What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Valheru

Coach
This is one of my favourite rugby league tropes along with ‘he’s training the house down’ and describing a great player as ‘a freak!’
Excellent news on Brandon. I don’t want to jinx it but I can’t help feeling optimistic for next year.
Haha well let's hope the cliche holds true. On a serious note the best indicator is the lack of media speculation about his future. There was the whole dragons thing but that seems nothing more than Flanno trying to get his new club to remain relevant.

John moz

Juniors
Big news as souths are looking to sign the next superstars from Roosters local juniors. Roosters have again focused to much on players from Queensland.
Again not spending the dollars on local talent and again will never come close to what Penrith have in juniors.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Big news as souths are looking to sign the next superstars from Roosters local juniors. Roosters have again focused to much on players from Queensland.
Again not spending the dollars on local talent and again will never come close to what Penrith have in juniors.

Why do people make it so clear they have no idea, Yes we have a small junior base but you would be surprised on how much they spend on those junior clubs. There is also the Central coast.
Lets also not bring up the western NSW kids that are turning their backs on Penrith

Nice article todayt in the Daily Telegraph about Tyson Walker, Sam's younger brother. He's under contract to our club via the Ipswich Jets. He's only 16 or so, but can play halfback, fullback or five eight. His Dada reckons his future is probably at five eight or fullback as those positions suit his style more. One to keep an eye out for the future.

Last edited:

ALX25

Bench

4 from QLD in SG Ball & 3 named in the HM side. Wouldn't say that's too many.

Valheru

Coach
2024 roosters squad and their junior affiliation

Billy Smith - Roosters - Souths will try and claim him
Toops - Parra
Young - England
Pauga - NZ
Teddy - Wests
Manu - NZ
Sualii - Penrith
Keary - Parra/Broncos depending on how you look at it
Toia - Dolphins
Walker - Broncos
S Smith - Roosters (Central Coast)
Crighton - Depends how you define it. Played in Young so I guess the Raiders?
Brandon Smith - NZ
Watson - Roosters (Central Coast)
E Butcher - Souths
JWH - NZ
Collins - Broncos
N Butcher - Souths
Whyte - NZ
Sitilli - NZ
Wong - NZ
Leniu - NZ/Penrith
May - Penrith
Moriarty - Roosters (Central Coast)
Radley - Roosters
Dockar-Clay - Penrith

Toops - Parra
Young - England
Pauga - NZ
Teddy - Wests
Manu - NZ
Sualii - Penrith
Toia - Dolphins
Walker - Broncos
Brandon Smith - NZ
E Butcher - Souths
JWH - NZ
Collins - Broncos
N Butcher - Souths
Whyte - NZ
Sitilli - NZ
Wong - NZ
Leniu - NZ/Penrith
May - Penrith
Radley - Roosters
Dockar-Clay - Penrith

I think you will find Daniel Tupou's was initially Canterbury. He played with the Berala Bears in the Canterbury junior league. He moved to the Guildfor Owls in the Parramatta junior leage as the Bulldogs officials didn't rate him. Nor in the end did the Eels hierarchy which is how he came to the Roosters.

Valheru

Coach
I think you will find Daniel Tupou's was initially Canterbury. He played with the Berala Bears in the Canterbury junior league. He moved to the Guildfor Owls in the Parramatta junior leage as the Bulldogs officials didn't rate him. Nor in the end did the Eels hierarchy which is how he came to the Roosters.
Yeah in cases like that I just go the 2nd one as that's where he went up through the ranks.

H.H

Juniors
Gus also spent time playing for Bondi United when he was boarding in Sydney at his private school.

Unfortunately Billy Smith, despite being Bronte through and through, played very limited junior league (he was a union player) in the Souffs juniors comp.

The Colonel

Immortal

Toops - Parra
Young - England
Pauga - NZ
Teddy - Wests
Manu - NZ
Sualii - Penrith
Toia - Dolphins
Walker - Broncos
Brandon Smith - NZ
E Butcher - Souths
JWH - NZ
Collins - Broncos
N Butcher - Souths
Whyte - NZ
Sitilli - NZ
Wong - NZ
Leniu - NZ/Penrith
May - Penrith
Radley - Roosters
Dockar-Clay - Penrith

Dockar Clay has been at a number of clubs (Manly/BWE, Bulldogs and Penrith) but was originally a Parramatta junior.

Valheru

Coach
Dockar Clay has been at a number of clubs (Manly/BWE, Bulldogs and Penrith) but was originally a Parramatta junior.
Not saying you're wrong but I'm just going on what the roosters website says and it says his junior club was St Clair

The Colonel

Immortal
Not saying you're wrong but I'm just going on what the roosters website says and it says his junior club was St Clair

Played 78 games for Parramatta in the then NYC Cup from 2012. Junior club may have been St Clair however most of his junior football was at Parramatta.

Valheru

Coach
Played 78 games for Parramatta in the then NYC Cup from 2012. Junior club may have been St Clair however most of his junior football was at Parramatta.
Yeah so this list is just a novelty based on their actual junior clubs when they were kids

I much more prefer your definition of a junior but roosters fans aren't allowed to use that according to some.