What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Does our black clash with their dark purple? Is it too close, is that the reason. Is the white alternative an option?

Got to beat the Sharks I guess before we start worrying about what jersey we wear.
Yeah both too dark.

In other news I just saw Peach call out Reed Mahoney for a boxing match. We all know my opinion on him as a footballer but I'd loved to see him flog that prick

WestyLife

First Grade
Does our black clash with their dark purple? Is it too close, is that the reason. Is the white alternative an option?

Got to beat the Sharks I guess before we start worrying about what jersey we wear.

Even though it's an "nrl" game it still counts home and away for jerseys.

MugaB

Coach

White sux... we are not white, panthers are either black, pink (clueso) or Brown (heritage) if you want white it has to atleast have brown with it, like the 1985-1990s

Kilkenny

Coach
White sux... we are not white, panthers are either black, pink (clueso) or Brown (heritage) if you want white it has to atleast have brown with it, like the 1985-1990s
I don’t think the colour of our jersey will decide the outcome of this game I think perhaps the players may have a bigger say.

I must say the forums are extremely quiet which is kind of surprising.

Not sure what to put that down to.

Both the Storm and Panthers appear to have firmed in the betting markets for what it’s worth.

Storm $1-40 into $1-30 and Panthers $1-35 into $1-25. Not sure this means to much.

Suggestions Ramien could be a non starter may be influencing the markets. Talakai starting in the centres is probably not ideal for the Sharks given he is probably more potent off the bench. Probably May work in our favour.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t think the colour of our jersey will decide the outcome of this game I think perhaps the players may have a bigger say.

Both the Storm and Panthers appear to have firmed in the betting markets for what it’s worth.

Storm $1-40 into $1-30 and Panthers $1-35 into $1-25. Not sure this means to much.

Suggestions Ramien could be a non starter may be influencing the markets. Talakai starting in the centres is probably not ideal for the Sharks given he is probably more potent off the bench. Probably May work in our favour.

Not much to say. Just gotta wait for kick off and wish the boys the best. Plenty to say when this is done win or loss.

MugaB

Coach

We shouldn't be in white, those tacky away jerseys that bronx, eels and Knights wear are terrible

Sime_11

Juniors
considering our recent GF luck with heritage jerseys - the Brown jersey could keep that going

but that said- its best we never see success with the Brown jersey, we were perennially the laughingstock as the Chocolate Soldiers

Munky

Coach
Souths were winning with fifty minutes to go in a grand final qualifier the year after the GF.

They fell apart due to horrific ego and injury management a season and a half following the GF defeat.

I've never got the 'we broke them' narrative with Souths.

Parra and Brisbane on the other hand...

Fangs

Coach
Interested to hear from Broncos fans about this.

If you look at the record he got them to a grand final. He went within a whisker of even being a premiership winning coach. But there was this constant feeling from day dot that he simply wasn't up to the job.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Souths were winning with fifty minutes to go in a grand final qualifier the year after the GF.

They fell apart due to horrific ego and injury management a season and a half following the GF defeat.

I never said "We Broke Them", just that teams seem to have bad luck after playing us for the last 3 years. Could be something in the mentality of losing a grand final maybe, but no-one has backed up yet.

Iamback

Coach
Interested to hear from Broncos fans about this.

If you look at the record he got them to a grand final. He went within a whisker of even being a premiership winning coach. But there was this constant feeling from day dot that he simply wasn't up to the job.

Look at the years around that.

A few players had great years and they rode it to the GF

soc123_au

Staff member

To'o broke them in the 2022 Prelim.

MugaB

Coach
I never said "We Broke Them", just that teams seem to have bad luck after playing us for the last 3 years. Could be something in the mentality of losing a grand final maybe, but no-one has backed up yet.
We are unique, Penrith did it in 1990, then backed it up following year, then in 2020, for 2021, hard to see many clubs have that believe, Tigers had that in 88/89, was plagued with massively bad calls in 88, and within a whisker in 89 (one of THE best GFs)
I find there's a type of challenger, either the flashy, get by on our talent team(coasting), or stable 1%ers, do enough to beak the other guy team, panthers are definitely the latter, the 3 we've played previously are all the flash/no substance.
... if its Storm, they will not be such an easy challenger, as those we broke

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Looks like Matty Moylan is retiring at seasons end. Played a big part in getting Leigh into the finals this year, hopefully they can win it all. The best ballplayer I've seen in a Panthers jersey