What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Just read my most recent post I’m trying to be informative.

That’s all the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident, but the actual main part of the allegation is that he punched his wife in the face and leg. That’s what makes this serious, and what likely means he won’t play again until the court process has played out.

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s all the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident, but the actual main part of the allegation is that he punched his wife in the face and leg. That’s what makes this serious, and what likely means he won’t play again until the court process has played out.

Having an allegation of DV means the nrl will stand him down until its resolved.

soc123_au

Staff member
I hate to speculate but given how some seem to have made there minds up already and are convicting May in the Court of public opinion I’ll just point out some interesting issues.

1. We don’t know yet whether Police attended the alleged DV related incident on the 8th April.
2. We don’t precisely know where it occurred in a home, out the front of a home, in a taxi etc etc
3. If this Police did attend we don’t yet know whether the alleged victim made a formal complaint or may have been hostile to police. Historically it is well documented long suffering DV victims often don’t assist Police.
4. The key thing that makes me suspect the Police did attend is the fact Taylan May rather mysteriously didn’t play in the game against the West Tigers on the 20th April.
5. I suspect Police attended on the 8th April at which point for whatever reason they did not have sufficient evidence at that point to arrest and charge, for reasons that are not yet clear, but took the mandatory legal requirement of securing an interim AVO protecting the alleged victim.
6. The interimAVO may have been the actual reason May was stood down from the Wests Tigers game.
7. In the weeks following we can only speculate and this is the great unknown and why people shouldn’t speculate too much.
8. Whatever has transpired, whether. Sufficient evidence has become available to the Police or other things have happened he was subsequently arrested this morning.

Regardless fans just need to hold off, and await further information before drawing such damning conclusions. That’s just my opinion.
I think you will find most that are saying to sack him mean if he did it. As for the specifics, do they really matter? For me it's did he punch his wife in the face? Yes, he can get f**ked, no, then he needs some assistance anyway to not find himself in these situations. Also if he did do it, I dont care if was on the space shuttle, I know your point is if he was accused and charged for hitting her in a taxi, and it happened somewhere else he probably walks on a technicality, if something like that happened I would still want him gone.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think you will find most that are saying to sack him mean if he did it. As for the specifics, do they really matter? For me it's did he punch his wife in the face? Yes, he can get f**ked, no, then he needs some assistance anyway to not find himself in these situations. Also if he did do it, I dont care if was on the space shuttle, I know your point is if he was accused and charged for hitting her in a taxi, and it happened somewhere else he probably walks on a technicality, if something like that happened I would still want him gone.

This. Why does that other stuff matter?

Kilkenny

Coach
Some of you seriously have no idea, no idea of our criminal justice system. You just read an article in the media and form an opinion. You draw conclusions from a fraction of the relevant information being available. Not facts, not evidence you all just run off half cocked. I was by suggesting the offence may have happened in a taxi, I was suggesting we don’t really no at this point where it happened or anything of substance.

WestyLife

First Grade
Some of you seriously have no idea, no idea of our criminal justice system. You just read an article in the media and form an opinion. You draw conclusions from a fraction of the relevant information being available. Not facts, not evidence you all just run off half cocked. I was by suggesting the offence may have happened in a taxi, I was suggesting we don’t really no at this point where it happened or anything of substance.

We don't need to know where it happened. Only if it's true or not.

Pomoz

Bench
An accusation has been made. Its up to the courts to decide whether its true. We should consider the fact that there have been several occasions where allegations like this get thrown out of court. The Josh Reynolds case being the most recent example I can think of, Paul Kent's DV case being another. We need to let the legal processes take place and see what happens.

I hope it isn't true for all concerned and especially his wife. I understand all the emotion, but venting anger and making accusations doesn't help anybody, least of all his wife.

If it is true, it is very disappointing from a club perspective and horrible for his wife. There are no winners in this.

Kilkenny

Coach
This. Why does that other stuff matter?
I’ll tell you why it matters you have all made your mind up on his guilt off the back of an article in the media.

Lots of other stuff matter and I means lots but none of you dim wits even want to entertain the thought of a presumption of innocence, actual evidence, facts, most of which are not even yet known.
Do we even know yet whether the alleged victim has made a formal complaint, made an official statement, no we don’t but no matter all good an article on fox sports based on a set of police facts says he punched her in the face and legs so that’s good enough.

Seriously, you people should be ashamed of yourselves, accusations are what they are accusations.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’ll tell you why it matters you have all made your mind up on his guilt off the back of an article in the media.

Lots of other stuff matter and I means lots but none of you dim wits even want to entertain the thought of a presumption of innocence, actual evidence, facts, most of which are not even yet known.
Do we even know yet whether the alleged victim has made a formal complaint, made an official statement, no we don’t but no matter all good an article on fox sports based on a set of police facts says he punched her in the face and legs so that’s good enough.

Seriously, you people should be ashamed of yourselves, accusations are what they are accusations.
His past actions are saying more than anything. The bloke is an utter f**kwit who's had the club and the NRL repeatedly go soft on him. This has lead to further f**kwit behaviour.

WestyLife

First Grade

Us: what matters is if it's true or not.

You: dimwits it could've been anywhere.

You're an idiot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Can I say, once this matter when eventually adjudicated on, if he is found guilty, he will never play for this club again and rightfully so, I adhor DV it is inexcusable and cannot be condoned.

I don’t care where he goes or who decides to give him a second chance that is there call. Just not at our club.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Can I say, once this matter when eventually adjudicated on, if he is found guilty, he will never play for this club again and rightfully so, I adhor DV it is inexcusable and cannot be condoned.

I don’t care where he goes or who decides to give him a second chance that is there call. Just not at our club.
I get your stance here and I appreciate it. What I'm saying May isn't some random bloke who been blindsided by an out of the blue accusation. He's a prick

age.s

First Grade
Stop conflating the criminal justice process with opinions on an internet forum. This isn't a jury, its a place for free people to talk.

I'm under no obligation to presume innocence or guilt because I'm not convicting the guy. You have to right to your view, but don't expect anyone to acknowledge your imagined authority as self-appointed forum cop.

Kilkenny

Coach
Us: what matters is if it's true or not.

You: dimwits it could've been anywhere.

You're an idiot.
Well we don’t know yet whether it is true or not so you let yourself down there, you have already made your mind up with no objectivity or having regard to the entirety of the information or evidence. Major fail there.

I have considerable experience in matters such as these and know the law, have extensive experience in the criminal justice system.

There is only one idiot and it is not me.

betcats

Referee
The bar assault didn’t bother me I stuck up for him. But the speeding thing alone shows he’s a dopey merkin. And i say this as someone with quite a few tattoos, anyone who gets their last name tattooed across their neck in big bold letters is probably a f**king shit merkin

WestyLife

First Grade
Well we don’t know yet whether it is true or not so you let yourself down there, you have already made your mind up with no objectivity or having regard to the entirety of the information or evidence. Major fail there.

I have considerable experience in matters such as these and know the law, have extensive experience in the criminal justice system.

There is only one idiot and it is not me.

I believe:

1. May is a piece of shit
2. He'll be stood down by the nrl
3. If true he shouldn't ever play for the club again.

Name which one is wrong?

Latest posts