What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

tripster

Juniors
If we're able to defend on the second and subsequent tackles, I'm sure we'll be able to do it on the first as well.

I think the issue is more about field position. We have been very effective the last two seasons kicking deep, chasing hard, and then holding down on the first or second tackle, and then with our line speed keeping the opposition in their own end (even if we give away a six again or even two, we only have to defend for 6 or 7 tackles). By the time the opposition completes the set they haven't got out of their own end. When they kick, Edwards or To'o then starts off our set on our 30 m line.

The problem with kicks for touch is that they allow the opposition to get out of their own end, which makes our ability to control field position so much more difficult.

It should go some way to reducing blow outs, but we won't see the sort of defensive records that we have seen the past two seasons (either from Penrith or the Storm) once a penalty allows a team to gain 30 - 40 m with a kick from touch.

murraymob

Coach
Interesting proposal thrown at the NRL by Ricky stuart
He want all players to be available who are contracted by there clubs to be eligible for 1st grade.we are seeing over seas large numbers of players in major sports testing positive
I like the idea instead of waiting for a set date later in the year have them all available right from the first game

Smug Panther

First Grade
We cheated the 6 again rule and really played against the spirit of the game (very Melbourne Storm like....ewww) whilst this will hurt us it is better for the sport

Girds89

Bench
I think the same. Gal's boxing circus won't get a dollar out of me.
I would rather watch Tim Tszyu.

100% agree. However i dont think gal is a terrible fighter. Hes actually got a lot of skill and a huge engine. To basically go the distance with huni who was almost 20 years his junior is pretty impressive. Hes certainly no mug. Hes beat some decent fighters to.

The actual fighters/boxers he had on his undercard the other night made more money from that ppv undercard than they would off any boxing undercard which was just boxers.

I agree i dont like the nrl bums fighting like half the other idiots who did the other night. But i have no issue if gal wanted to fight other well known past heavy weights or someone like sbw. Its a pay packet for him and it gives upcoming boxers on his undercard a decent pay to keep the training and a bit of exposure.

I think if on his undercards he had maybe just one fight of nrl players and the rest of the fights proper boxers thatd be a better ratio.

The_Frog

First Grade
100% agree. However i dont think gal is a terrible fighter. Hes actually got a lot of skill and a huge engine. To basically go the distance with huni who was almost 20 years his junior is pretty impressive. Hes certainly no mug. Hes beat some decent fighters to.
This is why SBW avoids him.

murraymob

Coach
third test in doubt English team to be tested told to stay at hotel
This pushes the point more Penrith and all nrl clubs need to push the all contracted played be available for first grade issue
All major sports across the globe have now had several players test positive and miss games .it will happen here .we can’t afford to have games cancelled

DinkyDi

Juniors
third test in doubt English team to be tested told to stay at hotel
This pushes the point more Penrith and all nrl clubs need to push the all contracted played be available for first grade issue
All major sports across the globe have now had several players test positive and miss games .it will happen here .we can’t afford to have games cancelled
The game is playing now.

Kilkenny

Coach
The club were publicly optimistic we would be able to retain Kikau, Api, Dylan and thus far it has not gone too well.

I think Dylan has to do what is best for him and perhaps he could earn more money, longer deal elsewhere which is obviously why his contract situation has dragged on.

Good luck to him with way, he deserves a contract consummate with his worth.

Fangs

Coach
Edwards should hold out and see how much the Dolphins want to throw at him. They can no doubt match our offer.

Would be sad to lose him. Unbelievable performances in the finals series.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards should hold out and see how much the Dolphins want to throw at him. They can no doubt match our offer.

Would be sad to lose him. Unbelievable performances in the finals series.
His performances were heroic, even those who have issues with him, would probably acknowledge how instrumental his performances were in us getting too and winning the premiership.

Pomoz

Bench
The club were publicly optimistic we would be able to retain Kikau, Api, Dylan and thus far it has not gone too well.

I think Dylan has to do what is best for him and perhaps he could earn more money, longer deal elsewhere which is obviously why his contract situation has dragged on.

Good luck to him with way, he deserves a contract consummate with his worth.
I believe you meant commensurate and your point is valid. His value probably increased after his excellent finals performances whilst under considerable physical duress. His willingness to take one for the team is a great quality that enhances the culture at the Panthers. I hope they can keep him.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Can Penrith afford to lose Thrylan, Crichton moves to fullback who are the centres. I know there are some really talented kids playing in St Clair U13. Chylan’s manager must be licking his lips.

Latest posts