What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

MugaB

Coach
Wow, i have nothing against maverick, but why is that a big announcement, did peter lang think we give two shits about mark geyers son debuting, it must be a journalist thing, most of the folks here think he is average plod and offers nothing more than a Matt Eisenhuth, king if plod

When the f**k am i getting my Vegas tix peter?

WestyLife

First Grade
Wow, i have nothing against maverick, but why is that a big announcement, did peter lang think we give two shits about mark geyers son debuting, it must be a journalist thing, most of the folks here think he is average plod and offers nothing more than a Matt Eisenhuth, king if plod

Twitter fans been begging for him for a while.

Pomoz

Bench

Mark Geyer was a Penrith legend. A Kangaroo, SOO player and part of the inaugural Premiership winning team. 33 years later, his son debuting is a huge deal. On top of that MG is a media personality with a high public profile.

As well as the foregoing, those who know him well in and around the Penrith district reckon he is a great bloke as well.

MugaB

Coach
Mark Geyer was a Penrith legend. A Kangaroo, SOO player and part of the inaugural Premiership winning team. 33 years later, his son debuting is a huge deal. On top of that MG is a media personality with a high public profile.

As well as the foregoing, those who know him well in and around the Penrith district reckon he is a great bloke as well.
Yes thats great, i was talking about Mav not Mark, i know who Mark Geyer is,
nepotism is a wonderful thing, too bad Mark can't be "too tired" to deflect any bias to picking his son instead of someone like riki, or another backrower who might have actually earn this spot, without using his surname

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
Yes thats great, nepotism is a wonderful thing, too bad Mark can't be "too tired" to deflect any bias to picking his son instead of someone like riki, or another backrower
Ivan owes MG nothing. Didn't play with him, doesn't know him. Nepotism is a big call just because you would prefer a different player. I reckon Ivan is his own man as evidenced by his continually picking teams nobody agrees with

MugaB

Coach
Ivan owes MG nothing. Didn't play with him, doesn't know him. Nepotism is a big call just because you would prefer a different player. I reckon Ivan is his own man as evidenced by his continually picking teams nobody agrees with
Yeah, its got nothing to do with Ivan, he has every right to choose mav, he is in the squad, but if maverick had a different surname, no one in the media would care, nor would nepotism be even be brought up, but because he does, and its why everyone has the blinkers on now, im not judging mavs performance or that he has the talent, just saying we have better options, and i want us to win, especially against the chooks and away,
Don't give me this his dad is a good bloke has great sperm crap.. if we lose, its coz ivan and the media made a bad decision pumping this kid up, we are creating another bryce cartwright

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
I was really puzzled by the decision to let Hosking walk from the final year of his contract. It left us with 3 NRL edge options in the squad. One of those is Sorenson who might have been needed to pivot to a bench forward role given we were blooding Henry into a role very different to the one he most suits (he was great last week though). Hosking has gone off and killed it. My assumption was the club must have been pretty confident in one of the kids, Riki or Mav, to pull the trigger on the move. Hopefully some of these little intangibles/1%ers that the club is so good at comes to the fore and Mav kills it.