit won't ever go in my kids bodies.

Amen brother... As the months go on, there is about to be an explosion against the Government / Big Pharma..

When they eventually come out and start saying 'no one forced you to take anything' thats when the SWHTF big time.

soc123_au

Staff member
Amen brother... As the months go on, there is about to be an explosion against the Government / Big Pharma..

When they eventually come out and start saying 'no one forced you to take anything' thats when the SWHTF big time.
Technically they didn't force anyone. But they did make it extremely difficult to resist in most cases. Absolute despicable behavior from world health and most governments.

age.s

First Grade
Whichever way people go on the topic it didn't feel nice to be told you have to have it by a certain date or you wouldn't be able to work.
This is obviously a topic with massive potential for thread derailment, however I'll just note that, while I agree with you, this wasn't the prevailing opinion at the time. It was very difficult to make points like this, here or virtually anywhere else.

Worth reflecting on because this will likely not be the last time a mass of social pressure will be used to distort and/or redirect people's thinking on a particular issue.