What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

What that woman did was horrible, and she needs to face punishment. What May did, and this is my take on it, made himself look like a victim. He should have just said, "this is for all of the people, who have supported me", and that's it.
I think that May is a good player that adds a lot to the team, but I have wanted him gone for a while (in the same way I have said I don’t want us to re-sign Api).

The guy made a bad mistake and has been judged by the laws of the land. It is truly devastating that the young woman involved is still effected by her experience, but that is the nature of many crimes; long after the punishment is over, the victim still hurts.

But maybe, just maybe, the fact that two and a half weeks after sending a perfectly legal post that talks to how he feels, we are still talking about him, with many claiming he is a terrible human being and demanding he be sacked, does shed some light on why he might consider himself somewhat of a victim?

I am trying to put myself in his shoes, and it is uncomfortable for many many reasons.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think that May is a good player that adds a lot to the team, but I have wanted him gone for a while (in the same way I have said I don’t want us to re-sign Api).

The guy made a bad mistake and has been judged by the laws of the land. It is truly devastating that the young woman involved is still effected by her experience, but that is the nature of many crimes; long after the punishment is over, the victim still hurts.

But maybe, just maybe, the fact that two and a half weeks after sending a perfectly legal post that talks to how he feels, we are still talking about him, with many claiming he is a terrible human being and demanding he be sacked, does shed some light on why he might consider himself somewhat of a victim?

I am trying to put myself in his shoes, and it is uncomfortable for many many reasons.
Same here.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

So very well said Cold Wet Panther:

It's obvious reading what many have written the bile and abuse this bloke suffers every single day of life, the minute he steps outside his front door.

I understand the woman is still affected by the trauma of this, at least though her name is suspressed from the wider community.

I find this concerning.

Yep it's self inflicted, but in saying that it doesn't give anyone the right the throw poo, bile, hate and abuse at someone who (yes) has committed a crime. Served his time, and largely paid the price. Even to the extent of paying out probably large amounts of money in civil damages.

Who are we as a society when we lose the ability to allow others 2nd chances.

May must be living a hell on earth.

DinkyDi

Juniors
So very well said Cold Wet Panther:

It's obvious reading what many have written the bile and abuse this bloke suffers every single day of life, the minute he steps outside his front door.

I understand the woman is still affected by the trauma of this, at least though her name is suspressed from the wider community.

I find this concerning.

Yep it's self inflicted, but in saying that it doesn't give anyone the right the throw poo, bile, hate and abuse at someone who (yes) has committed a crime. Served his time, and largely paid the price. Even to the extent of paying out probably large amounts of money in civil damages.

Who are we as a society when we lose the ability to allow others 2nd chances.

May must be living a hell on earth.
He was given the second chance, and he blew it. He should have let sleeping dogs lie. Also, I believe that woman who shared that image of Katoni Staggs, should not have kept her anonymity either.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The way he made it, and this is my opinion, he made himself look like a victim. If he had worded his post correctly, then that would have eliminated any ambiguity.

TBH with all the bile, hate and abuse currently going on, he probably feels like a victim.
Yep the post was perhaps clumsy in it's wording.

Although no matter how it was written or what photos posted many still would have found fault.

DinkyDi

Juniors
TBH with all the bile, hate and abuse currently going on, he probably feels like a victim.
Yep the post was perhaps clumsy in it's wording.

Although no matter how it was written or what photos posted many still would have found fault.
What would May expect? Why rehash ancient history? I hope he is a former Panther, and he gets a gig overseas.

For me, the interest is more about the club response.

Everyone is stuck with his outburst and the club didn’t read the room earlier, but I’m pleased the focus is on recovery effort now.

The club have already started the distancing operation, stood him down and are summoning him to face an inquiry.

If he’s not remorseful and he has little chance.

If they stick with him, I think the club will continue to be smashed from pillar to post and I think they want this cleared up.

I don’t think the sponsors want their name associated this. Everytime they see a story on May, with a photo of his jersey, there’s their product being associated with his bad conduct. They won’t wear it.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
For me, the interest is more about the club response.

Everyone is stuck with his outburst and the club didn’t read the room earlier, but I’m pleased the focus is on recovery effort now.

The club have already started the distancing operation, stood him down and are summoning him to face an inquiry.

If he’s not remorseful and he has little chance.

If they stick with him, I think the club will continue to be smashed from pillar to post and I think they want this cleared up.

The sponsors don’t want their name associated this. Everytime they see a story on May, with a photo of his jersey, there’s their product being associated with some bad conduct. They won’t wear it.

You have no idea whether May is remorseful or not.

You say it with all the conviction of a vigilantee.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Well said.

Yes he's made mistakes but the constant comments that could verge on bullying could be very detrimental to persons mental health and that is something we all need to be mindful of.

Iamback

Coach
Ladies who league are actually paid up members of the Parramatta club, So their opinion on rugby league means nothing to me.

TBH I'm sick and quite tired of you're uncontrolable rambings on this forum.

Yep I've been told to ignore you. But you're like bloody water torture. Drip, drip drip.

You're nothing more than a pompous prig. Full of self importance, flatulance and bile.

For whatever reaason you're allowed to run around like some self appointed sherrif and moral wanna be.

Had it up to pussies bow.

I did notice they had no issue with sex pest Ferguson or the couple of ex crims they have

Iamback

Coach

I'd hope that if my child is stupid enough to get into a similar position they are allowed to grow from it. Instead of having it harped on about

Latest posts