What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Looks like Matty Moylan is retiring at seasons end. Played a big part in getting Leigh into the finals this year, hopefully they can win it all. The best ballplayer I've seen in a Panthers jersey
Moylan had plenty of natural ability and certainly was a match winner on his day for both the Panthers and the Sharks. Just didn’t deliver often enough, or on a consistent basis. Almost 200 games in the NRL is an amazing achievement though even if his time at our club was a missed opportunity for him, should have delivered more.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Moylan had plenty of natural ability and certainly was a match winner on his day for both the Panthers and the Sharks. Just didn’t deliver often enough, or on a consistent basis. Almost 200 games in the NRL is an amazing achievement though even if his time at our club was a missed opportunity for him, should have delivered more.
Was our best player almost every time he pulled on a Panthers jersey. He was a bit lazy and laid back, he should have been born 20 years earlier

Kilkenny

Coach
Was our best player almost every time he pulled on a Panthers jersey. He was a bit lazy and laid back, he should have been born 20 years earlier
Had some great moments of sheer brilliance, no doubt about it, but his lack of character and dedication probably sours his legacy from his time at the Panthers in my opinion.

soc123_au

Staff member
Had some great moments of sheer brilliance, no doubt about it, but his lack of character and dedication probably sours his legacy from his time at the Panthers in my opinion.
Lack of character is a bit harsh. He was different, as Chins said, born in the wrong era.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lack of character is a bit harsh. He was different, as Chins said, born in the wrong era.
I just was referring to his being bestowed the burden of the captaincy, rightly or wrongly, and I think he let himself and club down. Leadership is not a personal trait or a burden that everyone can carry and in hindsight perhaps it was too much for him to bear. His 2016 season was quite brilliant, it turned so quickly which was all rather sad.

Munky

Coach
Peak Moylan was the opposite of the 2021 version of Dyl.

Moylan amazing ball in hand in the attacking half but completely useless on kick returns or defending the line.

Dyl amazing in the defensive half but a serial killer of overlaps.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Peak Moylan was the opposite of the 2021 version of Dyl.

Moylan amazing ball in hand in the attacking half but completely useless on kick returns or defending the line.

Dyl amazing in the defensive half but a serial killer of overlaps.
Because he was always a 6. It just happened far too late

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan would have been a much better and more consistent player if we never had Hook as coach. Our players only really got to show their skill when they were down by a couple of converted tries and decided to throw the "gameplan" out the window and play what was in front of them.

Losing him probably hurt most when he absolutely tore us to shreds in that final and eliminated us. Though we ended up doing alright a couple years later.

Kilkenny

Coach
On a side note with sacking of Kevin Walters I think it is always sad when a head coach is the fall guy. There was always doubts around whether Kevvie could transcend his love for the club into being a head coach and to that point perhaps he wasn’t quite up to the job of being an NRL head coach. At the same time I think there a number of high profile, highly paid Broncos players who should hang there heads in shame today and beyond by the manner in which they turned there toes up and disgraced Kevvie and the jersey by there performances at the back end of this season. Absolutely shameful Prima donnas.

Iamback

Coach
On a side note with sacking of Kevin Walters I think it is always sad when a head coach is the fall guy. There was always doubts around whether Kevvie could transcend his love for the club into being a head coach and to that point perhaps he wasn’t quite up to the job of being an NRL head coach. At the same time I think there a number of high profile, highly paid Broncos players who should hang there heads in shame today and beyond by the manner in which they turned there toes up and disgraced Kevvie and the jersey by there performances at the back end of this season. Absolutely shameful Prima donnas.

I have no doubt players are too blame as well but the coach needs to sort the players out and failed here

Latest posts