What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Whino

Bench
According to Rothfield the NRL have quietly knocked back Gower's claim for the 2003 Dally M Player of the year due to insignificant evidence.
How brain dead are they?
Gower had a blinder against Parramatta in the last round. Likely man of the match.
The leader board was leaked up to the last round with Gower slightly ahead.
All you have to do is get a few people together. Re-watch some of the matches from round 26 2003, involving the players who could mathematically finish first, and award phantom Dally M points to see who came out on top.
I am sure he would have come out on top anyway. In David Middleton's 2004 yearbook he credits Gower having a man-of-the-match performance.

The_Frog

First Grade
According to Rothfield the NRL have quietly knocked back Gower's claim for the 2003 Dally M Player of the year due to insignificant evidence.
How brain dead are they?
Gower had a blinder against Parramatta in the last round. Likely man of the match.
All you have to do is get a few people together. Re-watch some of the matches from round 26 2003, involving the players who could mathematically finish first, and award phantom Dally M points to see who came out on top.
I am sure he would have come out on top anyway. In David Middleton's 2004 yearbook he credits Gower having a man-of-the-match performance.
They can do it if they want to. They don't want to. Maybe they fear it would upset someone.

How brain dead are they?
He was the Channel 9 man-of-the-match for that final round game against Parra. I still have that game on VHS

ACTPanthers

Bench
Hey all - I am looking to move (in about 2 years) to the UK for a few years and was looking for suggestions on the best place for me to look to live.

I will probably not have to commute to work (as my job there will be in the literary field and will only have to submit articles/updates online), but was wanting something with a country feel as I'll be drawing a lot of inspiration for my writing from the UK's landscape.

Any suggestions would be brilliant (also the barbs about wanting to move over there in the first place are more than warranted, so send them flying).

Blues Riff

Bench
Hey all - I am looking to move (in about 2 years) to the UK for a few years and was looking for suggestions on the best place for me to look to live.

I will probably not have to commute to work (as my job there will be in the literary field and will only have to submit articles/updates online), but was wanting something with a country feel as I'll be drawing a lot of inspiration for my writing from the UK's landscape.

Any suggestions would be brilliant (also the barbs about wanting to move over there in the first place are more than warranted, so send them flying).
The further South, the better. Torquay in Devon would be my pick. Fawlty Towers country, y'know - the English Riviera.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Found the people in the North much nicer with a better sense of humour. Loved Edinburgh, Leeds was fun. Just stay out of London imo

DinkyDi

Juniors

Make sure you, and your loved ones, are fully vaccinated. Good luck with your potential move.

soc123_au

Staff member

Jism on Shoe is supposed to be nice in the summer.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Thanks all - Obviously just spit balling at the moment as it will be a while before anything starts moving. I've been looking in Edinburgh given that about 49% is green space, but may look at something more out-of-town/in the sticks.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Lakes district generally seems a nice spot, although I've only visited for some mountain biking, never lived there. Hope Exeter works out for you.
Thanks mate! Still a ways off before the wheels start moving but I'm already pretty excited about the move.

Latest posts