What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Great memories there Ozzy. How sh1t was the Sports Ground surface. And they reckon N Sydney oval was bad!

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
[youtube]4eZsr7JSG7U[/youtube]

Enjoy. :D

I enjoyed that, cheers. I was at the sports ground for manly game where we won 40-2. What a try by the Schu. One of the Best if not the best try of all time. It was scored at the opposite end of the ground from where I was 'cause everyone knew it was pointless watching from the other end with the sun glaring straight in your eyes especially for the 2nd half. Basically win the toss and you usually won the game. Good times indeed

Lambretta

First Grade
So we are half way through the season. Thoughts so far?

We seem to lack last years steel in defence and our forwards were slow to start the season
I thought we were given a duff draw with a lot of the better teams scheduled to play us and the Origin draw did us no favours. But circumstances such as our halves not being in Origin have really helped us and made up for some shit outcomes earlier on

We aren't playing well but results have been going our way lately and we're well placed on the ladder

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
In brief...we are not travelling too bad considering we were the team most disrupted by the WC late last year and only really got most of the squad into pre-season traning in January this year.

We have probably an easier run home than most of the other contenders with 7 home games, 4 away games and two byes up our sleeve.

We have scored the most points, most linebreaks, the 4th best defensive so far. The forwards are starting to look more consistent and are starting to dominate field position and the ruck after appearing to be really off the pace in the first 6-8 rounds.

The match we play against Manly in a few weeks is where we are really going to gauge where we are at. It was a blessing in disguise not having to provide the halves to the NSW team and I think it may also turn out to be a blessing for Boyd to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks. He will be hungry and primed by the year end.

I think there is more improvement in us than any other team and I reckon no team will want to be playing us in the semis if we are hitting our straps by then, which I suspect we will be considering our slow start.

Injuries are my biggest fear...

Trent seems to be preparing our team like Bart Cummings used to prepare his Melbourne cup champs

Lambretta

First Grade
One of our strong points is that we have a fairly stable team but when we do have injuries or origin duties the players that have come in have been able to slot in without us looking like an utter rabble.

This hasn't always been the case

Headless Chook

Juniors
Agree with all said.

Going ok. They need to rediscover the total dominance our pigs had last year. If they get that right then holes will open up the middle for the likes of SBW, Pearce and Maloney to exploit all day. Too often our backs are like a Ferrari driving around a car park looking for a space when they should be out on the open road burning it up.

They won't get a much better opportunity than tonight's game against the Knights to put a score on.

Onwards and upwards.

Valheru

Coach
We are going ok and winning a lot of our matches on sheer talent rather than hard work at the moment. We will need to find last year’s relentlessness to go back to back though.

The defence is slowly starting to get back to where it was last year with all 4 of our wins on this current streak featuring only 12 points conceded although a couple of them were soft. The attack is really starting to click IMO. The Melbourne game was the best indication of that although the Knights game was a step backwards.

Rounds 16 and 19 are looming as true indications of where we are.

dyldizzle

Juniors
I hated the fact that we signed Ferguson at first but as March gets closer I really can't wait to see what he brings to the team. I hope he doesn't turn into another Carney.

Interesting little statistic in Rugby League Week this week. According to David Middleton, Mitchell Pearce is on course this year to become the youngest player ever to have played 200 first grade games.

LJC

Juniors
Would love the Roosters to be known as the "East Sydney Roosters" .

With this name we get back 'East' . We also let people know what part of Sydney we are from. The 'Sydney' bit of the name is very important for national competition recognition relevance and the 'East' bit pinpoints the location in Australia's largest city and strengthens historical recognition of the club.

All very important. It makes a lot of sense! Here's hoping!

dubbo teacher

Juniors
You're on the money LJC although I still can't work out what's wrong with Eastern Suburbs. I think people in other states realise they are located in Sydney...
But East Sydney is a lot better than 'Sydney' - where's the tribalism in that? No RL club represents the whole of Sydney, it's where the game originated ffs.
Do we blame GenY shitheads for decisions such as this??? To bastardise an original and proud club. You may notice that true blue fans still call them Easts.
re Pearce - I greatly respected his father but this bloke has mental health concerns. If they sack him and they should, I'd put him on suicide watch in an appropriate facility...

Latest posts