What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Fangs

Coach
Spanish flu was about 2 years. 3 waves I believe. I think we are on a similar trajectory. We also have an extremely effective vaccine in the majority of Australians.

Hoping this is the last covid affected year for the NRL and sport in general.

Iamback

Coach
Millions have got it twice @franklin2323

Maybe so. A collegue got it in the last wave and is still showing up in blood tests as Covid positive 5 months later.
Depends on the testing as too if it is a new infection or not

The unvaxxed are still the vast majority in hospital. Alot of it is overreaction eventually the data will get looked at and it will be treated on merit

The_Frog

First Grade
Well it has started already.several players and staff are now self isolating .the NRL should fast track Gould idea of all contracted players being available to play first grade has merit.we will have canceled games with out it’s just a matter of when
The entire Frog family is now self isolating also. Been unwell since NY day, not even sure if its covid yet but seems likely. We finally managed to gert tested today but I'm sure we'll have recovered by the time we get a result. It's quite mild but you just hit the wall from time to time. Covid is out of control. Testing queues kilometres long, and people being turned away before being tested. We can only hope that getting it will bring significant resistance to it but that cannot be assured if another mutation occurs. For that reason I think it is folly to allow overseas travel, that is how this wave got in, in fact it is how every wave has got in, but airlines are big business and have significant sway over Governments.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The entire Frog family is now self isolating also. Been unwell since NY day, not even sure if its covid yet but seems likely. We finally managed to gert tested today but I'm sure we'll have recovered by the time we get a result. It's quite mild but you just hit the wall from time to time. Covid is out of control. Testing queues kilometres long, and people being turned away before being tested. We can only hope that getting it will bring significant resistance to it but that cannot be assured if another mutation occurs. For that reason I think it is folly to allow overseas travel, that is how this wave got in, in fact it is how every wave has got in, but airlines are big business and have significant sway over Governments.

Sorry to hear that your family has been unwell. Hope you all get well soon.

The_Frog

First Grade
Sorry to hear that your family has been unwell. Hope you all get well soon.
The young bloke (age 6) is fine. He was sick first but only for one day, then I followed and then my wife. It's hard on him not being able to go anywhere, even to a playground. Because we couldn't get tested until today it adds days on to the isolation period. It's like a very mild flu.

The Realist

Juniors
No one has one multiple comps for the club. Those players that do already get in the top tier of player.

Yeo and To'o already are the best in their positions ever. Guys in the stacked positions get there with another comp win

Yeo still has a little bit of work to do to get Past Trent Waterhouse IMO.

I am a huge To'o fan but I think he still has work to do to get past Michael Gordon as well. A few season competing at a similar level should just do it but I don't think Brian will ever be as flexible a player as Flash was. Flash had everything except for height. He was capable of burning opposing players for long range tries in a way To'o hasn't demonstrated yet, had balls skills, could break tackles as well as being Evasive and was an unbelievable defender.

ODC

Juniors

I am a huge To'o fan but I think he still has work to do to get past Michael Gordon as well. A few season competing at a similar level should just do it but I don't think Brian will ever be as flexible a player as Flash was. Flash had everything except for height. He was capable of burning opposing players for long range tries in a way To'o hasn't demonstrated yet, had balls skills, could break tackles as well as being Evasive and was an unbelievable defender.
Yeah I’ll take our current crop thank you very much.

Iamback

Coach

Does bring up some good discussion points.

Yeo this year will take over Waterhouse in terms of games played for the club and SOO games.

Yeo has started Origin. Club captain. Multiple Grand Finals. Overall is him or Cam Murray for best lock in the game.

Gordon had a good solid career however most of it was at other clubs. For various reasons only got the single SOO game. So To'o is already in front.

If To'o isn't the best winger in the game. He is very close

This current roster has several guys close to elite status if not there already. As a club we have had good players even great players but elite players are very rare here

roofromoz

First Grade
This should create a bit of discussion
I believe if nathen Cleary wins us another grand final he will have earned the title of the greatest ever player to wear a panther jersey

Worthy discussion, I guess it would be in the realms of Greg Alexander and even Brad Fittler, who were genuine and also consistent match winners on their day.

Iamback

Coach
Worthy discussion, I guess it would be in the realms of Greg Alexander and even Brad Fittler, who were genuine and also consistent match winners on their day.

They are the top 2. Gower and Girdler would round the top 4. there a few from this current batch that very likely end up there

murraymob

Coach
The broncos raiders and dogs along with us have several players and staff test positive and isolation .this is shaping up as one interesting year

DinkyDi

Juniors
The broncos raiders and dogs along with us have several players and staff test positive and isolation .this is shaping up as one interesting year
That is why it is imperative that all available players, including those who are development players, should be able to play. The plus side is all are vaccinated, so their recovery times are greater.

Latest posts