What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

MugaB

Coach
I think that the breaking of an AVO was mentioned. If he was arrested for that and not the alleged offence it suggests that the offence is yet to be proven and he may yet be innocent.
Yeah that seems the better timeline, it's weird that it's not something that happened last week, it's gotta be that

Kilkenny

Coach
I think that the breaking of an AVO was mentioned. If he was arrested for that and not the alleged offence it suggests that the offence is yet to be proven and he may yet be innocent.
I haven’t read anything personally about breaches of an AVO, the fox sports article mentions there will be an AVO sought as part of the process. AVO’s are automatically sought for on going protection of the alleged victim. If there was an existing AVO in existence at the time of the offences alleged to have occurred on the 8th April May would have additional criminal charges of Being in Breach or Breaches of an interim or enforceable AVO. This does not appear to be the case based on information in the Fox Sports article

BxTom

Bench
Yeah that seems the better timeline, it's weird that it's not something that happened last week, it's gotta be that
I would assume that Penrith management would not have let him play if they thought that there was any likelihood of him being charged with DV. They would be aware of the damage to the club if he was charged.

Kilkenny

Coach
I would assume that Penrith management would not have let him play if they thought that there was any likelihood of him being charged with DV. They would be aware of the damage to the club if he was charged.
While the offences occurred on the 8th April the alleged victim may not have made a formal complaint till yesterday or today we simply don’t know there just isn’t sufficient information and won’t be till the 28th.

As everyone should, just take a deep breath, at the very least, wait until the matter is first mentioned in court on the 28th May at least then the alleged facts of the offences should become a matter for public record.

There are some in interesting issues, not least the fact the alleged offences occurred on the 8th April but May was not arrested until this morning almost six weeks later. This begs the question when the complaint was made, when did it come to the attention of the Police, has the alleged victim made a formal complaint or is there other evidence available from other witnesses, persons present impartial or otherwise. There other potential issues which I will not go into.

The soecifics of the allegations have already been reported. He’s alleged to have punched his wife in the face and leg. (this comes from the police statement)

Pantherjim.

Referee

Kilkenny

Coach
The soecifics of the allegations have already been reported. He’s alleged to have punched his wife in the face and leg. (this comes from the police statement)

That’s all fine but such information is minimal in the overall big picture.

There is lots of relevant and important information that is yet on the public record.

I could list a dozen things that are critical and are yet unknown. I won’t I’ll just wait until more information becomes available.

Yam must be a physical beast in the behind closed doors training environment because everything about his public persona screams red flags.

I've criticised Turuva's left side finishing in the past but he has out performed May easily this season.

Beginning to worry the club prioritised the wrong bloke to re-sign.
I love Tino as a person and he is a good player but I think he has hit his ceiling; he is Edwards-lite. I could be wrong but I think the contract we offered him was right, as he can be replaced by others with a similar attitude and talents.

betcats

Referee
Where there is smoke there is fire. Maybe he won’t get convicted who knows but Taylan has shown pretty limited brain functionality this year . Some people can’t leave their upbringing behind. A liability we don’t need. If he gets off this one how long before the next issue pops up?

That’s all fine but such information is minimal in the overall big picture.

There is lots of relevant and important information that is yet on the public record.

I could list a dozen things that are critical and are yet unknown. I won’t I’ll just wait until more information becomes available.

minimal? It’ll be the main part of the allegation, not sure what you could mean by “minimal”

Kilkenny

Coach
I hate to speculate but given how some seem to have made there minds up already and are convicting May in the Court of public opinion I’ll just point out some interesting issues.

1. We don’t know yet whether Police attended the alleged DV related incident on the 8th April.
2. We don’t precisely know where it occurred in a home, out the front of a home, in a taxi etc etc
3. If this Police did attend we don’t yet know whether the alleged victim made a formal complaint or may have been hostile to police. Historically it is well documented long suffering DV victims often don’t assist Police.
4. The key thing that makes me suspect the Police did attend is the fact Taylan May rather mysteriously didn’t play in the game against the West Tigers on the 20th April.
5. I suspect Police attended on the 8th April at which point for whatever reason they did not have sufficient evidence at that point to arrest and charge, for reasons that are not yet clear, but took the mandatory legal requirement of securing an interim AVO protecting the alleged victim.
6. The interimAVO may have been the actual reason May was stood down from the Wests Tigers game.
7. In the weeks following we can only speculate and this is the great unknown and why people shouldn’t speculate too much.
8. Whatever has transpired, whether. Sufficient evidence has become available to the Police or other things have happened he was subsequently arrested this morning.

Regardless fans just need to hold off, and await further information before drawing such damning conclusions. That’s just my opinion.

Iamback

Coach
As everyone should, just take a deep breath, at the very least, wait until the matter is first mentioned in court on the 28th May at least then the alleged facts of the offences should become a matter for public record.

There are some in interesting issues, not least the fact the alleged offences occurred on the 8th April but May was not arrested until this morning almost six weeks later. This begs the question when the complaint was made, when did it come to the attention of the Police, has the alleged victim made a formal complaint or is there other evidence available from other witnesses, persons present impartial or otherwise. There other potential issues which I will not go into.

That is why I am holding fire, length of time is a strange one for me. Why not report it straight away

Iamback

Coach
Day in court etc.

Optics look terrible. I think you'll find the May family will be out of Penrith for good.

That is the thing. Outside of Naden in the GF and some over reacting about team antics.

The only trouble the seems to get is from the surname May

Kilkenny

Coach
That is why I am holding fire, length of time is a strange one for me. Why not report it straight away
Honestly there lots of reasons why and just so many factors we are not aware off.

People putting the cart before the horse and basically convicting him on a police fact sheet. A police fact sheet is not evidence, it is a short summary of allegations. It means little. It plays no role in the case assuming it may go to hearing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Honestly there lots of reasons why and just so many factors we are not aware off.

People putting the cart before the horse and basically convicting him on a police fact sheet. A police fact sheet is not evidence, it is a short summary of allegations. It means little. It plays no role in the case assuming it may go to hearing.
The type of man May is, is playing just a big a role

WestyLife

First Grade
He assaulted someone

Celebrating speeding through a school zone

Now this. I'll stake my claim may is a bad person from a bad family.